Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hey all, I recently picked up a new passport off Amazon. The device was factory sealed and came with the paperwork showing it was new. When I loaded the device up and got it going the battery per the monitor shows even discharge, however it's only lasting about 10 - 12 hours and most the time the device is in standby.

Based on the research I have done I was expecting around a 25 hour plus charge cycle. Any insights from the community would be appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-19 07:50 PM
    Hey all, I recently picked up a new passport off Amazon. The device was factory sealed and came with the paperwork showing it was new. When I loaded the device up and got it going the battery per the monitor shows even discharge, however it's only lasting about 10 - 12 hours and most the time the device is in standby.

Based on the research I have done I was expecting around a 25 hour plus charge cycle. Any insights from the community would be appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    Do you run the last update?
    09-17-19 11:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Depends on usage.

I got between 8 and 16 hours depending on my day.

You may have a 4 year old battery though.

Go to device monitor, CPU, current. If it idles at less than 5% it means that no software on the device is running wild.
    09-18-19 12:22 AM
    I'll check that out, I had a peak at the historical CPU monitor and seems to be around 40% at idle so there has to be something driving that usage!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-19 05:03 AM
    I'll check that out, I had a peak at the historical CPU monitor and seems to be around 40% at idle so there has to be something driving that usage!

Posted via CB10
    Reboot the device and give it 10 minutes to settle. If the number is still higher than 5% at that point, post a screenshot.
    09-18-19 08:49 AM
    Reset the device see what it runs like tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-19 07:15 PM
    Limit Android apps too.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-19 07:47 PM
    I recently bought 3x brand new Blackberry Classics, all sealed just like yours.

On all 3x the battery was near 0%.

It took a couple of charge/discharge cycles for the battery to achieve full power potential. Also during the first few charging cycles I had the feeling that the battery got rather hot. For sure hotter than now several months later in everyday use.

Therefore I recommend charging on/off, perhaps charging 30 minutes and let it cool a bit and then charging again, at least until the battery reaches 50%. I claim to have no scientific knowledge or similar behind this, it is just based on my feeling, that this would be a benefit.

Main thing all 3x of my Classics have a strong battery now and appear to have the same mAh capacity as if they came fresh out of the factory.

I had a small problem with one of the 2x that I keep for backup. Because I keep 2x of these phones as backup, I rarely turn them on. So they just sit there unused and the battery self discharges while turned off via a natural process (that is what batteries do).

So one of them started shutting off around 60% displayed capacity. I was able to correct this by opening the phone and disconnecting/connecting the phone with a run down battery. Then I charged the battery, then disconnected/connected the battery, then discharged it and repeated the process. As a result, this battery now is just as strong as in the other phones. I have tested it and measured how long it takes to discharge, which is basically the same on all 3x phones.
    Last edited by WES51; 09-19-19 at 11:17 AM.
    09-19-19 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the note on the classic that's great to hear I'm hoping that after a few charge cycles this thing will be rocking it! I am loving the phone it's such a productive OS.

Posted via CB10
    WES51 likes this.
    09-19-19 03:20 PM
    I have 3 android apps: FB Lite, Messenger Lite and WhatsApp. And quite a few native apps from BBW. No issue with my SE battery at all! Btw this phone is my daily driver!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-19 04:27 PM
    Well I have given the different charging intervals a go and reset the device and I'm seeing a big improvement appears to just be the battery getting back to life after being still for s long. Thanks again to everyone for your insights into this one!

Posted via CB10
    WES51 likes this.
    09-20-19 07:51 AM
    My Passport still gets two days usage on a charge on the original battery, (but I am a light user, mostly just light texting, emails and an occasional video)
    09-20-19 08:28 AM