Hi everyone,
    My PP OG normally lasts around 6.0 - 6.5 hours of usage (not standby) per charge until it is completely drained.
    How about you guys? Anyone getting longer or shorter than this?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 10:01 PM
    I'm experiencing a similar issue. From fully charged to about 8% left I get about 10 hours. I really think something is wrong considering everyone raves about the Passport's battery. This prompted me to make a thread. I'm trying to see if this is an issue I can resolve.
    letrantrung likes this.
    11-21-15 10:05 PM
    I'm experiencing a similar issue. From fully charged to about 8% left I get about 10 hours. I really think something is wrong considering everyone raves about the Passport's battery. This prompted me to make a thread. I'm trying to see if this is an issue I can resolve.
    Thanks Thanasi. I never get to the level of 10 hours of usage per charge . If it is usage + standby, I think it is similar to my current PP OG now.
    I just expect around 7.0 - 8.0 hours of usage and around 12 hours of usage + standby.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 10:51 PM
    Thanks Thanasi. I never get to the level of 10 hours of usage per charge . If it is usage + standby, I think it is similar to my current PP OG now.
    I just expect around 7.0 - 8.0 hours of usage and around 12 hours of usage + standby.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not getting 10 hours of pure usage. My battery life seems to cap out at 10 hours with use and standby. These figures just don't seem good enough for me.
    letrantrung likes this.
    11-21-15 11:15 PM
    I'm charging only every 2 days. Granted I use device blend when I'm at work, and lots face down on my desk, but I still pick it up and use it a lot throughout the day.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:29 AM
    I also use my passport a lot through out the day also and easily getting a day and a half to two days I so love this battery.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:43 AM
    You guys should probably look at Android apps that are constantly running, check your app permissions for running in background or running when minimized.

With heavy use, I'm still averaging at least 14 hours at min.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 09:53 AM
    It's all dependent on usage and usage of certain apps.
    I have ranges from 6 hours of usage to 48 hours.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 11:03 AM
    You have to show us your device monitor for us to be able to have an idea of what's going on.

Android apps will use the battery at a much higher rate than others for example. Streaming music will also use a lot of battery
    11-22-15 11:26 AM
    Heavy use(very heavy): 10 hours, with the fact that I am always chatting with my groups on BBM on the days I am off duty.
    Normal use( work days): 16-20 hours. That depends on how many people are talking to me via BBM.
    Setting: data always on. Location on. BlueTooth on. The brightness of screen is set to 40%. Never on battery saving mode. I did turn off the BlackBerry Assistant.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:01 PM
    I get a full day. Unplug at 6am and plug back in around 10 or so. Android app use kills the battery. An hour or so of clash of clans will take a good 30% off my battery.

Posted via CB10
    harishbenne likes this.
    11-22-15 08:13 PM
    You guys should probably look at Android apps that are constantly running, check your app permissions for running in background or running when minimized.

With heavy use, I'm still averaging at least 14 hours at min.

Posted via CB10
    Same here 15 hours with heavy use!!

Posted via CB10
    Wrec likes this.
    11-23-15 12:48 AM
    I'm running my BlackBerry Passport with a good minimum of 1 day battery backup even with heavy use.

My fundamental concept is simple: turn off all sensors (Especially location services and NFC) when not in use, use moderate brightness, running too many android apps will drain battery faster (if you're running Google Play Services you'll be a wall hugger, it's an android fish, no need to complain BlackBerry for that), too much of Web browsing will reduce battery life in any mobile phone by 10-15% (especially if you're browsing lot of dynamic content on web pages).

If I stick to my communications majorly on my BlackBerry, it'll last for almost 2 full days. (Communications for me mean fb, twitter, Instagram, 4 mailboxes with approx 60-90 mails per mailbox, around a 300 whatsapp messages and fair enough browsing for checking account balances or transfers).

There are days when I use Lotta Web browsing surfing videos from YouTube, it'll have a battery life of maybe 6-7 hours. But a day is fair enough for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 02:50 AM