NOT IMPRESSED!!!!
    So I purchased 2 packs of the oem screen protectors at the time I bought my PP around launch time. Fast forward to today, I needed to change my screen protector as it started to lift. So theres a 1 film and then the 2 film goes on screen. Ive gone thru all of 4 of my screen protectors and when u peel off the 2 blue tab, theres a lot of adhesive that remains and really difficult to remove.

For me this is a dud. As you try to peel off the blue tab, requires force and again causes that corner to lift.
    02-14-15 06:35 AM
    The only screen protector I've ever been satisfied with is ghost armor.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh and denicoespadilla like this.
    02-14-15 06:52 AM
    My favorite on my Z10 was Spigen Steinheil Ultra-Clear. They became unavailable so I tried Clarivue Ultra-Clear but also ordered an XT Glass. I really liked the Clarivue Ultra-Clear, until I tried the XT Glass. The XT Glass if awesome and installed much easier than any other screen protector I have tried.

The Clarivue XT Glass is currently on my Z10 and that's what I would order for pp. But.......... Clarivue is apparently not making XT Glass for PP at this point.

I will be going back to the Clarivue Ultra-Clear for pp. (looks like you have to order from their website, I cannot find on amazon, etc.)

I may also try the Seidio XT Glass that just showed up here at shopcrackberry.
    02-14-15 07:57 AM
    I've had great luck with the OEM screen protectors... never had your issue... I also like how you hardly know they are on there compared to the cheapies....

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:18 AM
    The only issue I had with the Passport OEM screen protector is that it's slightly too big (so it can't adhere to the tapering side and top edges). I manually trimmed it a bit and it's been working fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:26 AM
    OEM protector sucks...

It's too big for the screen and lifts at the edge.

Not to mention that is feels like crap compared to a tempered glass protector.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:49 AM
    NOT IMPRESSED!!!!
    So I purchased 2 packs of the oem screen protectors at the time I bought my PP around launch time. Fast forward to today, I needed to change my screen protector as it started to lift. So theres a 1 film and then the 2 film goes on screen. Ive gone thru all of 4 of my screen protectors and when u peel off the 2 blue tab, theres a lot of adhesive that remains and really difficult to remove.

For me this is a dud. As you try to peel off the blue tab, requires force and again causes that corner to lift.
    Hi. Is this the one that comes with the BlackBerry hard shell case?

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-14-15 07:04 PM
    Sorry to hear that they all got wasted,

Ghost armour all the way as well for me, never had a problem with ghost armour
    02-14-15 07:09 PM
    Hi. Is this the one that comes with the BlackBerry hard shell case?

The original one that came with the hard shell was awesomely fine! Just the oem packs I bought separately were a dud. The adhesive on the #2 blue peel is stuck on so firmly it takes force to remove causing a peeling of the corner then afterwards you are also left with a sticky adhesive spot along side the damage caused by trying to peel the blue strip off.

I'm not impressed, and all 4 from the two packs did this!

Posted via CB10
    mbamd likes this.
    02-14-15 09:35 PM
    Mine worked fine and fits perfectly.

I've never used a glass protector, but hear good things about them.

OEM protector sucks...

It's too big for the screen and lifts at the edge.

Not to mention that is feels like crap compared to a tempered glass protector.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:41 PM
    I'll chime in on the screen protectors as I have used different brands from the Z10 to Z30 to Passport, etc. I'm not a fan of tempered glass although I've never used one. A friend has one on his S5 and loves it. All of my screen protectors have been MATTE screen protectors. They are awesome as they eliminate smudges and fingerprints.

They don't dim the screen much as it's not at all like a privacy screen protector, but there is a huge difference when my Passport is next to my friends S5 with tempered glass. I've actually received compliments about the screen when it was off as there are no smudges on it lol. As for the Passport, when it was initially launched, Mr. Shields was the only brand to have different protectors readily available.

