Yea man.. removing the fourth row is like re-inventing the wheel! I like your design though!
    Exactly. Hate them removing the alt key and the symbols&numbers.
    07-08-14 11:08 PM
    I actually did have interest in reading this thread, and I did. But after seeing it's you, yet again, with the same gripe about the keyboard; I then chose not to read past the first page. I never pointed anything out other than the fact that there's not much point in trying to argue your view point or your questions. Like I've said before, unless Chen himself or a BlackBerry employee chooses to come on here to clear things up(doubt it), your questions will not be answered.
    This thread will be endless with argument/speculation/opinion until September.

Posted via my STILL NEW Zed30
    What speculation is there about there needing virtual keys in order to input numbers and symbols? That's pretty much been confirmed, but alright. If you want to keep on pretending this is all still speculation then fine. Stop reading this thread. See ya! :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-08-14 11:31 PM
    Moreover, I don't think any smartphone is an ideal choice for producing and editing spreadsheets.
    That's what I am thinking. A friend of mine had an Android phone and would wait until he got home from work to update his work spreadsheet with just a bit of data. Using his PC. I explained to him he could actually do that on the job site with his phone. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. Said "I don't want to do that kind of thing on a phone". Lol.
    07-08-14 11:39 PM
    What speculation is there about there needing virtual keys in order to input numbers and symbols? That's pretty much been confirmed, but alright. If you want to keep on pretending this is all still speculation then fine. Stop reading this thread. See ya! :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Well I never said speculation on specifically what. But alright slagman
    Enjoy

07-08-14 11:57 PM
    If I were just viewing spreadsheets then I can see the benefit of the Passport's screen. But I prefer to interact with spreadsheets on a desktop or laptop computer.

Also, viewing a spreadsheet on a 16:9 phone in landscape mode isn't too bad.
    Posted from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk
    07-09-14 12:04 AM
    If I were just viewing spreadsheets then I can see the benefit of the Passport's screen. But I prefer to interact with spreadsheets on a desktop or laptop computer.

Also, viewing a spreadsheet on a 16:9 phone in landscape mode isn't too bad.
    I agree. I'd be more impressed if BlackBerry released an app that could better view and edit spreadsheets on mobile. Docs to Go is just Excel on a smaller screen. The whole spreadsheet navigation has to be re imagined for mobile.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-09-14 12:22 AM
    Well I never said speculation on specifically what. But alright slagman
    Enjoy

Um, that's pretty much all I'm talking about... LOL, but ok, I guess whatever else there is to speculate about, um... yah, ok. o.0
    07-09-14 12:27 AM
    Seems like a bunch of whiny speculation about something that you know very little. That would flash a moment. I don't get you're gripe because we haven't got to touch it and find out so why knock it so? I believe there's a chance the user experience is wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 01:52 AM
    That's what I am thinking. A friend of mine had an Android phone and would wait until he got home from work to update his work spreadsheet with just a bit of data. Using his PC. I explained to him he could actually do that on the job site with his phone. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. Said "I don't want to do that kind of thing on a phone". Lol.
    Not funny Really this is what makes a Consumer vs a Prosumer/creator: one consumes the data the other both consumes/shares and creates/interacts with the data.

The tides will soon change when we reach the peak of data input being rapid and efficient, fine tuned apps with best tools for editing in software all culminate to a peak.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-09-14 01:57 AM
    Seems like a bunch of whiny speculation about something that you know very little. That would flash a moment. I don't get you're gripe because we haven't got to touch it and find out so why knock it so? I believe there's a chance the user experience is wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    *sigh* too tired and lazy to repeat myself to yet someone else who didn't properly read and comprehend the original post...
    07-09-14 02:54 AM
    Incredible. This thread is now 6 pages and so many people here still can't rap their heads around the fact that a fully featured and full functional hardware QWERTY keyboard would trounce the crippled QWERTY keyboard that the Passport was announced with.

This discussion was over from the get go. The OP is 100% correct in asserting that a proper hardware QWERTY keyboard would give the user an overall better experience without sacrificing screen real-estate in every way other than extended symbols input.

