Sadly, I damaged my Passport SE while using a foam cleaner in construction. The SIM card quit working so no voice or text on the phone. WiFi still works! However, I can't work that way. Fortunately I back up regularly and have a backup from Sept 19th. So, I retrieved a like new RED Passport that my son had used in the past and I want to restore my PPSE backup to my RED PP. I did a security wipe of the RED PP and went through the process, but for some reason I'm missing a step or using a wrong ID or something. I can't get my backup data from the SE to the RED Passport. If anyone can provide some assistance, I would be very appreciative. Thanks.
    10-12-17 09:47 PM
    Did you use the same BBID on both?

Is the RED PP on same version of BB10 as the SE was?

Did you use the Device Switch option?
    10-13-17 01:46 PM
    Thanks for looking at it. I wiped the RED and attempted to make the BBID the same, but it wouldn't let me. It went through the initial screens of language, etc to the point of putting in an ID and when I put it in, it wouldn't let me proceed to the next step. I think that may be my problem. Other than doing a security wipe, is there a different method of changing the ID on the RED to match the ID on the SE so that the backup I Have on my computer will be allowed to go onto the RED?

Yes, they are both 10.3.3.1435.

I read about the switch device option and I may have misunderstood, but I didn't think that method would fully restore everything that I had saved in my last backup. Am I wrong?
    10-13-17 03:01 PM
    Thanks for looking at it. I wiped the RED and attempted to make the BBID the same, but it wouldn't let me. It went through the initial screens of language, etc to the point of putting in an ID and when I put it in, it wouldn't let me proceed to the next step. I think that may be my problem. Other than doing a security wipe, is there a different method of changing the ID on the RED to match the ID on the SE so that the backup I Have on my computer will be allowed to go onto the RED?

Yes, they are both 10.3.3.1435.

I read about the switch device option and I may have misunderstood, but I didn't think that method would fully restore everything that I had saved in my last backup. Am I wrong?
    10-13-17 03:01 PM