I hav the same problem with my passport and its run on 10.3.1779.battery doesnt lasts more than 12 hours and Its more than 6 months I have passport

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:03 PM
    Gotta be user error or a huge abundance of rogue Android apps for those of you claiming 6 hours of battery life. Even my Z10 would have about 30% left at the end of a work day. Y'all are doing something wrong.
    06-20-15 08:20 PM
    Gotta be user error or a huge abundance of rogue Android apps for those of you claiming 6 hours of battery life. Even my Z10 would have about 30% left at the end of a work day. Y'all are doing something wrong.
    Nope, using it right . Bluetooth radio connections are extremely battery expensive operations on BlackBerry 10 devices. Couple that with hundreds of bbm messages and 15 or so active chats - add in browsing, lookups, email, etc.

It isn't surprising, and I'm certainly not complaing. Just use your device more in different ways and it won't last as long . My point is a 24 hour battery life is not bad on bbry.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    06-20-15 08:43 PM
    Nope, using it right . Bluetooth radio connections are extremely battery expensive operations on BlackBerry 10 devices. Couple that with hundreds of bbm messages and 15 or so active chats - add in browsing, lookups, email, etc.

It isn't surprising, and I'm certainly not complaing. Just use your device more in different ways and it won't last as long . My point is a 24 hour battery life is not bad on bbry.

You make it sound like BlackBerry handles Bluetooth connections poorly when compared to, say, iPhone and Android devices. I'm unaware of a difference in Bluetooth performance and battery drain amongst different devices. If there is, care to explain?
    06-20-15 11:53 PM
    I'm starting to get the same problem. Today my battery dropped 30% without any usage at all!!! Even on battery saving mode and bedside mode together, my passport is still using too much power!

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    06-21-15 07:33 AM
    .1779 triggers the GPS radio to be turned on by default. No matter which network you switched to... your battery juice will still be sucked away by the GPS radio.
    06-21-15 08:00 AM
    Ah, how do I selectively disable the GPS radio?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 08:17 AM
    Go to Settings.
    Scroll till Storage.
    It's just an option below Storage.
    Click to enter.
    Check if the GPS was turned on.

Turn off.
    06-21-15 08:28 AM
    Go to Settings.
    Scroll till Storage.
    It's just an option below Storage.
    Click to enter.
    Check if the GPS was turned on.

Turn off.
    Or, you know, swipe down into quick settings and if you have location services added there you can check if it's on or not.
    06-21-15 08:44 AM
    Got that problem.
    Firstly check, if your PIMS services are under 2% of usage in the end of the day. If not - here's your culprit.

If that's the case:
    If you use gmail for anything (email, calendar, contacts or tasks), try this:

Go to settings -> accounts
    Select gmail account.

Check EACH parts of the account. In my case, there was an error message, stating the calendar is not connected to the network, although everything had to be nice.

So I deleted the calendar from gmail account (I am in transition to outlook.com anyway)

And voila - battery holds 2 days now

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    06-21-15 08:50 AM
    You make it sound like BlackBerry handles Bluetooth connections poorly ... If there is, care to explain?
    Assuming it would be worth investigating; I'd need access to their source code for the OS, a hardware teardown, and access to the source code for my BT apps to answer that question .

Or in the very least, the willingness to do a teardown of my Passport just to run a multimeter across a bluetooth radio that would be better served by Bbry doing it themselves.

06-21-15 11:43 PM
    Assuming it would be worth investigating; I'd need access to their source code for the OS, a hardware teardown, and access to the source code for my BT apps to answer that question .

Or in the very least, the willingness to do a teardown of my Passport just to run a multimeter across a bluetooth radio that would be better served by Bbry doing it themselves.

This is an important question because Bluetooth is a low power transceiver, much lower power than the cellular and WI-FI transceivers.
    The GPS receiver is also much lower power than the WI-FI and cellular transceivers.
    I don't use either, so my battery is not drained by them.
    It used to be drained by kindle and the Amazon store until I removed the kindle app and disallowed Amazon store access to my files, location, and device pin.

Do you really think that the software designer who wrote the code for Bluetooth control was so much worse than those who wrote the code for wi-fi and cellular transceiver control?

You do not need to actually measure the Bluetooth transceiver to test this.
    You can run some data transfer experiments for each one of these transceivers with the others turned off and monitor battery usage...
    06-21-15 11:57 PM
    Do you really think that the software designer who wrote the code for Bluetooth control was so much worse than those who wrote the code for wi-fi and cellular transceiver control?
    You're trying to compare apples and oranges, in my opinion, between the wifi and BT stack... There are at least four components in a BT connection to consider that come to mind. Physical radio power usage (hardware). OS power usage (bb10 os). App power usage (third part dev). And target hardware device (third party hardware). This all gets multiplied by the number of devices.

