10-09-16 02:29 PM
29 12
tools
    To confirm when reading battery stats the Screen should be first followed by OS correct.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 09:47 AM
    Look, I don't know where this battery conditioning myth comes from. It may have been necessary with NiCd batteries, but with the Lithium chemistry ones any sort of "conditioning" is unnecessary. You're just chewing up the battery life. That's not to say you shouldn't fully charge up your new device the first time you get it!

Anyways, it is temporarily solved for me. Can also refer to this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-off-1088108/

Basically it looks like it is coming down to the SD card. My SE seems just fine when sitting off at night when I removed the SD card. The 'net has plenty of anecdotal stories (not Blackberry only) and I can see a reason why this might happen. My previous cards have been pretty low capacity < 8GB but this one was a bigger 32GB Samsung Evo.

Will do more testing to confirm, but I'm fairly certain this is it. Also it would be the only significant difference between warehouse storage and my drawer.
    10-08-16 04:26 PM
    Do not ever do this ever. Well if you want to drastically shorten the life span of your battery then go ahead. Lithium ion batteries when drained to 0 cause damages to the internal cells of the battery. This is permanent. Every time you do this you destroy cells each time making your battery lose charge cycles and its overall number of cells even able to charge. This isn't the OP's problem, It makes no sense as to why it drains when off unless the unit isn't fully powering down.
    This has been mentioned in post #20 already but here again.
    For a new phone or new battery, fully discharge then recharge to 100%. Repeat this cycle 2 or 3 times to allow the phone software to calibrate the battery power. Repeat the cycle once every few months for the same purpose.

There are quite a few people with battery drainage while phones are off. I wonder if they have done the above. After doing so, if the battery still behaves the same way, a RMA should be in order.

I believe BlackBerry had the batteries in one order 2 years ago for cost reason. After 2 years, a little problem can be expected.

Posted from my  Passport
    10-09-16 09:45 AM
    This has been mentioned in post #20 already but here again.
    For a new phone or new battery, fully discharge then recharge to 100%. Repeat this cycle 2 or 3 times to allow the phone software to calibrate the battery power. Repeat the cycle once every few months for the same purpose.

There are quite a few people with battery drainage while phones are off. I wonder if they have done the above. After doing so, if the battery still behaves the same way, a RMA should be in order.

I believe BlackBerry had the batteries in one order 2 years ago for cost reason. After 2 years, a little problem can be expected.

Posted from my  Passport
    Lithium ion batteries require NO conditioning whatsoever and you should avoid discharging below 15% as much as you possibly can. If I were the OP, I would reload the OS or, better yet, use an autoloader to install the latest OS. 10.3.2.2813 would be a decent choice.
    10-09-16 02:29 PM
29 12