09-06-15 06:48 AM
58 123
    Me and my wife both love our Passports. She upgraded from a Q10 and has small hands but is very comfortable with the Passport. So as a note user you should be fine. Neither of us have had any issues posted above on our AT&T Passports.

Biggest tip, since you are coming from Android. It will take you time to get used to the keyboard. Not only physical keys but also the unique three rows. Just give it time and you will be flying in no time.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 01:59 AM
    I am in the UK on O2 but I bought an unlocked passport from Amazon. To be honest I don't know the way updates get released but it seems that BlackBerry is disadvantaged by its lack of scale which is something that we have to endure as users. Don't get me wrong, I am not a 'hater' or someone that treats these companies like I belong in a cult. I look at devices impartially and I do think that the passport is the best device right now. But at the same time the software is not good enough. The double typing for example is just unacceptable, if iOS or android had this issue they would have released a fix within a week or two whereas in our case it's been going on for months now.

Posted via CB10
    I think though you have to take into account the inherent nature of the keyboard itself. All keyboards can be subject to the double typing problems that we here about. I had a Dell laptop keyboard a few years ago that gave me this problem for instance. I am no expert, but from what I understand, there is software written to counteract this problem called "debouncing" as discussed in the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...fixed-1035837/ . You certainly can argue a good case that Blackberry should have fixed this problem with software long ago, but then maybe, someone has just discovered a better algorithm for the fix, who knows. Remember that these forums will reflect the "bad" experiences far more often than the good, so that the problem will seem to be the norm. I have 2 Passports in our household and I know 2 other people that have a Passport and 2 others with Q10's. None of these devices have a double type issue. I am not so sure about your last statement that if Apple or Samsung, for instance, had this particular problem that it would be fixed any sooner simply because it is not a huge problem number-wise. I have no idea how many devices have been affected by this problem, but I do know that ALL keyboards, regardless of manufacturer can exhibit double typing issues. The latest OS update by BB apparently contains the fix or at least partial remedy for the problem.
    Last edited by brookie229; 09-04-15 at 11:29 AM.
    09-04-15 09:03 AM
    Exactly jackfrost! I'm wanting a change. I love Samsung products, but they just aren't offering anything different anymore.
    09-04-15 11:20 AM
    It's on its way Eric
    09-04-15 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the tip draven2666
    09-04-15 11:28 AM
    What is the double typing issue?
    09-04-15 11:28 AM
    Krissie, you type a letter on the keyboard and two of the same show up on the screen. But what do I know - I've never had that problem!

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    09-04-15 11:37 AM
    What is the double typing issue?
    Some people have the issue where you press a key ie "d" and you get "dd", hence double typing. I, personally have never seen this as explained above in one of my posts, but it does happen. It can happen with ANY keyboard, computer, cellphone etc. BB has a fix for this in their latest updated OS by using specialized software to correct hardware debounce, as it is called. It took BB quite a while to come up with this fix as the problem has been reported for a few years in the Q10. I am not sure if this is just a problem that has always been denied by BB or they truly needed this long to develop a software fix. Anyway people who have complained about this have finally got a fix, I think. There is really no figure given for how many devices have been affected, but it is a small number relatively speaking, I believe.
    09-04-15 11:38 AM
    Be patient and wait for the Samsung 'Milky Way' to appear.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:01 PM
    What is that throat_blister? I did a quick search and I'm just getting cases lol
    09-04-15 12:05 PM
    Thanks Brookie229,
    I figured it was something like that but figured id ask to be sure,seems tolerable. I'll take it over restarting my phone anytime I want to use it.
    09-04-15 12:07 PM
    Definitely. I lost my q10 so I had to buy a new one and ended up buying passport silver edition. And holy hell I love this phone. This thing practically stopped me using my laptop. Have to say though that it did some time getting used to but once that you get used to it there's no going back.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 01:55 PM
    Be patient and wait for the Samsung 'Milky Way' to appear.