You do not need to actually measure the Bluetooth transceiver to test this.
    You can run some data transfer experiments for each one of these transceivers with the others turned off and monitor battery usage...
    I appreciate the suggestion but to be honest this isn't going to happen... Not only do I not have the time, but I honestly *truly* don't mind the battery use, I'm not the OP. With bluetooth devices connected my battery drains about twice as fast, I go through it every week with my BT devices at work and very few at home, and to be honest - I don't really worry about it.

06-22-15 12:12 AM
    Blend can be a bit draining too . But you're usually at a station of some sort with it running.

Battery draining in less than a day-img_20150623_135108.png

Regarding Bluetooth, this is with only one device attached via Bluetooth for about two hours.

Battery draining in less than a day-img_20150623_135446.png

For the last hour of life I'll attach my pebble as well.

Edit: Some info on BT use for the last few

Attachment 359162

Doubt that'll help anyone but just in case you needed the info

Last edited by KermEd; 06-23-15 at 03:34 PM.
    06-23-15 02:56 PM
    I'd echo what a few others have said: give it a while to get used to you and itself. I had a similar experience during the first few days with my Passport: projected battery life seemed to fall some way short of what I had expected. However, after, what? a couple of weeks or so? it was greatly improved. Three months in I only feel the need to charge it two or three times a week. Two factors at work: when you first power it up, it has no idea how much power it's going to require from one minute to the next so any projection of battery life is a guess; and when do you most often check your battery life? After a heavy use session, so it assumes you're going to carry on for the duration as you have done for the last hour or so. Maybe.
    06-26-15 09:09 AM
    I'd echo what a few others have said: give it a while to get used to you and itself. I had a similar experience during the first few days with my Passport: projected battery life seemed to fall some way short of what I had expected. However, after, what? a couple of weeks or so? it was greatly improved. Three months in I only feel the need to charge it two or three times a week. Two factors at work: when you first power it up, it has no idea how much power it's going to require from one minute to the next so any projection of battery life is a guess; and when do you most often check your battery life? After a heavy use session, so it assumes you're going to carry on for the duration as you have done for the last hour or so. Maybe.
    File indexing is going on behind the scenes.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 01:37 PM
    It took me a few months to get used to using my Passport and understanding it's performance.
    * Turn stuff off when you don't need them. LTE, WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth, Locations all require extra power. Blend over WiFi is an absolute battery hog. Use a USB 2.0 port if you can.
    * Sign out of any unnecessary Android apps. As others have said, you'll get stellar battery life when you run PURE NATIVE. If you have to use Android apps or have all your services on then you're going to have to live with the drain
    I now get almost 2 days.
    06-28-15 07:52 PM
    I'm trying some things but my battery life went from 1.5 days to about 4 hours around time of last official update. It's a big problem. I deleted a duplicate Gmail account ascribed to my Pebble watch -- dont ask because not sure why it's there.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 08:59 PM
    I should add that I sorted through my apps and looked for ones active when not open and turned off nearly all of them. Some of them I need -- like maps, tiny smartwatch apps. (I'm too lazy to list them but they number about 5.)

My battery still runs down about 1% per minute. My battery life is really about 1 hour if it sees any sort of use. I am starting to think that our batteries (some of them) might not last very long. Remember the ipod battery issue years ago? Apple took heat because the batteries died well before the life of the unit expired or it became obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:05 AM
    It took me a few months to get used to using my Passport and understanding it's performance.
    * Turn stuff off when you don't need them. LTE, WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth, Locations all require extra power. Blend over WiFi is an absolute battery hog. Use a USB 2.0 port if you can.
    * Sign out of any unnecessary Android apps. As others have said, you'll get stellar battery life when you run PURE NATIVE. If you have to use Android apps or have all your services on then you're going to have to live with the drain
    I now get almost 2 days.
    Any reason you specify USB 2 and not 3?
    06-30-15 11:54 AM
    Yes. USB 3.0 seems to lose connection to the Passport. Perhaps it's just my unit or my computer's port but I have found USB 2.0 is much more stable for data while USB 3.0 is great for charging my phone faster. Just my experience with a Passport under extremely heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:59 PM
    Attachment 358491

OS 10.3.1

I bought my phone 2 days ago from Rogers canada and I'm having issues with the battery because it doesn't last the full day
    Attachment 358492

Posted via CB10
    Like others have said, you need to give the passport a chance to settle. A week or so and you should be fine. It has to gather a lot of data. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-30-15 03:22 PM
    Like others have said, you need to give the passport a chance to settle. A week or so and you should be fine. It has to gather a lot of data. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Why do people just not get this?
    The battery estimate software is no different than any other OS battery estimate software.
    Not a single one can give you a true reading of your future outcome because they are based on past use and battery remaining.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:09 PM
48 12