Hi All!
    It's my first post on the Crackbarry.
    Passport is my first BB phone, as a novice I have some issues.
    In the user manual I had read, that LED have to change color during charging process.
    But it stays dark after USB cable is conected and during charge process. The LED lights red only after new incoming message.
    So my question is: how to recover the LED behavior during power charge as it is discribed in user manual?

Best regards,
    Igor
    09-05-17 11:21 PM
    I dunno exactly what it says in the user manual but I have never seen it change color while charging other than going from orange (low battery) to red. It's not as if it cycles through it constantly so you know when it's charged. Nothing to fix AFAIK other than you expectations of what should be happening.
    09-05-17 11:43 PM
    The LED is only active when charging the battery when the phone is switched off, I mean completely shut down not just in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    09-06-17 06:34 AM
    I dunno exactly what it says in the user manual but I have never seen it change color while charging other than going from orange (low battery) to red. It's not as if it cycles through it constantly so you know when it's charged. Nothing to fix AFAIK other than you expectations of what should be happening.
    Thank you for answer!
    I see in manual:
    The battery notification  does not  control the LED-image.png
    09-06-17 02:26 PM
    Thank you for answer!
    I see in manual:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	429530
    A hearty congratulations to you for actually admitting to reading the user manual! I'm not surprised that Bla1ze hasn't read it since that would maybe prompt others to do it, which would probably render Crackberry irrelevant! He'd be out of a job. So don't ever tell anyone what you have done.
    09-06-17 02:43 PM
    The LED is only active when charging the battery when the phone is switched off, I mean completely shut down not just in bedside mode.

IMHO it is looking strange. Phone must have similar behavior during chargein a working mode too. Because when I connect an USB cable I have no handy confirmation about beginning of charge, I need unlock the screen to look an charge icon.
    09-06-17 03:11 PM
    I just want to be a little happier.))
    09-06-17 03:13 PM
    A hearty congratulations to you for actually admitting to reading the user manual! I'm not surprised that Bla1ze hasn't read it since that would maybe prompt others to do it, which would probably render Crackberry irrelevant! He'd be out of a job. So don't ever tell anyone what you have done.
    I just want to be a little happier.))
    09-06-17 03:15 PM
    IMHO it is looking strange. Phone must have similar behavior during chargein a working mode too. Because when I connect an USB cable I have no handy confirmation about beginning of charge, I need unlock the screen to look an charge icon.
    That's the way it works unfortunately, although personally I've never felt the need to see the LED confirmation of charging but I know there are a lot of people who would like it.

09-06-17 03:36 PM
    There are some apps that bring such LED notification during the charging.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 04:50 PM
    There are some apps that bring such LED notification during the charging.

Posted via CB10
    Did you mean PowerTools?
    09-06-17 11:10 PM
    Yes, this is one of the app. Also BeBuzz or Hub++ or some others. They might support the charging event too (please check it before buying, it's long time I used it). But I have to say I stopped using them after while because these apps brought some level of confusion in terms of settings because there are so many options. It is question whether you prefer LED charging notification over some additional apps & power consumption to keep them running in the background. When I was new to Passport and fancy to every possible improvement, I was missing the LED notifications as well. After a year or so I realized it is enough for me what PP offers by default and I got rid off of all not must-have apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-17 02:02 AM
    Thank you morizek!
    09-07-17 01:43 PM
    Check Sound Scheme app on BBW. It brings customizable sound notifications to nearly all system/device events, including when charging starts and ends, battery low (adjustable level) or empty, and almost everything else.
    09-07-17 09:33 PM