I've been having problems keeping a signal on my Passport. I have been monitoring the signal strength of my Passport, a Moto X2, and a DROID Turbo all running on T-Mobile and have found some weird results. Signal strength was determined by an app called LTE Discovery. It provides real signal strength instead of the lying bars at the top of the screen.

When I am in an area with strong coverage my Passport will have a slightly stronger signal than the Motos. Not by much, but better nonetheless. When I move to less reliable areas I find that my Passport will drop LTE entirely while both Motos stay on LTE (barely) and they function.

The Motos both quickly find a 4G (HSPA+) signal to replace LTE while my Passport frequently struggles. I will frequently be on Edge or without service while the Motos are still on LTE.

Has anyone else noticed similar signal issues, or should I seek a replacement? The phone has been this way since purchased in March, but I didn't realize it was so bad until I noticed my wife was almost always on LTE when I'm struggling to even get phone service sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 09:00 PM
    I don't have a Passport, but I have read a few posts here and there about the Passport having poor cellular reception.
    I noticed that on T-Mobile my Q10 will lose the cellular signal while my Q5, Z10 and Leap still have weak but usable LTE. I find it funny that of all the BlackBerry's I have, the Q5 has the best signal closely followed by the Z10 then the Leap then Q10.
    07-20-15 10:02 PM
    My Passport gets better signal in a lot of places than my z10 but it also seems as if it has trouble dropping calls sometime when it shouldn't.

Someone mentioned a bug in a software update. Overall, I do well with mine.

One other thing, when Tmobile put in LTE near my house, my signal went from excellent down to only 2-3 bars.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 10:09 PM