Hi guys,

Received my new Passport two days ago and man it's big but beautiful. I love it so far. Two questions I cannot figure out though (No.2 was annoying the hell out of me with the Z10 as well).

1. I have set my default email account to my Gmail address. However when i hit the blue compose button in the Hub it still asks me through which accounts I want to compose. Can that not be set to standard the default email?

2. For the love of all that is holy, why is my BMM account not linked to my personal card in the address book? This means that in BBM in the contacts section I am always shown the option to add myself? What is that about, it already is my BBM account? It also annoys me that my contact card thus always gives me to option to "invite" myself to BBM!!! If I am correct, with my old 9700 BBM and contacts were always properly synced?

Thanks so much in advance!!

C.
    01-15-15 09:41 AM
    Because the HUB is a centralized centre for messaging (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, BBM, email, text messages, calls and notifications) it does not provide a 'default' for any one. This is the beauty of the HUB...within it you can compose any type of message.

The BBM account issue in your personal contact entry is a weird thing, but the Contacts apps has a lot of issues that hopefully will be rectified in future OS updates.
    01-15-15 10:09 AM
    Aha, i thought that because you can set a default email and calendar in the accounts part of the settings that that would help as well with the compose button.

Yeah that BBM thing would be a good one to get rid off soon with an update. I guess i can try to invite and accept myself. But then technically I will have me in BBM as well as myself as one of my BBM contacts.....so what, I can BBM myself then?

Thanks for the help!
    01-15-15 10:32 AM
    Why don't you just compose inside the Gmail tab. If you are composing from the actual Hub, it will clarify to which account will be used.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you say BBM asks you to add yourself means you are in the "Invites" tab? If that's the case, why go there?

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"
    bb8900edit likes this.
    01-15-15 10:33 AM
    You learn somehow everyday. I just tried to compose inside my email tab and it sends with that email. So simple and cool. Thanks for the tip.

Why don't you just compose inside the Gmail tab. If you are composing from the actual Hub, it will clarify to which account will be used.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you say BBM asks you to add yourself means you are in the "Invites" tab? If that's the case, why go there?

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    01-15-15 10:39 AM
    First question (mother, father or whatever you want, of all questions) is:
    Why BlackBerry screwed so many things in new OS compare to old one?
    Are they both made by them? Or team responsible for new one been kept locked in basement and knows nothing about previous BlackBerry achievements?
    New - should mean better, improved, polished, not: this same (or worse) sh*t in different wrapping.
    That's what's annoying me every time I read answer: it will be sorted in next update - by that, should be update for every day a week, there is so many bugs.
    Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:43 AM
    Hub issue: I believe it learns which account you send emails from most frequently. Actually, it learns which contact you email most frequently with and which account you use to email them. The more you use it the larger square representing the most-frequent contact/account becomes. The same thing happens when you invoke the share framework within different apps (I believe the 'most frequent' changes for each app).

BBM issue:
    Check your current pin, (type mypin) , and then check the pin (or pins) that are saved in your contacts under your name.

More likely than not your contact entry still has an old pin in addition to your current pin. Since the pins are different, it thinks it's another potential bbm contact.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:46 AM
    Hub issue: I believe it learns which account you send emails from most frequently. Actually, it learns which contact you email most frequently with and which account you use to email them. The more you use it the larger square representing the most-frequent contact/account becomes. The same thing happens when you invoke the share framework within different apps (I believe the 'most frequent' changes for each app).

BBM issue:
    Check your current pin, (type mypin) , and then check the pin (or pins) that are saved in your contacts under your name.

More likely than not your contact entry still has an old pin in addition to your current pin. Since the pins are different, it thinks it's another potential bbm contact.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. You are right, the pins differ. So if I add the new pin to my contact card, you think they will sync properly?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 12:06 PM
    Well, I changed the pin in my contact card to match the new pin of the passport. It didn't do much. In BBM in the contacts section I am still listed under the "tap to invite" section. I am also listed in the "invites section" In the contacts app the BBM section appears with the correct pin but still with the "invite to BBM" button next to it. In the "linked profiles" section the only thing that changed was there is now a new linked profile that states "Additional contact information". Whereas i can click on the other linked profiles , tapping this new profiles doesn't do anything, it doesn't expand to show details like the other ones, nor is there an unlink button for this profile.
    So now i'm even more confused
    01-16-15 04:20 AM
    Well, I changed the pin in my contact card to match the new pin of the passport. It didn't do much. In BBM in the contacts section I am still listed under the "tap to invite" section. I am also listed in the "invites section" In the contacts app the BBM section appears with the correct pin but still with the "invite to BBM" button next to it. In the "linked profiles" section the only thing that changed was there is now a new linked profile that states "Additional contact information". Whereas i can click on the other linked profiles , tapping this new profiles doesn't do anything, it doesn't expand to show details like the other ones, nor is there an unlink button for this profile.
    So now i'm even more confused
    Did you delete any other pins?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 07:44 AM
    Did you delete any other pins?

Posted via CB10
    Hi, yeah. I guess the pin from my Z10 was there. I deleted it and instead made a new BBM entry for my own contact with the pin that i copied from the BBM application. That didn't do anything either . I checked the Blackberry help pages but no problem like this. Googling didn't bring anything up either. I'll go see what happens if I invite myself? Curious if that will allow me to have a BBM conversation with myself.
    01-16-15 08:24 AM
    The default email is for replying to an email.

Via BlackBerry Passport
    01-16-15 08:41 AM
    OK, just for fun I invited myself and nothing happens. I tried to invite from the contacts app and I tried from in the BBM app and nothing happens. I do not receive any invitations anywhere whatsoever!?!?
    01-16-15 08:43 AM