It's morning in America and I wish I was back in Canada, (post election hangover lol)..

Anyway I am ordering a Blackberry OG today from Amazon and it will arrive tomorrow. I was an early adopter of the device back in the day when it first debuted and I am afraid that I just didn't appreciate it enough. I would now like my new Passport to be my daily driver and just wanted to ask the faithful if the current version of the OS, 10.3.1 is ok to work with when it comes to loading up Google Services, the Play store and the like. I am not an app hound by any stretch, (you're looking at a guy that owns a 16GB iPhone 6S Plus and I have yet to run out of space), however some core apps or the ability to get them fully functional on my Passport is important.

I know I should hook up with SNAP and check out Cobalt's landing page however I just wanted to touch base on the whole 'getting Google stuff to work' thing. I understand that you don't necessarily have to sideload apk's with BB 10.3.1 but that's always still available to do? Bottom line does BB10.3.1 make loading up Google services and a few key apps a 'SNAP' or do I have to worry about rolling back to previous versions of Blackberry's beloved OS?

THANKS to the community in advance.

Signed...happy BB guy.
    11-21-16 09:04 AM
    Yeah you should be good to load Cobalt's on you Passport. First page of his thread states 10.3 or better.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 09:18 AM
    THANKS Bud!
    11-21-16 10:52 AM
    Yeah you should be good to load Cobalt's on you Passport. First page of his thread states 10.3 or better.

Posted via CB10
    Sir, can you provide us the link to Cobalt's? Or the forum link, please?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 11:04 AM