I've used the OEM which did nothing for me. Ordered the matte Mr. Shields and was pleasantly surprised at the quality, ease of use, and fit. It is on perfect at the moment and no lift at all. Pretty much an exact fit to avoid the downward curvature. I've also tried Sojitek as that brand is supposedly a quality brand and ended up right back with the Mr. Shields matte protector.

As for the tempered glass, I just don't need all of that protection, none seem to have a good fit without compromise, and while it will protect from drops for those that need it I just can't stand having my devices having fingerprints and crap all over the screen. As I said though, for some the tempered glass is a precaution as the regular screen protectors are really meant to just keep off micro scratches and not really made for drops.
    If I had to recommend a tempered glass for the Passport it would be the Sojitek as it is smaller than the others and fits without any lift or space for dirt/dust to get in with the way the Passport's screen is.

I actually removed my Verizon Z30 matte protector after a while and it was filled with scratches before giving to my sister and the actual screen was in perfect condition. Of course she had me put on a mirror screen protector lol; was neat, tried one on the Z10, but too difficult to see outside with the mirror protector. Anyway, that's my rant and I think most would be surprised how perfect the Mr. Shields fits on the Passport whether one goes for the matte protector or another. As for the other BB10s, different brands were better. Just my thoughts!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 12:00 AM
    I'll chime in on the screen protectors as I have used different brands from the Z10 to Z30 to Passport, etc. I'm not a fan of tempered glass although I've never used one. A friend has one on his S5 and loves it. All of my screen protectors have been MATTE screen protectors. They are awesome as they eliminate smudges and fingerprints.

They don't dim the screen much as it's not at all like a privacy screen protector, but there is a huge difference when my Passport is next to my friends S5 with tempered glass. I've actually received compliments about the screen when it was off as there are no smudges on it lol. As for the Passport, when it was initially launched, Mr. Shields was the only brand to have different protectors readily available.

I've used the OEM which did nothing for me. Ordered the matte Mr. Shields and was pleasantly surprised at the quality, ease of use, and fit. It is on perfect at the moment and no lift at all. Pretty much an exact fit to avoid the downward curvature. I've also tried Sojitek as that brand is supposedly a quality brand and ended up right back with the Mr. Shields matte protector.

As for the tempered glass, I just don't need all of that protection, none seem to have a good fit without compromise, and while it will protect from drops for those that need it I just can't stand having my devices having fingerprints and crap all over the screen. As I said though, for some the tempered glass is a precaution as the regular screen protectors are really meant to just keep off micro scratches and not really made for drops.
    If I had to recommend a tempered glass for the Passport it would be the Sojitek as it is smaller than the others and fits without any lift or space for dirt/dust to get in with the way the Passport's screen is.

I actually removed my Verizon Z30 matte protector after a while and it was filled with scratches before giving to my sister and the actual screen was in perfect condition. Of course she had me put on a mirror screen protector lol; was neat, tried one on the Z10, but too difficult to see outside with the mirror protector. Anyway, that's my rant and I think most would be surprised how perfect the Mr. Shields fits on the Passport whether one goes for the matte protector or another. As for the other BB10s, different brands were better. Just my thoughts!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you RLTurn77 for sharing your experience!

I myself is still looking for a decent screen protector that will protect the original screen from scratches and smudges, and just replace it whenever needed. I'm not really looking for a glass type.

Because of you, I'm now highly considering Mr. Shields for my Passport.
    How much is it and where did you get it??
    How about the Ghost Armor? Do you have an experience with it?

02-16-15 12:32 AM
    Thank you RLTurn77 for sharing your experience!

I myself is still looking for a decent screen protector that will protect the original screen from scratches and smudges, and just replace it whenever needed. I'm not really looking for a glass type.

Because of you, I'm now highly considering Mr. Shields for my Passport.
    How much is it and where did you get it??
    How about the Ghost Armor? Do you have an experience with it?

