Hi! I noticed that my Passport 's battery is kinda showing its age...has anyone replaced the battery with a new one? Any improvement in the battery life? Currently, it holds about 12 hours. I admit I have some apk's running, such as Facebook Lite, WhatsApp, Messenger. Could those be to blame for the shorter battery life? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-19 02:22 AM
    There are some battery replacement packs on ebay. Not plenty since passport is not mainstream. However, you should have a close look to your installed APKs. They are usually driving battery construction up on use.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-19 03:20 AM
    Thanks. Without apk's the phone can be used mainly for calls and SMS. I will change the battery and see how it performs then.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-19 03:47 AM
    I haven't replaced a battery but have removed it on the passport to replace a keyboard.
    It's fairly simple. There's videos on YouTube that show you step by step tear down of the passport.
    Some people suggest heating up the battery to loosen the adhesive others pry it with a flat edge. I just pulled it out by pulling on the plastic flap on side of the battery. Came out easily and retained the adhesive when putting it back in.

Posted via CB10
    ioan_calin likes this.
    03-24-19 01:34 AM
    Hi! I noticed that my Passport 's battery is kinda showing its age...has anyone replaced the battery with a new one? Any improvement in the battery life? Currently, it holds about 12 hours. I admit I have some apk's running, such as Facebook Lite, WhatsApp, Messenger. Could those be to blame for the shorter battery life? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Replaced my battery a while ago. It lasted about 9 hours before and when exchanged about 17 hours. So it was a good benefit for me.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    03-24-19 01:16 PM
    So iI guess it is a good idea to replace it. I am not expecting any wonders, it just is not as good as it used to be. Thanks.
    03-24-19 02:21 PM
    Replaced my battery a while ago. It lasted about 9 hours before and when exchanged about 17 hours. So it was a good benefit for me.

Posted via CB10
    Werd'ya get it?
    Wud'ya pay?
    03-24-19 02:34 PM
    Werd'ya get it?
    Wud'ya pay?
    Bought at a webshop at home (sweden), price about 20 USD. It's a common available battery, x-longer. A replacement made in Hongkong I think, https://www.cameronsino.com/about-us.html . I would think it's available via Amazon, ebay or other webshops.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-19 02:41 PM
    The difference in my Passport with a new battery is remarkable. It was very overdue for my device and now I can use it all day long again. Go for it. It's really easy to change.

You just need a very small Torx bit. I got bag of mobile phone tools for a few £ from eBay which had the right one in plus lots of other stuff that might come in handy one day.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-19 04:36 PM
    It's good to know that replacing the battery makes a difference. Thank you, guys.
    03-25-19 03:11 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Wow..mine lasts about 4 hours max.. is there a place in toronto I can take it in to get this done?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-19 01:03 PM
    Wow..mine lasts about 4 hours max.. is there a place in toronto I can take it in to get this done?

Posted via CB10
    Purchase the battery and take it to just about any smartphone repair shop. Make a call first and tell your story. It's not a tough job and any decent repair shop can figure it out in minutes (thanks to YouTube!).
    03-26-19 01:07 PM
    Yes, replaced it and it seems to be back on its feet. Makes all the difference.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-19 11:37 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I get like four hours on my day one Passport. I have location services off and almost no apps...

Display, Browser, and system taking 7, 6.5, 3.5 %....

Posted via CB10
    03-27-19 08:14 AM
    I get like four hours on my day one Passport. I have location services off and almost no apps...

Display, Browser, and system taking 7, 6.5, 3.5 %....

Posted via CB10
    My original battery (now almost 4.5 years) still gets me through the day with about 30% left when I go to sleep. I have 893 cycles on it! Did I get my money's worth? Lol.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    03-27-19 08:39 AM
    Maybe it is not just the battery , it is the outdated OS that could be to blame.
    03-28-19 02:09 AM
    I've purchased a new battery,but before I install I need to know how would I calibrate the new battery, do I need to use until doesn't have charge?, charge full and then discharge?

Any tip is welcome.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-19 04:52 PM
    I've purchased a new battery,but before I install I need to know how would I calibrate the new battery, do I need to use until doesn't have charge?, charge full and then discharge?

Any tip is welcome.

Posted via CB10
    No, just install and use. No calibration needed.
    03-30-19 04:59 PM
    Yes, no calibration needed.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-19 11:57 PM
    Thank you.
    I'll post my comments after I swap the battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-19 11:40 AM
    I bought the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition directly from BlackBerry website. After maybe 6 months of very little use. I noticed the phone began to heat up. The battery began to drain very fast. I factory reset it. I deleted all amazon apps. The battery was still draining even as little as four hours without the antennas on. Will look on eBay for a battery replacement.

Posted via my  Z30
    03-31-19 11:51 AM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Purchase the battery and take it to just about any smartphone repair shop. Make a call first and tell your story. It's not a tough job and any decent repair shop can figure it out in minutes (thanks to YouTube!).
    Took it into a place here in toronto where they replaced the battery.. I get about six hours now on average...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-19 02:39 PM
    Took it into a place here in toronto where they replaced the battery.. I get about six hours now on average...

Posted via CB10
    Not very good at all. I notice you have very few apps either. I still get 12 hours plus on my 4.5 year old battery with almost 900 cycles. Are any of your apps power intensive such as Skype, FaceBook or any other social media android apps? How many apps exactly do you have? Go Settings/App Manager/Application Permissions/tap on each app and disable "Run when Minimized" . Turn DOWN your screen brightness. Just a couple of tips that you may or may not know of.

Or you may have just bought a substandard battery---you should get better than 6 hours imho.
    04-01-19 03:05 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Not very good at all. I notice you have very few apps either. I still get 12 hours plus on my 4.5 year old battery with almost 900 cycles. Are any of your apps power intensive such as Skype, FaceBook or any other social media android apps? How many apps exactly do you have? Go Settings/App Manager/Application Permissions/tap on each app and disable "Run when Minimized" . Turn DOWN your screen brightness. Just a couple of tips that you may or may not know of.

Or you may have just bought a substandard battery---you should get better than 6 hours imho.
    Done all those things: I do use wifi a lot at cafes...and FB and Google browsing.... but no other apps other than weather, ... new battery is better than my Day one Passport battery......

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-19 08:05 AM
    Done all those things: I do use wifi a lot at cafes...and FB and Google browsing.... but no other apps other than weather, ... new battery is better than my Day one Passport battery......

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Glad it's better at least! FB browsing will kill that battery, lol.
    04-02-19 08:09 AM