Sorry to hear about your sim card tray issue, there seems to be a consistent issue with them since the OS 7 days. I can't tell you how many people I've talked to that have lost devices to this problem.
    My recommendation to all is to very rarely if ever change the sim, do not use a micro sim cut down to nano size, never ever use a sim and an adaptor.
    I live abroad and many of the service outlets can't even deal with the problem and so the phones end up in the bin. If you find one that can actually do the work, get some sort of warranty and carry on, you're lucky..

Posted via CB10
    I don't think OS 7 ever had spring SIM slots

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 11:33 PM
    Similar situation, my receiver speaker rattles so bad when I'm on a phone call I have to turn on loud speaker to hear and understand during phone calls. I called BlackBerry to find out that although my warranty is good I must either have $700 hundred in my checking account for them to send me a replacement or send them my phone to be fixed and it will take 10 days to get it back!

Posted via CB10
    While your situation is not ideal, would you expect any company to send you a brand new device without receiving the old one first and not having some form of collateral if you were a deadbeat and decided to keep both? I can understand your frustration with the wait though.

Most coming to the Passport have had a BlackBerry 10 (or at least some other device) prior so if I had to do it, I'd just send it in and use my Z30 or the couple Z10s the family has from upgrading to the Z30 and Passport. Not directed towards you, but I don't get selling your previous device, even for a few hundred. I'd rather keep it and use as a WiFi device as well as a backup in case something happened with my main device. Just not worth the hassle and would rather have the peace of mind of having an emergency backup device.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:33 AM
    While your situation is not ideal, would you expect any company to send you a brand new device without receiving the old one first and not having some form of collateral if you were a deadbeat and decided to keep both? I can understand your frustration with the wait though.

Most coming to the Passport have had a BlackBerry 10 (or at least some other device) prior so if I had to do it, I'd just send it in and use my Z30 or the couple Z10s the family has from upgrading to the Z30 and Passport. Not directed towards you, but I don't get selling your previous device, even for a few hundred. I'd rather keep it and use as a WiFi device as well as a backup in case something happened with my main device. Just not worth the hassle and would rather have the peace of mind of having an emergency backup device.

Posted via CB10
    Well they do have the option of having the buyer send the phone in and sending him loaner till his gets repaired but that amount of money is abuse just not fair

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 02:05 PM
    I don't think OS 7 ever had spring SIM slots

Posted via CB10
    I toasted a 9381 and a couple of Torches with sim adaptors.. maybe it's me :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 09:19 AM
    I am happy to report that my situation has been resolved favorably. With the assistance from a fellow CB'er I was able to get this cleared up where I was not required to pay the charges they were seeking. Once again the CB network was able to come to the rescue.
    06-24-15 06:16 PM
    Good to hear. My new att version Passport showed up and it has been flawless over a a month now.
    What was weird is that the box was opened and an att sim card had been inserted. Inserted and NOT provisioned. Now can you tell me who the monkey was that did that and how they got lucky and didnt harm my sim tray? Or is damaged and going to show up later? I dont know but you know what, if some monkey opens an item that I responsible for and it breaks in an area that they touched first...well then I would be doing the same thing the OP has done!
    06-24-15 07:52 PM
    One thing for sure, no 'monkey' will do that... unless you put 'banana' inside your device...

I have similar issue before with my Z10 i.e. SIM card not detected. That's unfortunate, I know. But fortunately, it was just only a couple of days when I bought this unit and the issue appeared. Not BlackBerry, but the authorized service centre replaced it with new unit - as it was acknowledged by BlackBerry as factory defect.

You see, the key point in validating our complaints and received immediate replacement is when BlackBerry acknowledged the issue as factory defect and/or design faulty. Other than that, they can always blame the user for misuse...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 11:36 PM
    I have got same problem with you I mean that my bb passport sim card slot 1 leg was damaged,so it cant detect the sim card inserted.I was so disappointed also due to my phone warranty can not cover this kind of problem,even they do not have slot tray spare part in their store to replace.they said due to passport is new product so they do not any slot tray even internationally.
    Many shops told if I can buy that spare part then simply they will replace with very cheap fee.So just tell me any body know where I can buy this nano sim card slot tray ,please .just for information I live Qatar.
    I feel you bro...

