How many are leaving battery saving mode on all of the time versus the default 20%?

When I initially upgraded my BB10s the Z10 battery life literally doubled. As for the Z30 and Passport, the battery life is already so long I didn't see a noticeable difference like on the Z10.

I have had Battery Saving Mode on all of the time for the last few days and don't notice much of a difference other than screen brightness.

Was curious if I'm the only one using BSM all the time. I also haven't noticed anything running slower even though the CPU is supposedly limited. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 06:01 PM
    I leave it on until I want a brighter screen, then I "adjust" it with and android app but it seems to dim fairly quick. I may turn it off if I'm watching a movie when it is bright out

I'm not sure if it is the slower processor, but the phone seems to run "cooler" to the touch too. If I could adjust screen brightness I wouldn't have to think twice about leaving it on all the time
    04-27-15 07:11 PM
    I have it set to 30% as an indication to charge it, then get busy and have to lower it to 20% get busy again and then wonder why data isn't coming in.
    But I keep it at 30% as an indication to start making my way near a charger.
    It has long battery life which spoils me and catches me off guard when it does get low.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 -Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    04-27-15 07:43 PM
    I agree that it seems to run cooler since it's been on the last few days which is always good for the overall battery health. Thought I'd notice a slowdown, but haven't. All I've noticed is the dimmer screen and since I don't use the Passport for full media (movies) this hasn't been an issue.

I do miss the default at 20% though only because I'd get a notification basically to charge as well. I try to stick to 80/20 so the notification was perfect. It goes off and I put it on the charger. Definitely worked well as a reminder.

As I wrote though, been running BSM 24/7 now... wasn't sure if it was just me and was curious as to how others have this set.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:34 PM
    0uestion about this mode.

Why is the screen always so dark when in this mode???

Even above the threshold it's so dim.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:12 PM
    0uestion about this mode.

Why is the screen always so dark when in this mode???

Even above the threshold it's so dim.

Posted via CB10
    I know you can customize BSM in the settings and take the screen dimming off although I'd say having the screen dim down likely saves a lot on the battery.

By default BSM has a dimmer screen and limited CPU. As I wrote you can change this. There is also the option to turn off location services as well.

Edit: Just looked at BSM real quick and you cannot turn off the screen adjustment, but there are other options there in settings -> battery saving mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:01 PM