Hey Guys,
    My passport is apprx. 1 year old and I have been having battery drain issues since I bought it. The first time I put it on, the battery showed 3 hours remaining at 78% and this was with maximum brightness. As at now, Battery lasts for 4.30 hrs with maximum brightness and H, 6 hrs with battery saving mode and H, 9 hrs with battery saving mode and EDGE (from 100%). Multiple threads gave various answers such as update the os, give it time to settle and sync up, Reduce brightness e.t.c. I did all that to no avail.
    Honestly I have not enjoyed the phone as I envisioned. The phone is always on battery saving mode and the reduced brightness is making the phone experience boring. I have decided to sell the phone soon. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to salvage the situation. Thanks in anticipation of helpful replies.
    08-17-16 08:19 AM
    Is this with no apps downloaded? Or are you running a number of apps in the background? It sounds very odd to have such serious drainage issues. I noticed you mentioned EDGE as well. Is it possible that the phone is constantly trying to connect to a different network and that is what is causing the issue? I know I have heard when it is constantly trying to switch between different networks, it uses a lot of battery power (at least, that is what I recall with older BlackBerrys as well)
    08-17-16 08:33 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I use only 3 android apps- opera mini, instagram and vlc. I heard about android apps causing battery drain issues however without the apps running the battery always dies off.
    08-17-16 08:43 AM
    You waited a year to do something about it? battery drain since day one, you should have returned it for exchanged.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 10:32 AM
    You waited a year to do something about it? battery drain since day one, you should have returned it for exchanged.

Posted via CB10
    1. Not in a country where you can easily return the phone and no blackberry official shop around my location.
    2. I have always known the battery was a 'little' less than normal. Only found out recently that it's supposed to last a whole day with heavy use.
    08-17-16 11:17 AM
    Can you post a screenshot of the Battery tab of device monitor with the view set to "Since Last Charge"?
    08-17-16 02:18 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of the Battery tab of device monitor with the view set to "Since Last Charge"?
    This.

And also post a screenshot of CPU/system use?
    08-17-16 06:54 PM
    Mine lasts about two days with medium use.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 06:55 PM
    I have always known the battery was a 'little' less than normal. Only found out recently that it's supposed to last a whole day with heavy use.
    That's incorrect.

Heavy users get a range from 4 to 8 hours
    Medium user will get 7 to 16
    Light user will get 16 on up.

There's no Android nor Apple that will do any better without having and extended battery.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    08-18-16 05:38 PM