Wake up, open your eyes. You don't have to use the Passport to know it has a crippled hardware keyboard; BlackBerry themselves is showing you as much already.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 03:21 AM
    It's even more incredible that, six pages later, you still haven't figured out that quite a sizeable chunk of people don't see the keyboard as 'crippled', or are at least waiting to try it before making up their minds.
    07-09-14 04:25 AM
    It's even more incredible that, six pages later, you still haven't figured out that quite a sizeable chunk of people don't see the keyboard as 'crippled', or are at least waiting to try it before making up their minds.
    Whether they see it as crippled or not doesn't change the fact that it is.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:16 AM
    Opinion, not fact. My word is bold and underlined, so it must beat yours.
    07-09-14 05:26 AM
    FACT, because it has less keys and slow down the peace, comparing with a full qwerty with gestures.

My word is bold, underlined, all caps, italic, highlighted and size 7. I win!
    nah.uhh likes this.
    07-09-14 05:35 AM
    You're obviously not a hardware QWERTY user; otherwise you'd know better.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:35 AM
    I use a Q10 every day. Different does not mean crippled. I'm actually undecided about which method I prefer, and I can certainly see exactly what you're saying, but ultimately, as long as you can input the same symbols in one way or another, then the utility of the difference is subjective and arbitrary. Many people find the Alt, Sym, and multiple prints on a key awkward and confusing.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    07-09-14 05:44 AM
    Incredible. This thread is now 6 pages and so many people here still can't rap their heads around the fact that a fully featured and full functional hardware QWERTY keyboard would trounce the crippled QWERTY keyboard that the Passport was announced with.

This discussion was over from the get go. The OP is 100% correct in asserting that a proper hardware QWERTY keyboard would give the user an overall better experience without sacrificing screen real-estate in every way other than extended symbols input.

Wake up, open your eyes. You don't have to use the Passport to know it has a crippled hardware keyboard; BlackBerry themselves is showing you as much already.

Posted via CB10
    This is so incorrect. This is what I disagree about. How do any of you know that, how can you make that assumption? Have you used the phone? NO. I understand slagman's point. It's valid and I have nothing against it other than the fact that he's saying that his idea would be better then what they've done, and that he doesn't get why they have only three rows. Noone knows why, BlackBerry does.

07-09-14 06:05 AM
    Opinions can be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 06:08 AM
    Opinions can be wrong.
    My point exactly! Many of the people on here who don't like the Passport keyboard seem to think that their view is the only correct one, and that those of us who are either undecided, don't care either way, or (heaven forbid) even like the new design must be delusional fanbois or non-QWERTY users. It's what is known as the 'no true Scotsman' logical fallacy.
    Banco likes this.
    07-09-14 06:16 AM
    I use a Q10 every day. Different does not mean crippled.
    Exactly, but crippled means crippled.
    You have less, you cannot deny this. Can you?
    You cannot type without touching the screen.*
    Can you deny this?
    Many people find the Alt, Sym, and multiple prints on a key awkward and confusing.
    Who says that?
    I never heard that, because even virtual keyboard have shift and ALT keys. And computer keyboard have those keys too.

*and without using techniques that slow down the pace, like holding a key for capital letter.
    07-09-14 06:28 AM
    You cannot type without touching the screen.
    Can you deny this?
    Who says that?
    I never heard that, because even virtual keyboard have shift and ALT keys. And computer keyboard have those keys too.
    You can't dial a phone number without touching the screen wth..
    The screen is huge, 2 handed phone calls now?
    07-09-14 06:30 AM
    Only if you are dialing continuously throughout the call. I don't think you'll find any disagreement that this is definitely a two-handed device. It is for people who want the extra screen area and keyboard size, up to the limits of pocketability. If you want smaller, buy a Classic. The same goes for those frothing at the mouth about the keyboard.
    07-09-14 06:34 AM
    Only if you are dialing continuously throughout the call. I don't think you'll find any disagreement that this is definitely a two-handed device. It is for people who want the extra screen area and keyboard size, up to the limits of pocketability. If you want smaller, buy a Classic. The same goes for those frothing at the mouth about the keyboard.
    Ignore that. Answer to my questions:

You cannot type without touching the screen.*
    Can you deny this?

Who says that?

*and without using techniques that slow down the pace, like holding a key for capital letter.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    07-09-14 06:39 AM
    You can't dial a phone number without touching the screen wth..
    Phablets are two handed devices.... have seen some that say the Z30 is too big for one handed use.

I for one really want to see a Passport and play with it for a while....
    07-09-14 07:19 AM
226 ... 34567 ...