Hey Everyone,

I wanted to store my Passport since I wasn't using it, however I noted that when I power it off, it still drains battery considerably faster than it should. I pressed and held the power button down, and then I selected "Power Off" from the menu. Is this a full power off, or just some kind of psudo stand-by mode?

Is there another way to power the phone off completely so that it doesn't draw current? Ideally I want to store the phone with around a 45% battery charge to keep it in good shape, but I'm not sure how to do it if it keeps draining really fast.

Any suggestions?
    07-20-19 08:30 PM
    When I press and hold the power button there is only a countdown and the menu offers only a restart button and the option to lock the phone. The other thing is, that the battery also will loose power if the phone is completely shut down. I don't know however, how fast this happens to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-19 09:21 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I wanted to store my Passport since I wasn't using it, however I noted that when I power it off, it still drains battery considerably faster than it should. I pressed and held the power button down, and then I selected "Power Off" from the menu. Is this a full power off, or just some kind of psudo stand-by mode?

Is there another way to power the phone off completely so that it doesn't draw current? Ideally I want to store the phone with around a 45% battery charge to keep it in good shape, but I'm not sure how to do it if it keeps draining really fast.

Any suggestions?
    Make sure you put the device in Airplane mode then shut it down when its at about 70% - store in a cool, dry place.
    07-20-19 09:54 PM
    Passport is known for draining the battery even if it's turned off. Mine is at 0% after a week in the drawer.
    gamegurl likes this.
    07-21-19 12:19 AM
    I even add that for some reason BlackBerry smartphone drains battery even more being powered off.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    07-21-19 02:34 AM
    Good to hear this. I have the same problem with my Passport SE, but not with my original black one. Thought the SE had some broken component of some sort.
    07-21-19 10:52 AM