03-04-15 11:29 AM
30 12
tools
    My passport was draining rapidly after the download update, but after a few forced reboots and days of use, it's back to its amazing battery life. Full day of hard use on Exchange Sync and email, and phones calls and I'm at 55% at 7:00pm.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:18 PM
    I am at 79% and my passport has been off power for over 12 hours. It really depends on your usage patterns. I switch to WiFi when I am in the office, turn off data, and just on power saving mode the whole time. I also quit all android apps after using them to make sure they aren't running even after I quit the app. On days where I really push it on use, I still have at least 30% by end of day...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:44 PM
    I also don't use android apps. I think I have one. In most cases I will buy a native vs getting an android app.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-03-15 11:12 PM
    I was having the same issue. Tried all sorts of things already mentioned - set all 'run when minimised' to off, removed email accounts etc. Deleting Amazon Kindle android app seemed to be the key. Back to 24 hours plus battery now, whereas was only getting 5 hours before!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:02 AM
    Guys, this. Is connected with your accounts sync. Look at PIM services (which is email/contacts account).
    This is mine after whole day:

Attachment 338488
    compare it with what you see in your cases. 9%...

Have you tried to reboot? Hard way: pressing volume up and down at same time for 5 seconds.

Do you use gmail? As it sucks a lot.

In my case, I have outlook.com account set on push, work account set on push (activesync).
    I stopped using gmail as it was f-ked up with syncing thus draining battery. Moved to outlook (there is a relocation service for that) and set gmail to autoforward all emails to outlook. One of best decisions ever.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    switching from gmail - this is definitely not true for everyone.

In my case I have (before and after update) outlook + gmail + lotus notes + facebook + whatsapp + linkedin + twitter. Only after deleting lotus notes account I have noticed stable battery work. I then put back all the rest accounts from the scratch and activated full synchronization in few hours all accounts were synchronized and PIM services stopped consuming any heavy resources. After few days of usage I have finally added my lotus account, I am waiting until now already 5 days of usage but my PIM services are still mane headache. it is using abt 30-40% (!!!) of my battery daily after update and seems that nothing is changing after time except that I am charging my phone twice per day.

It is a must to mention that before the update I had all the same settings for all my accounts and working on my passport was a great pleasure I have never before with any other smart.

At the moment this update seems to be non workable on different devices and it is causing different problems. This is quite annoying.
    Is this battery drainage normal?-20150304091902.jpg
    Is this battery drainage normal?-20150304091859.jpg
    Is this battery drainage normal?-20150304091857.jpg
    Is this battery drainage normal?-20150304091854.jpg

From attachments you can see that CPU is always working and using a lot of wifi comparing to the data.
    At the moment I can say that all emails looks quite synchronized and I have access to all my emails just as before update of OS. So I would say that emails finished with synchronization, but just after adding of lotus notes my battery drains within one day 10-11 hours actually (before update 48-60 hours)
    03-04-15 11:29 AM
30 12