I have phones on all platforms except WP. On my iPhone 5S, if I use Siri and say: "show me images of Terrace, British Columbia", the results are instantaneous, and clicking on the pictures one by one shows them in very high resolution, with no resizing necessary.

I tried the same thing on my Passport yesterday using BB Assistant. The results didn't appear anywhere near as quickly, but when they did, they seemed to be the same as on the iPhone. However, when clicking on one of the images, it opens full-screen but is very blurry and doesn't refresh as some images do (in my experience). Tapping on the "View full size" option then opens the image in very high resolution but in miniature in the top left-hand corner of the screen, almost unusable until pinching and zooming.

Is this a software issue, i.e. do you think I can expect this to change based on BB10 updates (I'm on stock 10.3 right now)? With the slower speed and more step-intensive requirements, I don't know how useful BB Assistant will be in the meantime. Is there something that can be done now (a setting, perhaps?) to make the images clearer upon first opening? Thanks.
    12-09-14 12:14 PM
    Try changing your default search engine from Bing to Google. Bing is slow and will initially show a "preview" image of a lower quality first. Haven't noticed a similar issue using Google.
    12-09-14 12:28 PM
    Default already set to Google. Could someone try the same search for me? Thanks.
    12-09-14 01:00 PM
    Try changing your default search engine from Bing to Google. Bing is slow and will initially show a "preview" image of a lower quality first. Haven't noticed a similar issue using Google.
    This is an interesting solution.
    I've noticed a similar issue while uploading my BBM display picture. I first noticed this after updating to the newest BBM.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-09-14 01:02 PM
    Here are the 3 images, in order (search was "show me images of Toronto, Ontario" and I chose the first one from the Google search results).
    1. After tapping on image from search results:
    BB Assistant on Passport: Image Issue-img_20141209_155939.jpg
    2. After tapping on photo, to bring up the menu:
    BB Assistant on Passport: Image Issue-img_20141209_155949.jpg
    3. After tapping "Full-sized image" (clear picture finally):
    BB Assistant on Passport: Image Issue-img_20141209_155955.jpg
    12-09-14 03:06 PM
    I'm using Google and I've been experiencing the same problem since I received my Passport at launch. Pain in the arse.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:12 PM
    Hmm... might be a setting in the browser? Does the same happen if you simply open the browser and do the exact same google search manually? I think it's a data saving measure... the same thing actually happens on my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 10:22 PM
    I'm typing on a Z30 and seem to remember in the settings the option turned on for "automatically resize images" or something like that under network, mobile network... not sure if that setting has anything to do with it. It's clearly meant to save data as all of our plans are different. Just an idea???

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 10:33 PM