The Mr. Shields protectors are around $5 for a 3-pack and they include a cloth wipe, doublesided tape to help put the protector on... I've never had much of an issue with getting protectors on bubble free, but when I first got the Passport I took off the screen protection and immediately put on the OEM, then went to the Mr. Shields (as I said I really prefer the matte), figured I'd try Sojitek and surprisingly ended up back with Mr. Shields. I have not used ghost armor, did try tech armor (think that was the brand) which covers not just the screen but the back, etc. Was not a fan of that either.

Guess it's a personal preference, but I prefer just a nice fitting matte protector for the screen to protect from marring and other minor scratches which can be replaced easily if needed with another. Ghost Armor had a bunch of reviews in one of the threads on here. A search might help.

I've been through many brands with different devices and the Mr. Shields really couldn't fit any better (at least for the Passport). The Passport is a bit tricky with screen protectors as the screen curves down so the size is important. If there is extra space any dust or dirt could lodge between and cause scratching.

As I wrote, the only reason for getting the Mr. Shields originally was because of lack of availability from the more known brands when the Passport launched. Couldn't be happier with it though... does exactly what I wanted and is only a few bucks on Amazon.

I'm not much into the tempered glass protectors either as they don't really fit my needs and not looking for that protection. I like my devices clean, naked, and with a nice matte protector for the screen.

Posted via CB10
    mbamd likes this.
    02-16-15 05:39 PM
    Well after hearing all of the user experiences I'm going back to tried and true ishieldz! Easy to apply and comes with a full lifetime replacement guarantee!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:35 PM
    Well after hearing all of the user experiences I'm going back to tried and true ishieldz! Easy to apply and comes with a full lifetime replacement guarantee!

Posted via CB10
    That is actually what I have on the Z10. Perfect and nice quality, fits great, matte finish is great (personal preference). Not sure about their Passport protector though. Haven't tried it since the protector I have on now is still perfect with no scratches and perfect fit. Hopefully that works well with the Passport screen! It's a good brand... def the best for the Z10. (excluding those that prefer tempered glass)

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 02:53 AM
    OM frikkin G!!! I swear sometimes I swear I have blonde roots! Ok so the blue tab is a separate film you need to peel off. I thought you had to peel off the tab and then there was your screen protector.

Upon close examination I realized the blue tab was for an extra top film that protects the films top side.

Posted via CB10
    the brother likes this.
    02-17-15 05:30 AM
    OM frikkin G!!! I swear sometimes I swear I have blonde roots! Ok so the blue tab is a separate film you need to peel off. I thought you had to peel off the tab and then there was your screen protector.

Upon close examination I realized the blue tab was for an extra top film that protects the films top side.

Posted via CB10
    So you like it now?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 08:03 AM
    So you like it now?

Posted via CB10
    I mean yeah its crystal clear and looks awesome on!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 12:53 PM
    I mean yeah its crystal clear and looks awesome on!

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad you like it! I'm just putting mine on now. I bought the 2 pack OEM ones.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 12:57 PM
    LMAO....so can you change the thread heading or have it closed?!?!
    02-17-15 03:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    lol. Screen protectors have been this way for a while. Hold face down, remove bottom layer, on device, remove top layer. My issue was more to do with the matte finish rather than OEM fit. And after a few aftermarket matte protectors settled with Mr. Shields.

While the OEM is clear and works well... hell, I used it until I was able to get a perfect fit matte protector... the OEM is too smudge and fingerprint prone for me. I've received compliments from the device to the "BlackBerry" screen from many when in reality it is just the matte protector keeping away smudges, etc.

Glad you figured it out and are happy with it. Have matte protectors on the Z10, Z30, and Passport. Personal preference though. Glad you figured it out lol. The OEM is fine for a clear protector to prevent micro-marring/scratches.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:22 AM
    MOD please close....OEM screen protectors are awesome!
    02-18-15 05:30 AM
    MOD please close....OEM screen protectors are awesome!
    I think they are waiting for you to say you are sorry..... lol
    02-18-15 09:48 PM
    Ok I'm sorry!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:37 PM
    Ok I'm sorry!

Posted via CB10
    I guess that wasn't it..... do you feel better now though? Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:59 AM
28 12