The new Moto X Pure looks like a good deal. It works on all carriers in the US, including sprint and verizon. I have my eye on that since I have verizon. I really would like to have the passport, but need to stick to verizon. I wonder why blackberry doesn't so an open sim concept like that. It would totally make sense for their business model.

So far, I had the LG G3, and after 2 months, I went back to my Q10, and am using it all the time. Awesome phone, aside from screen size and some android app rendering issues.

I think this is one of those times to wait it out, and see what's on the horizon. Love BB10 though.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 02:10 PM
    I saw a post at Craigslist that someone was selling a Passport full package for $400. I think it's a better deal even if it's a one-year-old model.

Posted via Classic
    09-05-15 04:02 PM
    I think though you have to take into account the inherent nature of the keyboard itself. All keyboards can be subject to the double typing problems that we here about. I had a Dell laptop keyboard a few years ago that gave me this problem for instance. I am no expert, but from what I understand, there is software written to counteract this problem called "debouncing" as discussed in the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...fixed-1035837/ . You certainly can argue a good case that Blackberry should have fixed this problem with software long ago, but then maybe, someone has just discovered a better algorithm for the fix, who knows. Remember that these forums will reflect the "bad" experiences far more often than the good, so that the problem will seem to be the norm. I have 2 Passports in our household and I know 2 other people that have a Passport and 2 others with Q10's. None of these devices have a double type issue. I am not so sure about your last statement that if Apple or Samsung, for instance, had this particular problem that it would be fixed any sooner simply because it is not a huge problem number-wise. I have no idea how many devices have been affected by this problem, but I do know that ALL keyboards, regardless of manufacturer can exhibit double typing issues. The latest OS update by BB apparently contains the fix or at least partial remedy for the problem.
    Lol debouncing

The more common name for it is anti-ghosting

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-05-15 04:17 PM
    Lol debouncing

The more common name for it is anti-ghosting

I am just repeating the term that I saw in another thread and I don't really pretend to know much about it but I did find the term in Wikpedia as: Debouncing

When striking a keyboard key, the key oscillates (or bounces) against its contacts several times before settling. When released, it oscillates again until it reverts to its rest state. Although it happens on such a small scale as to be invisible to the naked eye, it's sufficient for the computer to register multiple key strokes inadvertently.

To resolve this problem, the processor in a keyboard "debounces" the keystrokes, by aggregating them across time to produce one "confirmed" keystroke that (usually) corresponds to what is typically a solid contact. Early membrane keyboards had limited typing speed because they had to do significant debouncing. This was a noticeable problem on the ZX81.

And Microsoft explains ghosting and anti-ghosting as : https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=9VBmhEVe which does appear to be NOT what we are talking about with the Q10 and Passport double type issue.
    Last edited by brookie229; 09-05-15 at 08:20 PM.
    09-05-15 08:09 PM
    It seems you are correct sir. My apologies. Debouncing just sounds stupid. Lol

09-06-15 01:26 AM
    The phone took me a few days getting use to coming from the 6 and 6 plus, but once I got use to it ill never go back. This phone is an absolute beast in everything it does, literally everything. From typing to Web browsing to opening articles or work related files, amazing.

Posted via Passport SE
    kriksea likes this.
    09-06-15 01:27 AM
    I'm on day 4 with my passport and loving it so far bar a couple apps I can't get working yet but il keep playing, I only got it while waiting for my invite for oneplus 2 but I recon I will keep it for a while

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 03:09 AM
    It seems you are correct sir. My apologies. Debouncing just sounds stupid. Lol

Yeah it does sound goofy, lol--no worries.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 06:48 AM
58 123