I've had mine about two years. I consistently get a couple days. I have very few android apps installed and my screen level is about.....wow...only 55%. Didn't realize I had it set that low.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 08:12 PM
    Not using android apps pretty much isn't an option on BB10 anymore. So basically it's pointless to suggest that as a solution.

I mean, I guess unless you literally just use it for the included features and apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 08:15 PM
    this guy's lost...someone point him to the apple store..

Posted via CBX
    You think it is optimized? Pointing me towards the Apple store is pointing me towards an OS that is much more optimized for the battery.
    Last edited by donnation; 10-31-16 at 05:31 AM.
    10-30-16 08:29 PM
    Battery usage is relative. Factually however, standby time on this device is superb. I went from full charge to 91% after a phone call nearing two hours.

This is my device for business, and email. I don't use any android apps. I have a personal device for android apps. Considering a tablet Samsung Chromebook Pro since it runs apps, but idk my personal cell # is for family and friends I've, had it since I was 11yrs old. I may always have two phone numbers.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 10:54 PM
    I've had a first generation Passport (black) since they were released in Canada and the battery life is still great (lasts almost 2 days).

I bought a Passport SE a couple of weeks ago and while the battery life is great I've noticed something weird when charging it.
    With the SE turned off and plugged into the charger it never fully charges. It typically only gets to 94% and yesterday after a full charge it only showed 80%.
    My "old" Passport always shows 100% after charging.

The only way I can get the SE to charge to 100% is to leave it turned on while charging.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

I just thought of this as I'm typing...
    Could it be a problem with the charger? I'm using the charger that came with the SE. Next time it needs charging I'll try the charger from my "old" passport and see what happens.

Thanks
    10-31-16 05:40 AM
    The Passport uses a Snapdragon 801 processor which is Quick Charge 2.0 qualified. Did Blackberry do something to defeat this feature or is it the battery they used?? Don't see why they would have not taken advantage of the Quick Charge 2.0 ability...but then again, they gave me a crappy charger with the PRIV too. Had to go and buy a Quick Charge 2.0 charger.

Anybody have a solution...Can I just use the 2.0 charger??? NM, I'll try it and see if it makes a difference....Don't touch that dial!!!!

P.S. I'm currently getting about 2 and a half days per charge, WiFi and Bluetooth on and several Android apps and BB Android runtime installed. Not a heavy user but my phone doesn't site idle for hours on end either.
    10-31-16 06:50 AM
    android apps have no effect on battery life...if they aren't running!

i've never seen a phone charge as quickly or last as long as my OG passport.

kill apps. turn off features. lower brightness. use battery saving mode.

Posted via CBX
    10-31-16 08:19 AM
    Well BB10 has better apps without google services data mining and without poorly made Droid apps we have a better device life.

Tablets were invented because they have much bigger screens and battery's for very heavy consumption. Makes $ and cents to me.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-31-16 09:38 AM
    Is there a "One button to kill all running apps" app? Could be handy...or is this not necessary for BB10 devices?
    10-31-16 09:55 AM
    "taskmanager" by bytehamster is good for viewing and killing android apps. device monitor for bb10 apps.

Posted via CBX
    10-31-16 11:26 AM
    OP you have to take all of the battery life claims with a grain of salt. People claiming to get two days battery life with "moderate" use means they aren't really using the phone that often. I consider myself a "heavy" user meaning that I make a ton of phone calls during the day as well as messages and web browsing. My Passport needs to be charged by 3pm. If I don't use it, it will obviously last longer, but so will any other phone.
    We certainly should take ALL of the battery life claims with a grain of salt.
    I prefer email to phone calls, but sometimes I make a lot of calls - from early morning (6-7am) to about 2pm. I never had the need to charge the phone at 3pm, even after a number of long conference calls - each one of 1 hour or so. With emailing between the calls.
    I can tell more: even my Q10 did not require charging at 3pm in the same situation.
    10-31-16 03:18 PM
    I asked BlackBerry about that as well. They said something along the lines of the 801 is QC qualified but it requires additional support chips which were not included in the Passport design.

I was hoping the SE included the additional goodies, but as far as I can tell it doesn't.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-02-16 05:04 AM
    Used the charger from my old Passport last night and the battery level got up to 98%. Although I did leave it on the charger overnight instead of unplugging it shortly after the LED turns Green.

