I set my passport in battery saving mode before sleep and after 8 hours when I wake up, it drains from 100 % to 75%, is this normal ?
    And the passport gets heat up very often !

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 05:12 AM
    battery saving mode does not stop the apps that are running in the background from running....so yes, it is typical to run down the battery over the course of 8-10 hours of sleep. As for it heating up, do you have a steady wifi signal or is your phone always searching for one? that will make it heat up.
    07-18-16 06:32 AM
    Not normal at all. Do an os reload using BlackBerry Link. This would solve your problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 07:55 AM
    Thank you for your reply. But I've just reloaded the phone two weeks ago. I didn't installed too many blackberry native apps. And I've just installed three android apps : Google maps, wechat and a music radio app. Everyday normally I unplug the phone in the morning and after a day of use ( I'm not a heavy user), I have to recharge it before I go to sleep. Its bizarre because I thought passport could lasts for two days but as it turned out, it lasts only one day maximum.
    Here are the sreen shots of my phone :
    Is the battery drain of my passport normal?-img_20160718_120356.jpg
    Is the battery drain of my passport normal?-img_20160718_120418.jpg
    07-18-16 08:14 AM
    Thank you for your reply. Actually I seldomly turn on the wifi, I use 3g 24 hours a day. The phone just gets hot especially when I use the browser or music radio app.
    07-18-16 08:18 AM
    It can take 2 week to a month for a big battery drain to occur after a reload. You can blame the OS settling or blame apps. You can also blame CARRIER TOWERS esp if you are traveling when it happens. After that it should be a very rare occurrence with a bunch of droid apps in use. Carrier towers can do this and does with all phones. OS 2813 is the best Worldwide OS for Droid apps. Search BB10 Archive
    07-18-16 08:58 AM
    Thank you for your reply. Actually I seldomly turn on the wifi, I use 3g 24 hours a day. The phone just gets hot especially when I use the browser or music radio app.
    I see 3 things that your doing to consume battery faster than normal.

1) 2G and 3G consumes more battery than 4G or 4G LTE when your using data for anything else more than just notifications.

2) browsing consumes battery almost more than anything else you can do on a phone.

3) you said the music app was android? Android apps consume more battery than BlackBerry apps

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 09:11 AM
    My Silver Edition has no Android apps whatsoever, and yet is still losing a ton of battery to "standby". Is this normal for the first few days on .2836? Very disappointing...battery life is no better (actually worse) than Z30, which is not 'bad', but not as promised.
    08-02-16 05:36 AM
    No this is not normal at all! Please check your android apps. I had my passport with the same issue after an OS reload. But, I strongly felt doing an OS reload one more time would solve my issue. That was it! Now my passport battery lasts me for more than a day. . Please note: New phones and OS reloads would take time for the battery to settle down.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 07:23 AM
    My Silver Edition has no Android apps whatsoever, and yet is still losing a ton of battery to "standby". Is this normal for the first few days on .2836? Very disappointing...battery life is no better (actually worse) than Z30, which is not 'bad', but not as promised.
    Do you have any apps installed with the "Run in Background" permission active?
    08-02-16 09:35 AM
    Yeah that's a good suggestion. I have disabled almost every app with 'run in background' and 'run when minimised' permissions.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 09:43 AM
    I have two weather apps running with their icons on the screen. The phone barely looses anything. A stinkin solitaire game for an hour and I'm between 35-50%. Too weird.
    Every once in a while I take it out of the holster the back top is hot. Not always; not much. But for no reason.

BTW- A weak cell signal from the tower uses more power than a good one. The phone has to do a ot of searching.
    I have an NFC chip by more door to turn wifi off when I leave the house too.
    08-02-16 03:56 PM
    If you happen to use a microSD card, that could be the problem. I have a SanDisk 32GB card that drains my Passport SE battery quite a bit. The same files stored internally or on another card (I also have a 64gb card) and no drain.

I was having battery drain at night and even when the phone was powered off until I got rid of the card.
    08-02-16 08:53 PM
    I...really doubt it has anything to do with a media card man. I have had every single issue the OP described with no media card installed. And nothing similar ever on my Z30, with a media card.

I contacted BlackBerry Help today on Twitter, they did say basically look for Android apps that might be draining, and if not that, do a backup and restore via BlackBerry Link. I actually let the battery drain all the way down to nothing today and then charged, and at least the 'standby' isn't draining so much power now, it's back to a normal level. Although the battery life still doesn't seem right. OP I have also had the issue of waking up, turning phone on, and magically 10-20% is gone down. While. Turned. Off.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 03:14 AM
    1) 2G and 3G consumes more battery than 4G or 4G LTE when your using data for anything else more than just notifications.
    I can't confirm that at all. My device runs on "3G and 2G" because of "4G" consumes much more energy in standby.
    08-03-16 03:51 AM
    yeah.......I think you're right....
    08-03-16 06:48 AM
    In my own experience, rapid battery drain has occurred because of particular Android apps. As an experiment, start deleting your Android apps one by one and see if it makes a difference in your battery performance. This process-of-elimination approach recently helped me determine that the Amazon Kindle app I downloaded from the Google Play Store was to blame for my Z30 heating up and draining battery.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    08-03-16 07:47 AM
    I have no Android apps other than Pandora which is not running while minimized, and the battery drain is still pretty significant.

Here's a question : Mods please help...

This device was originally updated with no SIM (not associated with any network), then days later that was added. Any chance the SIM and update need to work together for the OS to truly settle in?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 02:11 PM