09-17-16 04:37 AM
33 12
tools
    I do not understand BB's ignorance of these mounting issues. Apple and Android release updates pretty regularly and it's almost an act of Congress for BB to bring out a simple update let alone a later release which both Apple and Android have done at least TWICE since the Passport's release I even now have Android apps that have worked fine forever suddenly starting to complain that I need Google Play services so it's looking more and more likely that the ability to install Android apps will also soon be pretty much useless. I don't like Android or IOS, but I am running out of choices when the time comes to replace my Passport. My Apple fangirl wife so much wants me on an iphone and I would rather go back to my Bold 9000.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    09-14-16 04:36 PM
    I do not understand BB's ignorance of these mounting issues. Apple and Android release updates pretty regularly and it's almost an act of Congress for BB to bring out a simple update let alone a later release which both Apple and Android have done at least TWICE since the Passport's release I even now have Android apps that have worked fine forever suddenly starting to complain that I need Google Play services so it's looking more and more likely that the ability to install Android apps will also soon be pretty much useless. I don't like Android or IOS, but I am running out of choices when the time comes to replace my Passport. My Apple fangirl wife so much wants me on an iphone and I would rather go back to my Bold 9000.
    I don't think there is one android app that I use or used that I can't find a BB10 or web alternative. It may not be perfect but I have all I need.

Throw me a couple apps that your missing due to google play services and I may be able to suggest the alternative option. I don't wish iPhone on anyone lol

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 06:26 PM
    I don't think there is one android app that I use or used that I can't find a BB10 or web alternative
    So far, this is exactly my situation also. There will come a day when it probably won't work for me, probably when the stock browser is non-functioning, but I'm good for now. I have also managed to find a few android apps that GPS are not required for and work just as well for me. For instance, I began using WD MyCloud and WD Photos apps from the Google Play Store, but eventually they required services so I looked in the Amazon Store and tried those versions and they are actually better for my use and do not require services. I am also beginning to trust the Aptoide app store which has a vast store of android apps that do NOT require google play services. Admittedly my needs for apps are not great but these solutions along with a few webwork apps and mobile web site shortcuts are working great for me. I have stated in the past that some of these shortcuts have all the functionality that I require. Good examples of these desktop shortcut "apps" include PayPal, CBC, CNN, AirBnb, and Expedia.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-14-16 06:40 PM
    Over the past few months CNN, Amazon Music, Krispy Kreme, Chick Fil A, and I few others I have since deleted now require Google Play services and I know that they did not earlier in the year and obviously most of these are not something that is easily replaced,
    09-14-16 11:58 PM
    Over the past few months CNN, Amazon Music, Krispy Kreme, Chick Fil A, and I few others I have since deleted now require Google Play services and I know that they did not earlier in the year and obviously most of these are not something that is easily replaced,
    Yeah, I just use CNN mobile website and made a desktop shortcut. Works good.
    09-15-16 06:38 AM
    Just do them in mobile dude! Doesn't sound like I'd miss them anyway let alone find them. Amazon music? Ha! StereoTube beat that!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 09:21 PM
    You'll need to do a factory reset.

People refuse to address or acknowledge it, but the playback software can be infected by things as simple as visiting a website or installing certain apps.

And the only way to fix it is to reload OS and stay away from the website or app that infected and corrupt the audio file in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    What this guy's says!

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    09-17-16 04:35 AM
    Bear in mind that can be one cause astheir are many software conflicts that can cause a malfunction!
    09-17-16 04:37 AM
33 12