Hello community, please I need the forum's help.
    I was trying to restore a backup from my BB Classic to my BB Passport Silver Edition using the Blackberry Link App on my Macbook (didn't know if was relevant to mention) but while doing it an error occurred and the phone started to blink red and the screen turned all black.
    I've tried soft reset but didn't work, I've tried using the program to restart but also, didn't work.
    I've read some threads and I know the pattern of the blinking red light is (10111011), but I can't find a way to solve this issue. Please, if anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate. That being said, excuse my english because I'm not a native english speaker.

Thank you,

ZahedyR
    04-01-17 11:47 PM
    Hhmm I want to suggest you using autoloader to reload the os but I see you using mac , anyway have you try reload software using BlackBerry link?
    04-02-17 01:03 AM
    Hello thanks for the response. Yes, I've tried reload the software but it always fails. One time I received this error message: " cannot repair due to error: This operation couldn't be completed (com.rim.SLS error 255.) "
    I don't know how to use autoloader but I've read some threads and I'm already installing Windows by boot camp in my mac, in order to try it.
    04-02-17 01:14 AM
    Calling help @thurask
    04-02-17 01:18 AM
    Yeah, get Windows up and running and try an autoloader. Make sure you remember your BlackBerry ID password.
    04-02-17 01:19 AM
    Thanks @Uzi and @thurask. I have a question, which autoloader should I use? I was running the last version of the OS I think (10.3.3.).
    04-02-17 01:36 AM
    Thanks @Uzi and @thurask. I have a question, which autoloader should I use? I was running the last version of the OS I think (10.3.3.).
    10.3.3.2205, it's the latest. If you were on 10.3.3 then you couldn't load anything older than that anyway.
    04-02-17 01:36 AM
    Oh, I didn't know that. I was just trying to pass my oldest things to the knew phone. I didn't know that there were this type of compatibility issues. But would I be able to use autoloader to restart the phone?
    Thanks again @thurask.
    04-02-17 01:42 AM
    I checked right know, and my BB Classic is currently running the latest version of the OS. So, I don't think it's a compatibility issue. Also, the Passport didn't finish the process.
    04-02-17 01:49 AM
    Hello guys, thanks again for your replies. I was able to reload the OS using the BB Link app, I just needed a Windows PC. I don't know the reason it wouldn't work on a mac. Thanks again @Uzi @thurask and @conite for your availability, and I'm pleased to say that my BB Passport is up and running like a charm.
    04-03-17 08:20 AM