Was wondering what you all think the best Battery App (that shows battery health in % as well as battery cycles) and the best/most accurate Speed Test App (ability to test 3G, 4G, LTE, Wi-Fi, download/upload) currently available in BB World for the Passport? These are the two apps I am missing and would like to purchase, as they likely will not be free for what I am looking for. Which ones are you using on your Passport?

I know that the Passport has a limited selection of apps currently and I searched the forum and BB World with mixed reviews and nothing listed on device compatibility and did not want to make a purchase on apps that are not up to par or are not what I am looking for. I read some of the reviews on BB World and they are very mixed; it is difficult to figure out which has or has not been updated with support for Passport/10.3, etc. It seems like I always get the best feedback on CrackBerry so figured I would ask if any of the apps out now would fit my needs for the battery and the speed test. Which battery apps and speed test apps is everybody currently using?

Thanks! Will post back when I get some feedback and hopefully download both of my missing apps :-(
    10-10-14 07:48 AM
    Ookla's SpeedTest if you ask me (Grab using Snap).

Battery Guru is regarded as a trustworthy battery monitor, but with the changes in the OS, I'd stick with built-in thingies.
    10-10-14 07:54 AM
    Ookla's SpeedTest if you ask me (Grab using Snap).

Battery Guru is regarded as a trustworthy battery monitor, but with the changes in the OS, I'd stick with built-in thingies.
    The device monitor built in is great, but I do miss my battery app showing the health percent as well. As far as any accurate updated speed test app you mentioned using snap... I really only need these two apps as of now and was hoping I would be able to get both from BlackBerry World as they are both pretty basic for a smartphone... a good battery app... and a good speed test app... hmmm. Might browse BB World again and see what I can find. Hate to spend a couple bucks for any crap apps that are showing and are not compatible or accurate. Thanks though; might end up having to use android apps.
    10-10-14 11:12 AM
    The device monitor built in is great, but I do miss my battery app showing the health percent as well. As far as any accurate updated speed test app you mentioned using snap...
    BBVE has that, native, free by BlackBerry and in BBWorld.

So you won't use Snap to get more apps, apps you could use. Ok.
    10-10-14 11:45 AM
    On my Z30 I had a simple battery app from BlackBerry World installed showing the cycles, what percent the battery was at etc. I do not believe BBVE does this and is not really what I was looking for. Was just looking for ideas on the best native or non-native apps for battery and speed tests. Thought I'd be able to find both in BBWorld for a few bucks each and was just wondering what the Passport owners here were using for both.

I have no problem with snap, but will not be sideloading it. On my Z30 I used 1mobile for a bit and if they didn't have what I was looking for I would just download the android apk. Not a huge app person, but would like a battery health % app and a speed test. Both pretty common. Since I don't use many apps, I just got what I needed from 1mobile or the apk direct install, but figured I'd be able to grab these 2 in BBWorld for a price.

Since I haven't gotten much feedback what apps, BBWorld or android, are people using on their Passports? I hate all of the permissions with android and if anybody knows what would work on the Passport why not ask?

Thanks for the info though, I will look into both... maybe I'm taking your reply wrong, but seemed sarcastic. Just looking for opinions prior to forking out a few bucks here and there (which I will do to support a BlackBerry developer) for apps that may or may not work on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:57 PM
    Update: I ended up downloading BaSa (Battery and System Analyzer app) directly from BlackBerry World and it is awesome. I know with 10.3 as well as with the old Z30 there is the device monitor which has similar functions, but for a few bucks I was able to get an extremely accurate battery health percent and cycle count of three (my two priorities) along with so much more. I hope this developer continues to update and support this app. I would definitely recommend this and works excellent on the Passport without needing any permissions.

As far as the speed test, there is a free one I downloaded that showed the download speeds for my WiFi and AT&T LTE as I was curious from the Verizon switch... really did not see the need to keep this one. There was a much better one based on the preview called 4G, but would not open either due to compatibility or because I declined all of the permissions. Checked the download speeds with the first app then deleted both of them. Did not have this problem with BaSa so for those concerned with permissions I can't say enough about it. Tons of useful information and worth supporting the developer!

Since I spent a few bucks on the app, I also got the spongebob, tmnt, lionking, shrek, garfield, httyd, and aspca sticker packs for BBM as well. That may seem excessive, but in all honesty they are all so much better than the original sticker packs available that I have from the restore. Tons of emotions along with words; will be using these much more than the first ones that were coming out. Just thought I would share.

Here's to hoping those on backorder will be getting their devices as soon as possible. BlackBerry is likely to stock the device a few times before the end of October. They were likely just playing it safe because of the backlash from customers. My order somehow went through from the "buy it now" button while out of stock with next day delivery. I tried to cancel as I was still on the fence in the morning and that evening I received an email stating that my Passport shipped with tracking next day and the only way to cancel would be to refuse delivery (all while out of stock). Obviously I kept it and am loving it, but just goes to show that it is randomized as I am seeing posts from those that ordered way before I did and have not received their device. So there is hope that there will probably be incremental shipments in the interim. It will be worth the wait though!
    10-10-14 09:59 PM