So I've had a Blackberry since January 2016, and I like it, I know how to do everything on it just fine, and while I wish some apps (FB / Instagram / Tinder) worked a bit better without constant manual upgrading outside BB10 it's mostly fine.

However, I'm noticing I only really ever get 3-4 hours of battery life these days if I am using the phone constantly. Is this normal after 18 months? Do I need to get a new battery? Get a new phone entirely? And if so, is the best bet now just a new Passport, or is there something actually worth getting now for a user who loves the hub and the keyboard?
    08-22-16 12:56 AM
    So I've had a Blackberry since January 2016, and I like it, I know how to do everything on it just fine, and while I wish some apps (FB / Instagram / Tinder) worked a bit better without constant manual upgrading outside BB10 it's mostly fine.

However, I'm noticing I only really ever get 3-4 hours of battery life these days if I am using the phone constantly. Is this normal after 18 months? Do I need to get a new battery? Get a new phone entirely? And if so, is the best bet now just a new Passport, or is there something actually worth getting now for a user who loves the hub and the keyboard?
    Search for BlackBerry 10 Engineering Screen.
    There is a menu option somewhere in there that will tell you how healthy, in percent, your battery is.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 02:53 AM
    Post a screenshot of your device monitor so we can see what is draining your battery so much

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-22-16 03:05 AM
    Search for BlackBerry 10 Engineering Screen.
    There is a menu option somewhere in there that will tell you how healthy, in percent, your battery is.

Posted via CB10
    Would you know what it means when it says:

Battery level: -1

That's what pops up when I type escreen on the web.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    08-22-16 08:53 AM
    They makes tablets for a good reason but I would do as recommends. Check your passport monitors, there could be an app going crazy and even a brand new battery can malfunction. I have seen hours of training on battery construction and how to test them. There more to them than you think and you can't just go with a state of charge or a manufacture date. That what not to do.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    08-22-16 09:27 AM
    So I've had a Blackberry since January 2016...
    I'm noticing I only really ever get 3-4 hours of battery life these days if I am using the phone constantly. Is this normal after 18 months? Do I need to get a new battery? Get a new phone entirely? And if so, is the best bet now just a new Passport, or is there something actually worth getting now for a user who loves the hub and the keyboard?
    This is not normal. This can be caused by Android apps. When I had this issue, I wiped and reloaded the software. The battery should last all day again.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 09:55 AM
    Would you know what it means when it says:

Battery level: -1

That's what pops up when I type escreen on the web.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    I don't know what that means, but follow all the instructions and you will be able to see more info about the battery:

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Once you enter the code in the last step, you will see the "Diagnostic Screen". From there, navigate to:

>> OS Engineering Screen
    >> Battery
    >> Battery Monitoring Screen

You will then be presented with several battery attributes.
    08-22-16 10:26 AM
    If I wipe and reload from my backup on Link should that be a decent attempt? The thing is just getting buggy and crappy in general.

I also know that it doesn't help I absolutely cannot find an actual phone charger down here in Brazil that actually works correctly with Blackberry, can that be an issue? Maybe it thinks it's at 100% but it's not getting the real charge?
    08-22-16 04:40 PM
    Here you go:

Battery life after 18 months? Do I need to upgrade, and how?-img_20160822_183805.jpgBattery life after 18 months? Do I need to upgrade, and how?-img_20160822_183758.jpgBattery life after 18 months? Do I need to upgrade, and how?-img_20160822_183744.jpgBattery life after 18 months? Do I need to upgrade, and how?-img_20160822_183740.jpg
    08-22-16 04:41 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of the CPU and Battery tabs of device monitor?
    08-22-16 04:53 PM
    Battery tabs already posted in reply above. Here's CPU
    Battery life after 18 months? Do I need to upgrade, and how?-img_20160822_214144.jpg
    08-22-16 07:44 PM
    Also, is there any downside to just wiping and starting over anyway? Might run faster in general?
    08-22-16 08:51 PM
    It's hard to see from your screens but I think an Android app could be the reason. Can you download CCleaner and from the App Manager screen uninstall any apps that have a "Auto-startup" or "Background service" label? If you don't want to uninstall them you could also try closing the apps from the CPU tab of Device Monitor (you might have to open the app first to see it).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12560074

If you see improvements in battery life it's possible one of the apps you've uninstalled/disabled is causing the drain.
    08-22-16 11:53 PM