No....
    Can you elaborate? What's HD Voice if it's not the HD Voice I sometimes get on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-21 11:52 PM
    Can you elaborate? What's HD Voice if it's not the HD Voice I sometimes get on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    It is HD voice, but HD voice is not necessarily bound to LTE, but can also be used in 3g calls. This is my understanding at least.
    Last edited by mikael11; 03-17-21 at 11:57 PM.
    Leather_nun likes this.
    03-17-21 12:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    The same HD Voice icon that I got on AT&T on my AT&T Passport then and the same HD Voice icon that I get on my SE Passport now. It’s something that was built on earlier 3G/4G/LTE protocols of 2011/2012/2013 era and not the later 2014/20152016 VoLTE upgraded era. I’m speaking of all OEMs and not just BlackBerry Limited itself. The GSM and CDMA initial LTE rollouts treated LTE for data only. The HD Voice is from that Data only era and relies on 3G combined with the 4G so it’s not stand-alone. That’s my understanding.
    Leather_nun likes this.
    03-17-21 01:28 PM
    I see it similar to the_boon, there is often the rumor theat the BB10 will stop working. But it is still working and I can imagine that WhatsApp will find a way to run on every modell. The question is: Do we wanna conitinue useing WhatsApp? I try to change to more safe apps, but faild everytime, because everybody is useing it...
    03-17-21 01:56 PM
    I see it similar to the_boon, there is often the rumor theat the BB10 will stop working. But it is still working and I can imagine that WhatsApp will find a way to run on every modell. The question is: Do we wanna conitinue useing WhatsApp? I try to change to more safe apps, but faild everytime, because everybody is useing it...
    Yeah the key to messengers is what are others using, and can you get them to convert.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year... BlackBerry keeps all the Servers up and running for BB10 and nothing changes.
    Leather_nun likes this.
    03-24-21 09:11 AM
    I see it similar to the_boon, there is often the rumor theat the BB10 will stop working. But it is still working and I can imagine that WhatsApp will find a way to run on every model
    This assumes that Whatsapp cares about being able to run on BB10. It doesn't. Whatsapp was recently discontinued even for some older iphones (4 or 4s).
    The sentence reads correctly :You (or other BB10 users) will find a way to run WA on BB10 OS.
    03-24-21 09:22 AM
    I am assuming the value of Blackberry phones will drop as 2022 approaches, so I sold my Passport SE, my Classic and my Q10. I still have the Z10, Z30, and the Leap. Will be selling those soon. All are great phone and will be missed.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-29-21 09:17 PM
    Yeah the key to messengers is what are others using, and can you get them to convert.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year... BlackBerry keeps all the Servers up and running for BB10 and nothing changes.
    We could hope, but... the GOOD news is, even though TMO said a Passport "won't work" (or the IMEI checker did, a few months back) my PP still pulling 3-4 bars (when I have it turned on) voice calls working just fine. Suspect as a 'clause' in the Sprint Merger (and I've read, like security systems etc, are needing 3g - who knows) the "sundown" got pushed back.

The question moving forward - I'm absolutely keeping the Passport. The battery only 2 years old, scarcely ever used. Even without VoLTE (voice calls) could be used 'Data Only' I'm sure WiFi would still work - my main goal, I REALLY like the Camera, everything about it etc....

I read someplace on here when BB shuts off "Blackberry Services" my Passport will "LOCK DOWN" - but someone gave instructions how to prevent that...

When I find a new device, where are the instructions how to REMOVE my "Blackberry Account"?

From what I read (months ago) it went something like - do a 'Factory Reset' and somehow skip the Blackberry Account part when it Resets. And that absent the BB account (which I never used anyways) the Passport will work as long it's battery lives...

But sadly, I can no longer find those instructions (might have been more than 1 post) If there's a LINK (so I can print on paper, make notes) I'd be incredibly grateful.

Thank you in Advance
    LN

PS - on "Messengers" TELEGRAM (it's on F-Droid) it's very thrifty - unlike most not-native BB Apps (*.apk) it's very thrifty, does NOT drain battery and it's tight as Fort Knox (sends pictures, videos, groups and voice ... I don't do all that, but Telegram can)
    04-13-21 05:43 PM
    We could hope, but... the GOOD news is, even though TMO said a Passport "won't work" (or the IMEI checker did, a few months back) my PP still pulling 3-4 bars (when I have it turned on) voice calls working just fine. Suspect as a 'clause' in the Sprint Merger (and I've read, like security systems etc, are needing 3g - who knows) the "sundown" got pushed back.

The question moving forward - I'm absolutely keeping the Passport. The battery only 2 years old, scarcely ever used. Even without VoLTE (voice calls) could be used 'Data Only' I'm sure WiFi would still work - my main goal, I REALLY like the Camera, everything about it etc....

I read someplace on here when BB shuts off "Blackberry Services" my Passport will "LOCK DOWN" - but someone gave instructions how to prevent that...

When I find a new device, where are the instructions how to REMOVE my "Blackberry Account"?

From what I read (months ago) it went something like - do a 'Factory Reset' and somehow skip the Blackberry Account part when it Resets. And that absent the BB account (which I never used anyways) the Passport will work as long it's battery lives...

But sadly, I can no longer find those instructions (might have been more than 1 post) If there's a LINK (so I can print on paper, make notes) I'd be incredibly grateful.

Thank you in Advance
    LN

PS - on "Messengers" TELEGRAM (it's on F-Droid) it's very thrifty - unlike most not-native BB Apps (*.apk) it's very thrifty, does NOT drain battery and it's tight as Fort Knox (sends pictures, videos, groups and voice ... I don't do all that, but Telegram can)
    You just wipe the phone or use an autoloader and skip the BBID sign in (part of BBW and BBM)....

Problem is if activation servers are part of this.... you'll have to do it before the shutdown. And if the phone ever crashes and needs to have the OS reload... you won't be able to active it. But we don't know if activation servers are part of the shutdown - if it's everything or maybe even nothing.
    04-14-21 07:32 AM
34 12