I am only occasionally using my BB Passport SE so I turn it off when I am not using it. The problem is that the phone drains the same amount of battery off as it does on. I turned off my fully charged Passport SE and when I turn it back on 3 days later, 50% of the battery is drained. This is the same amount of battery drain as when the device is on but not used. What is going on?

I also left the Passport off for a week and when I tried to open it, all the battery was drained
    09-30-16 07:30 PM
    I had the same thing. For me, it was the microSD card causing the drain. One I removed it, the drain stopped. (I had a SanDisk 64GB ultra card).
    Searchy likes this.
    09-30-16 07:36 PM
    No microSD card inserted Thanks for trying to help!
    09-30-16 07:40 PM
    Has you tried soft reboot/reset? Hold the vol up & down button until the BlackBerry logo came out then wait for a few minutes then see how the CPU's act. I had this problem too a while ago & Soft reboot/reset solved it. Good luck.

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    Searchy and Saiyah like this.
    09-30-16 08:19 PM
    Are you turning the phone right off, as in holding the power button down until the phone turns completely off rather than putting it into bedside mode?

Bedside mode simply puts the phone into a standby mode which will still drain the battery although at a much slower rate.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    10-01-16 08:46 AM
    I hope this solves my problem! Last night, I turned the phone off and it used 6% battery. This in my experience is the same amount of battery the phone would use if it was in bedside mode! Please let this be the solution :fingerscrossed:
    10-01-16 10:21 AM
    If it's draining that fast while off I'd say you have a weak/defective battery. As far as when the phone is on, check Device Monitor and see what's using all the juice

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 10:24 AM
    If it's draining that fast while off I'd say you have a weak/defective battery. As far as when the phone is on, check Device Monitor and see what's using all the juice

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    10-02-16 10:14 AM
    I am starting to feel that there is something very wrong with BB10's software. I fully charged the phone and then turned the phone off and left it off for 42 hours. When I turned the phone back on, only 54% remained. I then left the phone on for 8 hours and came back to 48% battery. Apparently, the phone uses more battery off than on! The phone used 46% in 42 hours or approximately 1% per hour when off. When on, the phone used only 6% or 0.8% per hour. This makes no sense!
    10-04-16 11:16 PM
    I can tell you I have used my phone since 7:30am and I now have about 5 % left. Never had a phone with better battery life
    I am diligent at not letting apps run in the background (app permissions).
    Don't have any app store loaded except stock BlackBerry world and amazon.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-04-16 11:32 PM
    Yes, the BlackBerry Passport has amazing battery life and gets me through the day. However, that is ONLY when I am actually using the phone. When the phone is completely shutdown and powered off, it drains battery FASTER than when the phone is ON. I am baffled as to why this is the case.
    10-05-16 11:23 AM
    Typically, a battery is going to discharge itself whether it's actually being used or not - all you have to do is try using something that has been sitting around for a while with an old battery in it to see that (or leave a car unused for a long while). Now I will admit that I'm new to Blackberry and don't own one yet, but I would assume their tech is similar to everything else in that even in an off status, there is some amount of battery drain. Losing half the battery while off in a two day period would seem to indicate, to me at any rate, that you probably have a faulty battery. Even my nearly five year old Galaxy S4 gets me 2 to 2 1/2 days of use out of a charge and that's on the original battery with the phone left on (I know it's not the same as a Passport, but still).
    10-05-16 03:35 PM
    OP your case sounds not the norm. If it drains in one night then something is wrong. Perhaps the phone is not actually turning off and is in a sleep state. I would maybe call support if that's an option. Just my 2cents

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-05-16 03:41 PM
    I just got my passport brand new this week. Battery doesn't last a full day. I bought it cos I heard rave reviews about the battery but not getting the same results. I've turned off all background apps and all that. What! do you think the problem is

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 04:49 PM
    Don't shut off the phone?

