Bro, I am always curious how the notification like? Is it like native whatsapp apps or like instagram notification at notifications hub?

From  PPSE
    It's just a generic notification in the Hub, with the name of the app that created the notification. I'll see if I can take a screenshot of it later.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-23-16 02:26 AM
    Hi, I looked at 9apps.com and couldn't find whatsapp beta. Is there anything else you installed?

Posted via CB10
    Just look up Whatsapp. It should be there. Another note: I installed Cobalt's Google Play Store and installed Whatsapp from there. Also works, apart from the inability to send pictures and documents. Try that.

06-23-16 02:27 AM
    Here's what the Android Whatsapp notifications look like in the BB10 hub on my Passport:

BB10 after 2016 & apps?-img_20160624_105109.png

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 09:56 PM
    I'm just so disappointed that BB10OS will be no more.... the OS just needed some polishing with the stock apps and a dedicated programming/coding department to work on the apps needed in BlackBerry world.

Good gawd well this is just depressing, one of the four people I contact on BBM just messages me while I'm reading this to say he's uninstalling it from tonight and I'll have have to contact him on Whatsapp.

Blegh, although I will say that whatsapp has been improving on the overall bells and whistles of the app... sigggggghhhh yeah seems that BlackBerry has just given up on the OS.

Surprised to hear that apparently MeeGo is still around from another poster... I had the N900 with Maemo and it was really cool. Then they abandoned it... this was not too long before Nokia's demise. All these developers who can pick and choose which mobile OS to support... I rather get a desktop OS on a mobile platform.

If I'm getting abandoned, I would jump to a desktop OS. Even though a dedicated quick access app might not be provided, at least I know I WILL always have access. I'll probably look into open source Ubuntu phones; or maybe the 950XL.

Sad that BlackBerry intends to no longer support us. We're kind of in a Maemo state:--> We love, they don't and don't wanna go forward; we don't mind doing it ourselves, they won't (or can't in this case) give us the source for us to continue on our own....

I guess I'll just have to hold on to my no longer manufactured Z10 until it dies... *sob* *sob*.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 08:34 AM
    I'm just so disappointed that BB10OS will be no more.... the OS just needed some polishing with the stock apps and a dedicated programming/coding department to work on the apps needed in BlackBerry world.

Good gawd well this is just depressing, one of the four people I contact on BBM just messages me while I'm reading this to say he's uninstalling it from tonight and I'll have have to contact him on Whatsapp.

Blegh, although I will say that whatsapp has been improving on the overall bells and whistles of the app... sigggggghhhh yeah seems that BlackBerry has just given up on the OS.

Surprised to hear that apparently MeeGo is still around from another poster... I had the N900 with Maemo and it was really cool. Then they abandoned it... this was not too long before Nokia's demise. All these developers who can pick and choose which mobile OS to support... I rather get a desktop OS on a mobile platform.

If I'm getting abandoned, I would jump to a desktop OS. Even though a dedicated quick access app might not be provided, at least I know I WILL always have access. I'll probably look into open source Ubuntu phones; or maybe the 950XL.

Sad that BlackBerry intends to no longer support us. We're kind of in a Maemo state:--> We love, they don't and don't wanna go forward; we don't mind doing it ourselves, they won't (or can't in this case) give us the source for us to continue on our own....

I guess I'll just have to hold on to my no longer manufactured Z10 until it dies... *sob* *sob*.

Posted via CB10
    That's just the way it is. Coincidentally, I also own a MeeGo device, the Nokia N9! It still works well, although very slow by today's standards. There is a third party Whatsapp client, called Whatsup, that STILL works in the N9!

MeeGo and BB10 are my favourite OSes. I'm typing this on a LG V10, complete with Cobalt's Priv apps.

I do hope to support BlackBerry in future, and hope that they will continue to innovate in their Android apps.

For my Passport, it is still a superb device. Nothing beats email and text input on that thing.

06-24-16 09:57 AM
    Blackberry should give the option to install Android on the Passport
    06-24-16 10:48 AM
    Hi! I started pushing my friends to use BBM. It has video call as well!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 11:06 AM
    Blackberry should give the option to install Android on the Passport
    Yes, that would be best. If BB10 is discontinued, at least our old Passports can still survive on Android.

06-24-16 08:29 PM
    Just look up Whatsapp. It should be there. Another note: I installed Cobalt's Google Play Store and installed Whatsapp from there. Also works, apart from the inability to send pictures and documents. Try that.

Hello I tried the same but it is stuck on 'Looking for backup' which is never there. I tried going 'back' which merely minimizes the app. Any pointers?
    08-19-16 06:34 AM
    BlackBerry hasn't EOL'd BBOS 7.1 yet.

You'll get the same level of commitment from Chenny boy that the BBOS 7.1 users do. I.e. zilch!
    08-19-16 06:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously. BB10 is so damn sexy and well integrated. It's a crying shame that an inferior product like Andriod beat the crap out of it. But isn't this like what is all around us. Phony people, phony lying politicos with their greed which has no end, corporate shills that have no qualms about selling crap and making sure marketing makes it work, heck they even sell phony wars and market it so well, it looks like they are doing us all a favor by taking us to war!!

Quality is NOT the main criteria for products anymore nor is a good character for us mortals. It just sucks
    08-19-16 06:37 AM
    Seriously. BB10 is so damn sexy and well integrated. It's a crying shame that an inferior product like Andriod beat the crap out of it. But isn't this like what is all around us. Phony people, phony lying politicos with their greed which has no end, corporate shills that have no qualms about selling crap and making sure marketing makes it work, heck they even sell phony wars and market it so well, it looks like they are doing us all a favor by taking us to war!!

Quality is NOT the main criteria for products anymore nor is a good character for us mortals. It just sucks
    Go back to sleep Rip Van Winkle.

TgeekB likes this.
    08-21-16 06:43 PM

Umm....sure...
    08-21-16 07:47 PM
88 ... 234