I received my BlackBerry Passport a few days ago and I am very impressed so far. The only thing I am disappointed with is the relatively poor battery life of the device.

I am running the OS version 10.3.0.908 and with heavy use it probably won't survive an entire work day/10h. Actually I think the battery live can be compared to the Q10. (shouldn't it be much better?) I also noticed that in stand by mode the device uses quite a lot of juice. I didn't charge my Passport over night an it lost between 12-15 % of power...

Is this a faulty device? I am considering to send it back an order a replacement unit, but I am not sure yet. What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:03 AM
    You can see extensive statistics about battery drain and such in the device monitor.
    I've deleted a few apps because of that.
    Amazon music for example consuming resources, although I hadn't used it for at least 2 weeks. Probably frequently checking online for updates of my library or something like that.
    By deleting half a dozen apps, my battery duration almost doubled!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:20 AM
    Hello,
    You do realize that in the first few days of setting up accounts, contacts, email accounts etc., your phone will be quite busy trying to synchronize everything before finally optimizing on battery life... give it a few days and you should begin to see the difference. *also check to see if you have any running apps in the background, Android apps can sometimes be the culprit!
    I hope that this helps, let us know what happens in a few more days.

Posted via CB10
    naveedk likes this.
    01-05-15 03:54 AM