Hi everyone!!!

A few days ago bought 2 reconditioned BlackBerry PSE on Amazon, I want to know in which state of health is the battery of each one of them. I can only stay with one of them, the other will return it to Amazon or sell it.

I want to check how many charge cycles the battery has had. Is there an App (preferably free) that will show this? I know there are a lot of "battery" apps, but before I go on a wild goose chase I figured I'd ask here first.

I am now testing the Battery application but it does not show me the charging cycles. What I can do?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-16-17 01:22 PM
    I use Battery Fiction Lite and it gives the cycle count.

Don't know how accurate it is though. My Z10 with original battery is 4 years old now and when I first got the app a couple of months ago, my charge cycle count was in the 640s. Then, at some point last week, it said 6. Today it says 14.

At some point, the number reset, and I don't know when or why. Nothing about the phone has changed.

Joel
    07-16-17 01:44 PM
    I am testing the app and in both Passport SE shows 4 cycles. In my Original PP shows 53 cycles (I have since March as second phone) these measurements may make sense. If anyone knows another app would be of great help. thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-17 02:29 PM
    Sounds odd but I downloaded TrafficMonitor from BBW for speed testing but under the "Devices" tab, it shows the amount of cycles done.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 03:14 AM
    BatteryPal is free and great.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    07-17-17 10:16 AM
    I think apps can not count previous charging numbers or cycles, so most of these app's are fake

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 12:34 PM
    I think apps can not count previous charging numbers or cycles, so most of these app's are fake

Posted via CB10
    Yes, agreed...
    07-17-17 01:35 PM
    I've tried all these apps mentioned and they all agree that I have 6 charge cycles, the truth is I do not know what to think about it. Whether the measurements are real or false. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 10:12 AM
    Maybe you could test it yourself. Do a complete reset and/or run an autoloader to the phone and see if the same number of cycles remains. Let us know how it goes.
    07-18-17 11:31 PM
    Battery Guru is a good one. There were issues with cycles count in early releases of BB10 but I saw no problems in last couple years.

From Wizard QZ-7000 to Passport SE...what a journey
    07-24-17 02:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    They do not have to be fake. The API is part of the BB10 native SDK. The function is
    battery_info_get_battery_cycle_count(battery_info_ t *info)
    Return is just integer with the cycle count, it's pretty easy to use so it's hard to imagine a developer would just spit out some random number

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 04:07 PM
    Never bothered with battery apps, but I've just tried Battery Fiction Lite and BatteryPal. Cycle counts are 563 and 6 counts respectively.
    Make of that what you will. My passport is over 2 years old.
    07-25-17 05:17 AM
    A program called TOOL BOX in BlackBerry World shows the correct battery cycle count along with other data about the phone, and seems to work consistently well.
    12-17-18 09:35 AM
    shows the correct battery cycle count
    No it doesn't show the correct cycle count. I've got well over 800 cycles and it shows mine as 151. My Passport is now 4 years and 2 months old. Nice app otherwise.
    12-17-18 10:27 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Interesting. I've had my PPSE since 2015, have 558 cycles, been using the program since its inception and its been consistently right since the first time I used it at 10 cycles. However, one cannot help but be intrigued by the inconsistent performance of apps (something I've noticed while reading reviews/comments in BBW for years) depending on user.
    12-17-18 10:45 AM