I gave white Passport to my sister and unfortunately, she accidentally broke the back top cover when inserting SIM card. 'Till then, I'm still searching and looking for 'white top cover' for Passport.

That's one disadvantage of having a non-popular device. Parts are scarce that even we managed to find one, it will surely be damned expensive than commonly available parts.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 11:41 PM
    Dear All,

I went through a similar situation, one of the sim tray pins broke off when I took the sim card out (it was a proper Nano sim), but Axiom Care (the retailer I purchased it from in the Middle East) deemed it misuse because the sim jacket was bent out of shape. Axiom wanted to replace my motherboard for a cost of $550, pretty much exactly what I paid for the phone in Dubai!

The thing is a Third Party repair company I used to fix a cracked screen bent the sim jacket but it was still working fine for months, until I removed my sim and the pin broke off, but they said it as the device was working fine for months they wont do anything now!

Anyways, Axiom escalated the problem to Blackberry who took a look at the device and still said it was my misuse, I tried arguing and escalating to someone at Axiom but it didn't help. I found another repair company in Dubai (Cel Metro) who were able to repair it for $100, they replaced the sim jacket although it's not perfectly straight when you insert the sim but it seems all is well, for now...
    06-28-15 09:40 AM
    I have the same issue and is a comun problem among passport users, is wel documented all over the web forums , this should be not only a warraty repair but a recall, Furthermore , in my case i blame my carrier for lack of signal coverage, I honestly tought that some how was uncompatable with the network I was using but learn that the issue with the sim card slot it was one that started since the begining of the usage of my unit a litle by litle it became worse till stop work, in the process I dIid many tings to enhance the signal of my carrier at my location thinking that wass the problem. I was a loyal blackberry user, I got all my units unlock from the manufactor because t-mobile did not have the particular models that I wanted , I spend my money in a product that when they need it to respond to honor their terms they came out with this $260.00 to fix when they know their product has a faulty issue, I was so mad but thank god for it, I moved to a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and is fantastic and after the way I was treated by blackberry , I will not buy any of their products, their costumers service sucks!!!! my advice to you is , do not waste your time that company lost their north long time a go and sooner rather than later they will show their lack of apreciation for you as costumer

Jaime
    05-17-16 06:36 AM
    My dear friend, I had the same. Issue and that defect on the passport is well documented all over, in my opinion BB should fix without cost any device with that problem because it is an on going problem with many of devices, in may case the Sim was put once and never remove and the phone gradually presented the none detection I'd Sim issues,I felt the same way, been thru thick and thin defending the brand, I loved my passport but BB appreciation for their loyal costumers is a myth and what it shame, my advice to you is to move on to a brand that will deliver a good product and back their name up with a good service. I got a Samsung s7 edge , with the hard heyboard accessory and is great.

Jaime O Gomez Jr
    05-30-16 04:32 AM
    I ordered the Passport on the day it was released and it arrived shortly. I went on a trip to Hong Kong and China and while on the trip the sim card tray stopped working. It said no sim card detected. I went to local carrier in Hong Kong from which I had gotten the sim card originally and they said it was not the sim card. They even tried one of their employee's sim cards and it still would not work.

Upon returning to the USA I put in my AT&T sim card and it was stuck. I had to keep pressing to get the spring to release. I called Blackberry and the first customer service rep instructed me to put the sim card in backwards. He had me try it a few times that way. I tried to explain to him that it was the wrong way but he would not listen. Then he put me on hold and when he came back he instructed me to put it in correct way. Finally he said the phone would have to be replaced. They gave me option to receive a new one and mail in the old one. i was instructed if the old one was deemed to be defective from me than I would have to pay the repair cost. I had no problem with this since I had not done anything to the phone.

After receiving the phone the RMA department contacts me by email saying I damaged the sim card tray and therefore it would not be repaired under warranty. At that point I was told I would have to pay $260 (U.S.) for the repair. I have been going back and forth with the RMA department and am not getting any results other than pay them the money or return the phone and receive my broken phone back.

SO I AM CALLING ON THE CRACKBERRY NATION for help!. Does anyone know of a direct number where I can talk to some one within BlackBerry that is higher up the command line than the RMA people. The RMA supervisor told me today that he is the highest level I can talk to and that there is no other avenue for me other than pay the fee or accept back the old phone and return the new one. HAS ANYONE else experienced this problem and gotten the same type of response from RMA.