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2639
    10-05-16 05:29 PM
    With any device Battery life is based on the user. Some get all day and some don't. I personally keep battery saver mode on. Lower the screen brightness to around 30. With normal email, calls, and text usage my passport can go a couple days between charges. If I want to play a game I just pick up my Priv

Posted via CB10
    MrSuit likes this.
    10-05-16 07:40 PM
    I am starting to feel that there is something very wrong with BB10's software. I fully charged the phone and then turned the phone off and left it off for 42 hours. When I turned the phone back on, only 54% remained. I then left the phone on for 8 hours and came back to 48% battery. Apparently, the phone uses more battery off than on! The phone used 46% in 42 hours or approximately 1% per hour when off. When on, the phone used only 6% or 0.8% per hour. This makes no sense!
    Mine i charged it fully to 100% and then i turned it off . I Left it for 10 days in the power off state and when I turned it back on, it was dead. This Passport SE is brand new.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 03:07 PM
    The phone needs to do some indexing and learning in the first while. The battery does get better after a week.
    I just got my passport brand new this week. Battery doesn't last a full day. I bought it cos I heard rave reviews about the battery but not getting the same results. I've turned off all background apps and all that. What! do you think the problem is

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 03:13 PM
    The phone needs to do some indexing and learning in the first while. The battery does get better after a week.
    When off?
    10-07-16 01:06 AM
    What's the state of charge on these new Passport SEs when they arrive from BlackBerry?
    I ask, because I got a 'firesale' Passport (white, now returned) from BlackBerry recently, and when it turned up, the battery was down to 2%... Not a good state to store it in.

I'd install Battery Guru from BlackBerry World and let it analyse the battery.

This sounds like a fault in firmware or worse, battery hardware - either might cause the OS to incorrectly report the battery charge level. Have you run the battery down until the device shuts down, and then kept turning it back on until you see the 'empty battery' icon on screen, then fully charged it whilst off? This could help recalibrate the charge meter.

Firmware issues should be rectified by reinstalling the OS via Link or autoloader.

Failing that, return it while you can.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 02:09 AM
    This sounds like a fault in firmware or worse, battery hardware - either might cause the OS to incorrectly report the battery charge level. Have you run the battery down until the device shuts down, and then kept turning it back on until you see the 'empty battery' icon on screen, then fully charged it whilst off? This could help recalibrate the charge meter.
    Posted via CB10
    Thank you for this suggestion. I will try it and report back! I am pretty desperate to find a way to store my Passport SE and any future Passport SE's I may get. I have 2 Z10s and they store great because you can take their battery out! But the Passport's battery is non removable which is really troubling. This is why I would much rather have a removable battery than a non removable battery.

Thank you again for the suggestion!
    10-07-16 10:06 AM
    This has been mentioned in post #20 already but here again.
    For a new phone or new battery, fully discharge then recharge to 100%. Repeat this cycle 2 or 3 times to allow the phone software to calibrate the battery power. Repeat the cycle once every few months for the same purpose.

There are quite a few people with battery drainage while phones are off. I wonder if they have done the above. After doing so, if the battery still behaves the same way, a RMA should be in order.

I believe BlackBerry had the batteries in one order 2 years ago for cost reason. After 2 years, a little problem can be expected.

Posted from my  Passport
    10-07-16 11:03 AM
    Yes, but when my SE arrived, it had obviously been sitting in a warehouse OFF. Yet there was sufficient charge for me to boot it up and set it up including OS update.

After the phone has been on and activated, somehow it cannot last in the OFF state? Doesn't make sense unless there is some firmware bug which doesn't fully power down everything.

Neither my PlayBook nor my Z30 have this issue. Never had to do any sort of "battery conditioning" on those devices

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-07-16 05:27 PM
    I'm not too sure what to tell you. The Passport I once owned (and used as my main phone) had zero issues with battery drain, especially not when it was off.
    10-07-16 05:45 PM
    Yes, but when my SE arrived, it had obviously been sitting in a warehouse OFF. Yet there was sufficient charge for me to boot it up and set it up including OS update.

After the phone has been on and activated, somehow it cannot last in the OFF state? Doesn't make sense unless there is some firmware bug which doesn't fully power down everything.

Neither my PlayBook nor my Z30 have this issue. Never had to do any sort of "battery conditioning" on those devices

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yep, I find that quite strange as well. So if after 'battery conditioning' that still happens, that means it is not the software reading the battery wrong, and it's time for an RMA or warranty.

Posted from my  Passport
    10-08-16 08:47 AM
29 12