Posted via CB10
    Be even more patient Iphone 7 is just around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 02:11 PM
    Love mine! Come from an iphone 6+ ! Not regretting my purchase! The phone is different to what People are used to see! Beautiful design! Simple os, strong battery life! Nice Hub! Better android app integration! Love my Passport Silver Edition

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 02:55 PM
    I officially have the passport! I absolutely love it. When we picked it up today another customer wanted to check it out because they have never seen or heard of one. Which is hard to know about when att doesn't even have one on display. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. Thanks so much for all of your time and help.
    SeeBeeEss and brookie229 like this.
    09-04-15 05:28 PM
    You're welcome. Enjoy!

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    krissie5602 likes this.
    09-04-15 05:46 PM
    The Passport is definitely worth getting. I have the SE Passport and it works great. I got mine through ShopBlackberry, which has been a great way to buy a device. I ordered my old Z10 through them too.
    The Passport has worked flawlessly for me.
    krissie5602 likes this.
    09-04-15 05:56 PM
    better than buying a jollipy , haha,people will respect your purchase and you will love it,lol
    09-04-15 05:57 PM
    If you like BB10 and want a premium device then the answer is simple, Yes! It takes a few days to get used to the form factor but once you do, you will love the Passport! Best mobile phone I have ever used and the display is amazing!!

Posted via the amazing Passport
    09-04-15 06:38 PM
    I just bought the Passport from CL. Good deal, too. This was going to be my back-up phone until the iPhone 6s came out. I don't think i'll be getting the iPhone anymore. I love the HUB!!!!! Since I don't game or care too much about apps, this phone is perfect for me. Email and messaging is what's more important to me. If I get another phone, it's going to be another BB. I LOVE THE HUB!!!!!
    09-05-15 12:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:27 AM
    I just got my passport silver edition on Thursday and I'm quite impressed. I'm a phone nerd and have an iPhone 6 and a Note 5 to bounce between. I just love the look and feel of the OS on the passport vs the other two. Blackberry was always my favorite and it's nice to be back on one. If you were a fan in the past, you will enjoy the phone. The app selection isn't great but all I need are banking apps and feedly, which amazon has. The size of the phone is a little weird and that will probably make or break it for me. Need more time with it. I'm 6'5" so I'm able to use my Note 5 one handed for the most part. The passport is definitely two hands only. Reminds me of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, just shorter. The keyboard is also taking adjusting, as the non conventional layout causes me to reach for the wrong keys, but I'm getting much better at it. Won't be an issue anymore next week. Overall I'm extremely disappointed that blackberry lost consumer support with such a great OS. It feels like a true alternative in the smartphone landscape. Would have been interesting to see what else BlackBerry would have come up with.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:47 AM
    You can actually just get the unlocked one directly from BlackBerry, AFAIK it would work on AT&T. And BlackBerry is not going bankrupt, that's a bunch of balogna. That's what all the carriers tell you so you'll switch to Android and iPhone.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    Exactly! BlackBerry has been purchasing companies like crazy lately, to fit into their Enterprise strategy. Just yesterday, Sept 4, 2015, they announced the acquisition of Good Technology for $425 million. Does that sound like a company ready to file bankruptcy?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:54 AM
    If someone asked me if I would purchase the Passport today my answer would be no.

Not because the build quality isn't good enough, not because the screen isn't good enough, not because it's too large to carry but simply because there is a Passport Silver Edition out.

It gives more room on the Chin, which makes typing a lot easier, it's got a new Front Facing Camera and has a really nice new camera design ring and has a grippy backing.

There is nothing wrong with the Original Passport but the Silver Edition just has a lot of improvement

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 12:36 PM
    I wouldn't change my Passport for any other phone in the world. That's how much I like it and I think it's worth having one even a year after launch! Best phone ever made.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    09-05-15 01:31 PM
58 123