I am not a troll, I am a faithful BB user and a stockholder who has stood with BB all of these years when family and friends have abandoned BB. I have been made fun of for being loyal to BB but the RMA personnel could care less if i was a long time employee or a first time buyer.

I did nothing wrong. I used the phone correctly. I was told by 2 RMA people that they would escalate this but I don't believe they actually did it. I think they are just wanting to get my money. I am retired and I cannot afford to just surrender $260 without having the opportunity to really talking to some one beyond the front line employees. The thing that bothers me more than the money is that I love the Passport and now I am concern about ever buying anything BB again because of the concern that this is the way they will treat you when an issue arises.

So I am hoping someone on CB maybe works for BlackBerry and can help me with this issue or will know of a phone number beyond the public one given by RMA so that I can try to present my case. Because of space, I have not addressed the emails and phone conversations that I have had with all of the RMA employees.

Thank you
    Rod Cable
    05-30-16 06:24 AM
    at this point, it'd be quite easy for you to replace the sim tray yourself. such a simple repair, no? grab one on etradesupply with the correct screwdriver (blackberry changed bit size between og passport devices, so one where you can change the bit would be best).

it's really quite easy, and $260 is absurd.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 09:07 AM
    Calling someone stupid is10 times more stupid than what they did.
    06-16-16 09:56 AM
    After several attempts with Blackberry Support in recognizing the SIM tray issue with my Passport SE is a warranty issue, I am at the end of my patience and tolerance for this situation. I would like to give Blackberry a chance to correct this without loosing me as a customer. Please send me any point of contact that you have to give Blackberry the opportunity to do the right thing.

Much obliged-
    MC
    07-21-16 10:46 PM
    After several attempts with Blackberry Support in recognizing the SIM tray issue with my Passport SE is a warranty issue, I am at the end of my patience and tolerance for this situation. I would like to give Blackberry a chance to correct this without loosing me as a customer. Please send me any point of contact that you have to give Blackberry the opportunity to do the right thing.

Much obliged-
    MC
    Sad that you have to post on CB, and luck being that others here know BlackBerry employees, you can email them and have them call in a favor (essentially) to help you not be charged outrageous prices for repairing defects that should be covered under warranty in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 12:22 AM
    Hello!

I had the same problem, I went too a litle repair store in my city (curitiba brazil) and there was a woman that opened up my passport and reppaired(a lot of repair store didnt want too open the blackberry(they were afraid)), It was a broken sim pin(welded), I had both the component on ebay similar too these:Blackberry Passport Q30 SQW100-1 Nano Sim Card Reader Slot Tray Holder Connector, but she said it was OK and just welded...
    After a couple of months it happened again, and then she used the component i bought ...now its ok.
    I payed 80 reais for the job in brazil, at this underground repair store (25 dollars).
    But all this process was a pain in the ***!
    Go too a underground store with a courageous guy, if doesnt works, just buy an Iphone...(love my bb, but I was quitting becouse all bank software only works on android or IOs)

Cheers
    07-22-16 09:19 AM
    Thank you gemballa81 for posting that information again. I will be using the $5 eBay part and a local repair shop as my backup plan for sure. However, the unnecessary time and aggravation to swap Passports with Blackberry again is really what I am trying to avoid.

If anyone has a point of contact in Blackberry Support interested in retaining customers please send me a PM.

Much obliged-
    MC
    07-22-16 12:38 PM
    I have a backup att PP. It's value increases every day. Makes sense dollars and cents to me. Saves time too.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-22-16 01:10 PM
    Thank you gemballa81 for posting that information again. I will be using the $5 eBay part and a local repair shop as my backup plan for sure. However, the unnecessary time and aggravation to swap Passports with Blackberry again is really what I am trying to avoid.

If anyone has a point of contact in Blackberry Support interested in retaining customers please send me a PM.

Much obliged-
    MC

Here is a link to their corporate contact page.

http://ca.blackberry.com/company/about-us/contact.html

If you want my advice? Write and call them to multiple locations. One thing I find with our society these days is that very few people write letters anymore.

Most corporate social media accounts these days are stocked with low level employees. I have found that in a few instances writing letters can get some better responses from companies these days.

All the best but make your feelings be known!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 05:13 PM
45 12