Long time, dedicated BlackBerry diehard and stock holder here. I need to get these gripes off my chest and maybe somebody will listen!

I think to be truly productive (or for me at least... to be as productive as the 9900 once was) the Passport needs the following functionality added:

-allow you to select and scroll through the contents of email folders with the touch-sensitive keyboard, as well as select multiple emails for filing or deletion by holding a designated letter key while scrolling, the way you used to be able to do with Shift
    -bring the cursor up temporarily by holding a designated letter key, release it to hide cursor... would save a lot of time from double tapping, completing your function, and double tapping again
    -when you press i to file an email and a folder is selected, complete the action by pressing enter, rather than having to touch the screen. IF ONLY THIS IS DONE I WILL BE HAPPY
    -add a "send and file original" button beside the send button when composing an email
    -remove the colon on the fourth keyboard row and replace it with a dash
    -bring back the shift and alt keys: press A and Z at same time for alt, L and M at same time for shift (or vice versa)
    -allow you to have multiple instances of the hub open. You shouldn't have to close an email you are reading or composing to deal with something that comes up.
    -speed up the transitions when opening, closing, forward/back within the hub and applications. Bbos was way snappier and it all adds up.
    -improve the email search function. Right now filed emails don't show up when you search for items unless you have "hide filed items" selected, which is a big nuisance
    -make it easier to add shortcuts to the homescreen. You should be able to add a shortcut to a folder you have buried somewhere in Onedrive, for example. Right now you can add shortcuts to files using a third party app, but you cant add shortcuts to folders
    -overhaul docs to go. In particular, the extend formula feature needs to be added to excel to go.
    -the calendar has way too much wasted real estate. How come on a screen this size I cant see all my items? All-day events should not be hidden in week view. BlackBerry needs to add viewing options similar to the Business Calendar app for Android that allow you to actually see a ton of items by using a super small font and not wasting screen space with clutter.
    -get rid of the trackpad-keyboard lag and allow you to configure the sensitivity

Okay that's it for now. Wonder what the community thinks of my ideas.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh, pppro, DocDRM and 1 others like this.
    10-27-14 11:30 PM
    Those would be excellent, great list man!

Shift and alt idea definitely stood out the most to me, and obviously the much needed cursor function, I'm hoping to get that in the 10.3.1 update, as seen with one of the Classic Prototypes!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:42 PM
    Some of these ideas are quite good. I like the use of two keys in place of Alt or Shift.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:54 PM
    A very good list. Personally not very sure about the alt and shift, but other options yes. Absolutely. Doc to go especially!
    10-27-14 11:57 PM
    5 years a member, 7th post

STOP HIDING!

Nice list, concur all (even the ones I haven't experienced - because you're clear, concise and Positive!)

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    10-28-14 01:31 AM
    Amen on the need for fast selection of messages for filing or deletion. Had it in OS7 phones; big, important loss of functionality.
    12-07-14 09:43 PM