IMHO, the benefits of long battery life diminish quickly after it passes a full days mark. So having 3 days worth of battery life is only marginally better than having 1.5 days.... at this point, the other factors become more important in the equation.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    howarmat and Chrisy like this.
    01-15-15 03:38 PM
    I have a screen timeout of 20 seconds and a screen brightness of around 20-30%. I have four email adresses. A facebook, instagram (using igran), Gtalk, viber, twitter and yahoo messenger account.

I am have LTE, wifi, bluetooth and location services all on. I receive hundreds of emails combined from my three accounts. My bluetooth is always paired to my Pebble watch. When I got my Passport, I haven't opened my desktop mail client and have used Blend extensively.

I do get18-20 hours battery life on my phone. Sometimes it even goes to 1.5 days. I found that having the brightness to 50% or higher will drain your battery fast. 20% Brightness is sufficient since the Passport does have ambient light sensors which adjust based on how bright your surroundings are.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:33 PM
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus & Passport. I use them virtually the same way, and have virtually all the same apps on each (those that I use).

The OS on both devices are the current defaults from the carrier & manufacturer directly, respectively.
    I find it odd that with my iPhone 6 Plus, I can get up to almost 3 days battery life. Seriously...

With my Passport, I get about a day and a 1/2 battery life. I'm actually looking for more battery life from my Passport. I suppose in a way, the iPhone 6 Plus has me spoilt a little.

What's you average battery life with your Passport?
    You must have the beast of all beasts with the 6 Plus. I've had both and the 6 Plus goes on the charger once a day. Had the PP for a week and it went every other day! I can't even imagine what it would be like once the PP settled in and synched everything

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:06 PM
    Lol 3 days on an iPhone.

Hilarious

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah I feel the same too...bla bla bla..

Anyway this Passport Beast has the best battery life so far as I'm concern!

Blackberry Passport makes it easier..
    01-16-15 09:12 PM
    iOS is so advanced when it comes to battery conservation. It's standby time is awesome, it can stay weeks, without getting switched off. I hope BB 10, will give us iPhone like standby time.

Posted via Q10
    01-16-15 09:29 PM
    It's the Android runtime. Android apps can take away half my battery in just an hour. So dumb.

And there are memory leaks all over 10.3 for Passport. It's a mess of an OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:49 PM
    Well, well, well. In the end, it boils down to which one you really like the most and not the battery life. Unless you come from a planet with a 72 hour day. Here is 24 hours and usually you sleep between 4 to 8 hours on average out of those 24, so in the 16+ hours of your day which one suits you best will depend on what you use your phone for. Perhaps is the iPhone, or maybe the Passport, for me is the Passport. How about you?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    01-16-15 11:26 PM
    I have a screen timeout of 20 seconds and a screen brightness of around 20-30%. I have four email adresses. A facebook, instagram (using igran), Gtalk, viber, twitter and yahoo messenger account.

I am have LTE, wifi, bluetooth and location services all on. I receive hundreds of emails combined from my three accounts. My bluetooth is always paired to my Pebble watch. When I got my Passport, I haven't opened my desktop mail client and have used Blend extensively.

I do get18-20 hours battery life on my phone. Sometimes it even goes to 1.5 days. I found that having the brightness to 50% or higher will drain your battery fast. 20% Brightness is sufficient since the Passport does have ambient light sensors which adjust based on how bright your surroundings are.

Posted via CB10
    I had reduced brightness to 30% but found it tiring to my eyes. I switched back to 50%.
    If you use blend you likely do not use the passport screen (I am not sure, I do not use blend).
    The screen consumes the most power, so everyone's battery life is mostly dictated by their screen use, screen brightness and screen timeout setting.
    I once flew from LA to Toronto and edited and corrected a 20-page long paper on my passport while listening to music on the passport. In those 5 hours of continuous use I drained my battery from 90% to 20%.
    I do not use my phone to talk, I use it as I would a laptop, all day.
    I only use my laptop/work computer to do real design work.
    �n that scenario the passport battery never lasts more than 16-18 hours.
    01-16-15 11:39 PM
    Well, well, well. In the end, it boils down to which one you really like the most and not the battery life. Unless you come from a planet with a 72 hour day. Here is 24 hours and usually you sleep between 4 to 8 hours on average out of those 24, so in the 16+ hours of your day which one suits you best will depend on what you use your phone for. Perhaps is the iPhone, or maybe the Passport, for me is the Passport. How about you?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    What? If it were reversed, and the Passport were lasting twice as long as the 6-Plus, you would be speaking of its importance. Try to remain at least a little objective. No room for apologists in the tech wars.

Posted via CB10
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    01-17-15 12:17 AM
    Well, for me, it does not matter that much. As long as the phone lasts for a good 16 hours a day, it's good. More than that just a waste of juice because I plug it in at night anyway.

The 6+, with the same amount of screen time would last the same as a passport IMO (given that other things are the same). BB10 tends to consume more battery life because of android apps while on iOS, the apps are kind of optimized for it so no comparison there.