I guess the next test will be to use the SE's charger and leave it charging overnight and see what happens.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-02-16 05:11 AM
    In my experience, if I charge phone to 100% before bedtime, and unplug the charger, I can get 48 hours with light to moderate use. Don't leave on charge overnight.

Yep. A PassPort.
    11-02-16 06:11 AM
    I have noticed considerable battery drain since late September when I have started using sync pod for charging overnight. However, BlackBerry itself recommends that the BlackBerry smartphones should be on charge whenever possible even if no charge is needed.
    I will revert back to my pre-sync pod charge experience and see if it makes a difference.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    11-02-16 07:43 AM
    So, here is a screenshot of my last service cycle with a full charge under light to moderate mixed use...

Battery is NOT great!  So disappointed!  :-/-img_20161102_091430.jpg

As you can see, two full days with a little cushion to spare. Granted I am not a gamer or a social media enthusiast but you gotta think even THEY should get a good day out of this battery!!
    11-02-16 08:23 AM
    Having experienced both on both of my Passport devices, I have a theory:

Charging overnight is the problem. When the battery gets to 100%, it starts to blip-charge, which increases internal resistance and reduces capacity.

These days I use a top up charging strategy and battery lasts two days with light to medium usage or one day heavy usage.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    11-02-16 09:16 AM
    I get 1 day battery life max and I use about 10 android apps. They are the ones taking a toll on it. Tapatalk usually drains it very fast for me.
    11-02-16 01:59 PM
    I've had my blackberry for about 3 weeks to a month now, and the battery life is getting no better! Huge disappointment considering it's one of the reasons I came over from iphone! I pretty much had to keep my iphone plugged up often, but atleast when it was time to charge, it charged up pretty quickly! Well, I'm in the same boat?? I pretty much have to keep this thing charged up to lessen the risk of me going low on heavy use, but then to charge it is even worse than my iphone because it takes FOREVER!! Anyone else have this issue?? I've read some folks talking about 2 days??? How is that possible??
    You are coming from iPhone and complaining about battery life? Return the phone for another one. Unbelievable because I gave iPhone an honest months try and had to be attached to an outlet pretty much the entire time. I could leave the phone sitting and watch the battery drain. My PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 still gives me a FULL day of heavy use w/o the need to charge. Something is wrong here.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    11-02-16 02:33 PM
    I get 1 day battery life max and I use about 10 android apps. They are the ones taking a toll on it. Tapatalk usually drains it very fast for me.
    Android apps will kill battery, you are correct. Skype especially

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 02:36 PM
    You are coming from iPhone and complaining about battery life? Return the phone for another one. Unbelievable because I gave iPhone an honest months try and had to be attached to an outlet pretty much the entire time. I could leave the phone sitting and watch the battery drain. My PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 still gives me a FULL day of heavy use w/o the need to charge. Something is wrong here.

Posted via CB10
    I think you had a bad iPhone or something. My Passport, Priv and iphone have about the same battery life and usually last 1 day. The passport could theoretically last longer if I deleted some apps, but then I wouldn't use it as frequent as the other 2. The Classic is the only one that doesn't last a full day anymore due to android apps getting hungrier.
    11-02-16 02:46 PM
    Having experienced both on both of my Passport devices, I have a theory:

Charging overnight is the problem. When the battery gets to 100%, it starts to blip-charge, which increases internal resistance and reduces capacity.

These days I use a top up charging strategy and battery lasts two days with light to medium usage or one day heavy usage.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    What's a top up strategy entail?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-02-16 03:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're either running iOS 10 on iphone4 or you're device is faulty.
    The iPhone can kill all BB10 devices at battery performance, I once owned a 6, if you turn on battery saving and lightly use it, it can get through a day ending up with 85+% battery life left. My friends who have like almost 40-50 apps installed on their phones still have no problem getting 1.5 days. While on BB10 I can't even name 10 usable apps.
    11-03-16 02:18 AM
    No complaints from my side. 65% after 12 hours and moderate use.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Battery is NOT great!  So disappointed!  :-/-img_20161103_203723.png   Battery is NOT great!  So disappointed!  :-/-newdesign-header.jpg  
    11-03-16 03:38 PM
    How do you that? Do you have Android apps? Mine last about 12-15 hrs

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 06:40 PM
62 123