Hello! I just got a second hand BlackBerry Passport Silver edition yesterday, and although the phone works flawlessly, the battery life is horrible.. and the devide heats a lot when using it. Before I got it it was used for two months and according to its previous owner the battery lasted two days and he never had a problem. But this device has been turned off without battery for 5 and a half months aprox. I've been reading a lot of forums and I see that the exagerated low battery and the heating are quite common among the passports SE. But I don't know how to solve it. I've been trying to install an update trough BlackBerry Link but there are no updates available. And honestly I don't know what to do. I don't have android apps, and when checking, there are not any apps that are consuming battery. Just the screen, the system and the "waiting mode" (modo de espera in Spain). And I have BBVE and it says the battery is in a good condition. How can I fix this..? Please help..!

pd: i don't have any screen shots right now but if I use the passport for 5 minutes it just eats a good 10% of the battery.
    03-24-17 06:32 PM
    I read reports that OS 10.3.3 may have these issues:

BlackBerry investigating device performance issues with BlackBerry 10.3.3 update | CrackBerry.com

If you are at this upgrade level, there is no solution for now.

Personally, I've rebooted the device. I also noticed one or two apps that I rarely use have also caused the heating up issue. I have also closed apps (Settings + App Manager) that I thought were taking up a lot of CPU cycles for no reason (usually were Android based).

Sorry can' tbe of more assistance.
    03-24-17 08:44 PM
    I had similar issues after the Ota 10.3.3. I used an autoloader and had no further issues.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    03-24-17 10:47 PM
    Hello everybody and thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention that i Do Not have 10.3.3. My software version is 10.3.2.2474, and the SO version is 10.3.2.2639.

I've done a hard reset, and several soft resets and nothing seems to work. I have the battery saving mode on since yesterday. I charge it with o riginal charger and maybe twice or three times a day. If i use it for 10 minutes straight (whatsapp, email, I don't even have insta10) it heats a lot and the battery goes away super fast. For the rest the phone works fast and fluid and it's in a good condition. I read that people solves the issue downloading the SO 10.3.2739. But I don't know how to do that.. Any suggestions? And also, non of the apps I have goes avobe 0,9 % of battery usage. Just screen and system goe above the 1%.
    03-25-17 04:18 AM
    Try using an autoloader to reload 10.3.2

03-25-17 08:16 AM
    Try using an autoloader to reload 10.3.2

I agree with using an autoloader. My SE was acting up and a wipe and reload helped.
    03-25-17 09:45 AM
    Thanks! The truth is I'm not familiar with what an autoloader is, how to do it, or where to get it.. could you give me a link and some instructions please...? Or the link to instructions. I'm quite lost about what I need to do and how...! Also thank you for you reply
    03-25-17 06:25 PM
    Did you transfer any data from an older BlackBerry device before this one?

Warning : the autoloader and any form of OS reload will reset your phone to new condition so you'll lose all your data. Backup any data you need before.

Instead of using an autoloader, try using BlackBerry Link to do the OS reload. Here are the instructions

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000034045

The first few days it's normal for your device to be hot and then battery life won't be amazing. Usually by day 3 it should be great.

If you want to troubleshoot some more, use your device for a few hours and take a screenshot from the device monitor so we can see which apps are using the most battery.
    03-25-17 08:10 PM
    Instead of using an autoloader, try using BlackBerry Link to do the OS reload.
    It's the same process, just that autoloaders don't have Link as the single point of failure.
    03-26-17 01:36 AM
    Thanks! The truth is I'm not familiar with what an autoloader is, how to do it, or where to get it.. could you give me a link and some instructions please...? Or the link to instructions. I'm quite lost about what I need to do and how...! Also thank you for you reply
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    03-26-17 01:37 AM
    From BlackBerry Support:
    Likewise, it could be that the on-device battery meter is off-sync with the actual battery charge.
    Connect to your OEM wall outlet battery charger and while still connected and powered on, reboot the Passport as directed above. After reboot leave to fully charge to 100%.
    This will reset the false charge reading. You may need to do perform this procedure 2-3 times

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 03:47 AM
    Thank you, I'll try to reload the OS and I'll let you know how that worked out!
    03-26-17 04:31 PM