Hello people, how are you

I have a Blackberry Passport OG for about a year and I am very satisfied with it.

As most of you and I have had occasional problems (nothing very serious) with a device but I have mostly solved with your advices.

My current problem is the battery consumption overnight, an average of about 5-6%.
    I am generally very pleased with the battery life, which hold about 2 days. It is not a big problem but I'd like to know the reason.

My settings:

Bluetooth : OFF
    Wi-Fi : OFF / ON (There is no difference I tested)
    Location services : OFF
    Blend : OFF
    Network technology : HSPA+/UMTS/GSM ( I do not use LTE )
    NFC : OFF
    1 mail acc sync manual
    Whatsapp : ON (There is no difference If i received message or not i tested that)
    Facebook, Twitter : I do not use
    I have a couple of Android applications like Playstation app, Google maps ( but I checked all the permits and they do not work in the background )

This settings is for test, i usually use blend, bluetooth,location services.

I would like to ask you advice or tell me the reason for this problem.

P.S. I apologize for my english
    11-21-15 01:53 PM
    What is your software information?

Send via  Passport SE
    11-21-15 01:58 PM
    Battery problem?-img_20151121_220700.png

This is in Croatian, but I think you will understand

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 03:08 PM
    I am not an expert in this, but as far as I know the processors never sleep, even if they aren't processing a software at the time. For instance, watch your CPU-controller. The CPU is always active, more or less, as you can see by my attachment that shows that mine was using 12% of its capability while I was doing nothing:

Battery problem?-img_20151121_231154_resize.jpg

(in German ;-))

Edit: 12% was a very high value, normal values range from 2 to 7%.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by craggy; 11-21-15 at 11:30 PM.
    11-21-15 04:27 PM
    Observed from my SE the idle power consumption is 1% per hour i.e. if I leave home with fully charged battery at 6 a.m. and during day I do nothing with the phone except a few calls or short SMS, I'll come home at 6 p.m. with 88% battery.

So OP if your phone is off the charger and you lose 5 - 6% overnight and "your night" is at least 5 - 6 hours long I think that's normal power consumption.

EDIT: My settings is similar to yours. wifi on, data off, bluetooth off, NFC off, location off, brightness 50%.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-21-15 07:01 PM
    Actually, u must clean installation via autoloader 2639 or 2789 OS but don't restore ur backup!!!!!

And u must use native apps on ur phone!!!!!

After everything tobe perfect, goodluck.

Mine pp SE battery result is 3 Day soft used or 2 day hard used

Send via  Passport SE
    11-22-15 07:02 AM
    And every radio and location apps is open for me, wifi too always

Send via  Passport SE
    11-22-15 07:03 AM
    Thanks people

I agree that the device is doing something in the background and because that my Passport consumes battery overnight.

I mostly use native applications, always do clean install when it need, and i do not have backup, important data is on sd card, contact in cloud, mail same thing, whatsapp conversation is not important to save it. I know set up my settings how i want.
    11-22-15 08:52 AM
    What percentage of battery use would you expect from the phone during the night or down time while your not using it?

Just saying there's certain processes that always run.
    Network if turned on
    Wi-Fi if turned on
    Apps refreshing in the background

Even when you think there off some apps use less than 0.01% , but over multiple apps that adds up.

Also the battery consumption app is not accurate. It should only be used as an approximate usage of battery consumption.
    11-22-15 09:10 AM
    Thanks people

I agree that the device is doing something in the background and because that my Passport consumes battery overnight.

I mostly use native applications, always do clean install when it need, and i do not have backup, important data is on sd card, contact in cloud, mail same thing, whatsapp conversation is not important to save it. I know set up my settings how i want.
    Yep

You are right bro, true way.

Send via  Passport SE
    11-22-15 02:50 PM
    Hello people, how are you

I have a Blackberry Passport OG for about a year and I am very satisfied with it.

As most of you and I have had occasional problems (nothing very serious) with a device but I have mostly solved with your advices.

My current problem is the battery consumption overnight, an average of about 5-6%.
    I am generally very pleased with the battery life, which hold about 2 days. It is not a big problem but I'd like to know the reason.

My settings:

Bluetooth : OFF
    Wi-Fi : OFF / ON (There is no difference I tested)
    Location services : OFF
    Blend : OFF
    Network technology : HSPA+/UMTS/GSM ( I do not use LTE )
    NFC : OFF
    1 mail acc sync manual
    Whatsapp : ON (There is no difference If i received message or not i tested that)
    Facebook, Twitter : I do not use
    I have a couple of Android applications like Playstation app, Google maps ( but I checked all the permits and they do not work in the background )

This settings is for test, i usually use blend, bluetooth,location services.

I would like to ask you advice or tell me the reason for this problem.

P.S. I apologize for my english
    Turn BlackBerry Assistant to voice dial only helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 06:56 PM