I notice a usage of about 10% of battery while the Passport quietly sleeps in night mode. It consists mainly of system and standby usage. Is this normal BB usage while doing nothing?
    What does your BBPP consume at night (while not being charged)?
    12-05-14 01:15 AM
    It's switched off.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 03:55 AM
    BlackBerry is on wall charger when I'm sleeping. I don't know what would be normal, if that is what you are looking for, bbut I wouldn't be surprised if batter went down by 10% overnight.
    12-06-14 05:15 AM
    I also notice an 'usage' of about 1.5-2% per hour at night - however, in my case, the Phone Signal in my residential area has been spotty for a while now and that could have a significant role to play in the 'usage'. I don't think there is a standard answer to this - a lot of variables could be impacting the 'usage' .... phone signal strength, number of open applications, number of email accounts and their synch intervals etc.
    Last edited by AshokGov; 12-06-14 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Correction
    12-06-14 11:57 AM
    Bedside mode only switches off sound and LED notifications. The radios still work, so if a call comes in, it will be registered, and emails and other messages are received.

Now that my battery life has improved to a full two days, every other night I put the phone in bedside mode when it's not charging. If I remember to turn off wifi, I lose 4 - 5% overnight. With wifi on, I would lose around 15-20% because the wireless router is in the basement, and the bedroom is on the 2nd floor.

So if you're losing too much battery power, check what services you're leaving on overnight. I wish BlackBerry would bring back the sleep mode that BBOS phones had, when everything would turn off for the night. But they seem to think that the current bedside mode is better.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-06-14 01:33 PM
    With Wi-Fi on and the phone on Flight Mode, I usually lose between 5 and 10 % of battery life during a full night's sleep.

Enviado desde mi sexy Pasaporte
    12-06-14 03:24 PM
    Y'all forget to factor in the paratek antenna which would ultimately help your passport last longer in regions like mine. Where network providers live to kill your battery with terrible signals

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 04:47 PM
    Bedside mode is best used while plugged in. You will use less battery overnight if you leave the phone with bedside mode off, as the screen shuts off. In bedside mode, the screen always stays on (showing the clock) so I would only use bedside mode when plugged in if you are concerned about the battery.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:19 PM
    The other night I forgot to plug the Passport into the charger and I had about 10 percent less in the morning.
    But, I did not use night mode. I just left it in a stand on it's back.
    12-06-14 10:24 PM
    There is an option to have wireless connections turn off when bedside mode is on. It's in Alarm > Settings.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    12-06-14 10:54 PM
    There is an option to have wireless connections turn off when bedside mode is on. It's in Alarm > Settings.

Posted via CB10
    You should post this in the Hidden Features thread.

12-07-14 01:24 AM
    With cellular off but wifi on, my battery usually drops 2-4% overnight.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    12-07-14 04:41 AM
    With cellular off but wifi on, my battery usually drops 2-4% overnight.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    This will vary greatly for different people. Depending on signal strength and modem location with respect to the phone, the phone could be constantly searching for signal and using a lot of power. Why would you want to keep wifi on during bedside mode? Any emails that arrive during the night aren't using significant data.

12-07-14 09:45 AM