I love my Passport so much I hope it never stops working. Actually thinking of buying a backup on Amazon. New in box, unlocked for $197. Bought my now 3 year old Passport from BB unlocked. Model SQW100-1.

I'm not a gamer, or social media person. I use it for personal business and infrequent travel inside my US.

My battery is still great but I don't keep WiFi, location or data on all the time. Just when I need it. All the apps I have are all I need for what I do. Just wish I could rid my phone of all those Amazon apps!

So are there any reasons I should not buy a back-up Passport? Also, is there a safe way to get rid of those Amazon apps. I never use them so I combined them all in a folder just to keep out of sight. FYI, I am T-Mobile and I am in the US.

Any and all comments and/or suggestions appreciated.
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-02-18 08:57 AM
    Well, basically, almost everything on BB10 relying on connections to external servers will fall apart in the next few years. Not a question of if, but when. BB10 is dying fast. Even BlackBerry World is getting shut down on 12/31/2019, and I'd think your Passport would outlast that date. You'd be better off trying out a KEYone.
    EndRacism likes this.
    01-02-18 09:34 PM
    I love my Passport so much I hope it never stops working. Actually thinking of buying a backup on Amazon. New in box, unlocked for $197. Bought my now 3 year old Passport from BB unlocked. Model SQW100-1.

I'm not a gamer, or social media person. I use it for personal business and infrequent travel inside my US.

My battery is still great but I don't keep WiFi, location or data on all the time. Just when I need it. All the apps I have are all I need for what I do. Just wish I could rid my phone of all those Amazon apps!

So are there any reasons I should not buy a back-up Passport? Also, is there a safe way to get rid of those Amazon apps. I never use them so I combined them all in a folder just to keep out of sight. FYI, I am T-Mobile and I am in the US.

Any and all comments and/or suggestions appreciated.
    The Passport SE is awesome. I love BB10!
    01-03-18 03:07 AM
    Thanks! Hate to hear that about BB10 and Blackberry world.
    01-03-18 06:34 AM
    So are there any reasons I should not buy a back-up Passport?
    Blackberry World and associated services are being shut down at the end of next year. It is unknown if this includes BBID, but if it does, that will cause major headaches for you in activating and using the device post-2019. If you think your current Passport will last the next two years, don't waste your money on a backup.
    01-03-18 09:16 AM
    As others have said, don't bother.

If post 2019 yours is still working and you like it, I'm sure you'll be able to pick up second hand units for little more than shipping costs.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-18 01:50 PM
    BB10 is dying now. But I am still using it as my main device. .I really love my Passport SE, the best device that I ever had with premium built quality, robust material, very smooth OS, and great design.
    Blackberry knew how to make a premium product with some advantages inside. But they lose their opportunities on the game, and have been kicked out by Android and iOS.

Posted via CB10 using awesome  Passport SE
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-04-18 09:01 AM