People are getting different results because they are using different things on their phones. There's no universal thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 07:50 PM
    What? If it were reversed, and the Passport were lasting twice as long as the 6-Plus, you would be speaking of its importance. Try to remain at least a little objective. No room for apologists in the tech wars.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest I kind of agree with him.
    I don't care if my battery lasts a month as long as it gets me through the day I put it on the charger at night and I'm good to go for the next day.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-18-15 02:27 AM
    I simply deleted those few apps, that drained the battery the most.
    Amazon Music, for instance, was sometimes draining more than 10%, although I hadn't actively used it at all. Probably frequently was checking for downloads or something like that.
    My battery duration almost doubled, after deleting only 4 or 5 apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:54 AM
    To be honest I kind of agree with him.
    I don't care if my battery lasts a month as long as it gets me through the day I put it on the charger at night and I'm good to go for the next day.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    I don't buy it that at all. Maybe you're the one person. But 99% of Crackberry has been singing praises for the Passport's ample battery life. But as soon as someone has more, then it's no big deal?

That being said, my battery life is great on the Passport if I don't install android apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:33 PM
    Ahah 3 days of battery life on an iPhone.

Yah, and I have 3 unicorns in my backyard...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:38 PM
    I really don't get the chest bumping over more than one day of battery use. You go to sleep so put it on the charger. If the phone I'm using lasts a full day then that's all I need. Why people think that having more than a day of battery life is something to need is beyond me. Yes there are certain times when you might not have a charger, but they are very rare.
    01-18-15 04:03 PM
    My friend has a xperia z phone and her battery lasts for several days. It is so amazing.

But when I see the way she uses her phone, it explained a lot. Wifi, 3g, gps off all the time, very few sms and call. Her smartphone acts as an simple nokia 1100 and that is why her battery can last such that long.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 08:13 PM
    My friend has a xperia z phone and her battery lasts for several days. It is so amazing.

But when I see the way she uses her phone, it explained a lot. Wifi, 3g, gps off all the time, very few sms and call. Her smartphone acts as an simple nokia 1100 and that is why her battery can last such that long.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, sounds like the Z10 battery saving tips that are posted all the time. Sounds like this: "I don't get the complaints about the Z10 battery life. I get 3 days on my Z10, all you have to do is shut every feature off on the phone and never use it."
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    01-18-15 10:47 PM
    Light to moderate use today. With normal usage, I'm typically at 50% at the end of the day.

Passport w latest 2072 leak.

When people start comparing the iPhone to Blackberry, I feel like it's a compliment.

Battery: iPhone 6 Plus & Passport-img_20150119_002421.png

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 02:30 AM
    Don't own a Passport, but I regularly get between 2.5 to 3 days from my 6+ depending on use.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and reeneebob like this.
    01-19-15 03:10 AM
    Ahah 3 days of battery life on an iPhone.

Yah, and I have 3 unicorns in my backyard...

Posted via CB10
    So that's where my unicorn went

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 03:12 AM
    Yeah multiple 6 Plus users are all wrong. Yep. That's it.

Tapatalked from my iPhone 6+ primary line, my iPad Air 4G, my backup Nexus 5 or my work issued Xperia Z3C.
    01-19-15 06:58 AM
    Is everyone really arguing about batteries that last almost a whole day if not more? As long as the phone has enough juice to get me through the day ( when i wake up to whenever i go to sleep) then i'm happy. I think arguing more then that and people are grasping at straws.
    01-19-15 11:33 AM
    I have a 6 plus and the PP.....my iPhone will not last 8 hours if I'm USING It!!! PP last until I get home 12-16 hours later with at least 30-40% left.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 11:53 AM
    I have a 6 plus and the PP.....my iPhone will not last 8 hours if I'm USING It!!! PP last until I get home 12-16 hours later with at least 30-40% left.

Posted via CB10
    What are you doing on your iPhone that you are not doing on the PP? for instance, do you have any games or apps that you don't have on your PP?

Are you using the phones the exact same way and with the exact same settings?

I'm not trying to say you're lying, just asking for information purposes
    01-19-15 11:58 AM
    What are you doing on your iPhone that you are not doing on the PP? for instance, do you have any games or apps that you don't have on your PP?

Are you using the phones the exact same way and with the exact same settings?

I'm not trying to say you're lying, just asking for information purposes
    I had the iPhone plus long before the PP. With the iPhone my day consist of emails, text, IG, BBM, Facebook, xfinity GO (watching movies), occasional youtube oh and of course numerous phone calls! Now on to the PP same usage but I don't have IG instead I use iGrann Pro, I use CB10 (not on iphone) a lot, I'm with AT&T 30GB data plan (used 14GB this month so far with 16 days left until it starts over)....and of course now I use the PP all the time and the iPhone is in the glove box until I pull it out to make sure no one stole it bc I left it in the car all night!

PS

I don't have a USB charger in my car....but of course I had to buy 3 iphone charger to have one everywhere I go!

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Battery: iPhone 6 Plus & Passport-img_20150119_142746.jpg  
    Last edited by shai404; 01-19-15 at 05:15 PM.
    01-19-15 01:28 PM
96 1234