I've had my blackberry for about 3 weeks to a month now, and the battery life is getting no better! Huge disappointment considering it's one of the reasons I came over from iphone! I pretty much had to keep my iphone plugged up often, but atleast when it was time to charge, it charged up pretty quickly! Well, I'm in the same boat?? I pretty much have to keep this thing charged up to lessen the risk of me going low on heavy use, but then to charge it is even worse than my iphone because it takes FOREVER!! Anyone else have this issue?? I've read some folks talking about 2 days??? How is that possible??
    tflaxman likes this.
    10-27-16 08:57 AM
    Do you have android apps? Because a single app can drain the battery in no time

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    sonicpix likes this.
    10-27-16 09:04 AM
    I have two AT&T Passports and both last two days on a full charge.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 09:10 AM
    Ok...

Bye� ...

Posted via CB10  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport
    10-27-16 09:25 AM
    My ATT passport lasts about 1.5 days on a charge, but I use a lot of android apps. (3 actually)
    10-27-16 09:25 AM
    I am on the same boat pal. I have done everything I can to get this fixed. Unfortunately, my battery life is just normal. But, everyone around me easily gets a day and half with their passport. I wonder how. It saddens me. But, I am waiting for 10.3.3 to check whether the update would help me with the battery or not...

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    10-27-16 09:29 AM
    Heavy passport user only viber installed from snap as android and my battery last up to 36h

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 10:34 AM
    NFC connection? Seems that they come factory turned on.. perhaps that's using your battery up.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 10:35 AM
    48+ hrs with moderate use...2years in. I turn off / kill everything i'm not using.

Posted via CBX
    10-27-16 12:44 PM
    Hey man you have to manage your apps.

1) go to blackberry settings permissions and disable background apps and run when minimized for most apps.

2) download mobile settings or apex launcher and go to android app settings. Disable all android app notifications as they don't work well anyway.
    3) download greenify apk and turn it non root and enable auto hibernation using android accessibility settings. Hibernate all your android apps

4)I use a 9v 2a quick charger. Not sure if this is a good idea or not but it charges by phone so fast.
    5) download appops apk and turn off most background services for android apps.

That's how I got my battery to last longer and I run a ton of android apps

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 01:03 PM
    I've had my blackberry for about 3 weeks to a month now, and the battery life is getting no better! Huge disappointment considering it's one of the reasons I came over from iphone! I pretty much had to keep my iphone plugged up often, but atleast when it was time to charge, it charged up pretty quickly! Well, I'm in the same boat?? I pretty much have to keep this thing charged up to lessen the risk of me going low on heavy use, but then to charge it is even worse than my iphone because it takes FOREVER!! Anyone else have this issue?? I've read some folks talking about 2 days??? How is that possible??
    Download BlackBerry runtime app in blackberry world. Open it through BlackBerry world. This will pause the runtime until you open an android app or restart your phone. I believe this step will preserve your battery while away from the android apps. Also turn off location services when not needed. Also put screen brightness about 50%. If this doesn't make for improvement then either wifi signal is weak and or network signal is weak causing the phone to put more muscle to retrieve data.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 01:29 PM
    Check your device monitor to see whats using up your battery so much.
    Check the following as well:
    • Screen Brightness
    • Bluetooth and wifi off if not in use
    • How is your signal? If poor signal while using it will drain battery quicker
    • How many accounts (emails, twitter, etc) tied to hub and how often are they updating? Can change the setting or frequency of how often they update
    • Remove unnecessary apps or android apps that arent being used or dont work well

Just a few I could think of off the top of my head
    10-27-16 01:43 PM
    Mine lasts at least 2 days, up to 4 days... Bluetooth off, NFC off, as few android apps as possible, Kindle and Skype in particular were battery hogs... Charging time seems a little more because it's such a huge battery.
    10-28-16 10:46 AM
    Using an SE, I would say my battery life has always been 'good', aside from the initial week hiccup/OS settling, but does not get me through more than a day with moderate to heavy use. A little better than Z30 but not as good as some people report.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 03:02 PM
    I suggest to check battery's health. 2 days mentioned often are achieved with batteries with health of 80% and higher, in my opinion.
    But accumulators degrade with time and even if new they can be damaged - with extreme temperatures, for example.
    10-29-16 03:23 PM
    Battery life is generally a day and a half with my AT&T Passport. My iphone lasts about five hours with moderate use?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:09 PM
    Mine is doing fine up to now. I've had it for almost 2 years, with just a few hiccups along the way.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 02:12 AM
    I get 2days+ on moderate usage its been two years the best battery I have had, used iphone with similar usage but couldn't get through the day

Red passport
    10-30-16 03:00 AM
    I have two Passports. The oldest one being more than two years old now. Battery life is very good. Still going great guns.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    10-30-16 08:25 AM
    OP you have to take all of the battery life claims with a grain of salt. People claiming to get two days battery life with "moderate" use means they aren't really using the phone that often. I consider myself a "heavy" user meaning that I make a ton of phone calls during the day as well as messages and web browsing. My Passport needs to be charged by 3pm. If I don't use it, it will obviously last longer, but so will any other phone.
    10-30-16 08:37 AM
    Don't get me wrong but since BB10 users are not that app dependent, they use their phones for calling and some browsing. If you are a heavy user, no phone will get you two full days. Iphone 7 Plus is one of the most power efficient phones out there and it lasts a day for heavy users. So don't expect much IF you are using your phone a lot.
    Plus if you are in Europe, LTE bands for rural areas are 800 MHz which Passport does not support. Your phone might be needing more energy trying to find a nice LTE band just guessing.
    10-30-16 10:20 AM
    The problem is that BB10 just isn't optimized very good for battery life, plain and simple.
    10-30-16 03:42 PM
    My feeling is that the Passport can last a number of days if you leave it on standby, maybe a couple of days tops if you use it lightly for email and documents. If you try to play games, expect hours of battery only. It really is best as an on-the-go companion, not a gaming device (even though it is very capable of games).
    10-30-16 06:21 PM
    The problem is that BB10 just isn't optimized very good for battery life, plain and simple.
    this guy's lost...someone point him to the apple store..

Posted via CBX
    Paullybob and dmlis like this.
    10-30-16 07:33 PM
    I could last a day and a half or two days on my AT&T Passport without charging.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-30-16 07:47 PM
62 123