Anywhere to get a replacement backplate?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 10:28 PM
    For what?
    05-19-15 11:23 PM
    So I'm guessing that's a no?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 08:09 AM
    Backplate? For what?

Pr1ngle on Z30
    05-20-15 10:05 AM
    05-20-15 10:11 AM
    [QUOTE=serbanescu;11649690]This would be good for you? [url=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711
    First off thank you for actually providing me with an answer!
    the link provides me with half of what I was looking for, I was also looking for the other part of the plate, or is that non removable?
    05-20-15 01:32 PM
    First off thank you for actually providing me with an answer!
    the link provides me with half of what I was looking for, I was also looking for the other part of the plate, or is that non removable?
    Try this:
    https://www.eforfun.com/wholesale-fo...erry-logo.html
    IgotsThis likes this.
    05-20-15 02:50 PM
    YES, you are awesome! Seriously very helpful appreciate it!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 03:57 PM
    I could definitely use a new back cover but I have no idea how to remove the back...

Sent from my Passport
    05-20-15 04:16 PM
    I could definitely use a new back cover but I have no idea how to remove the back...

Sent from my Passport
    It pops off rather easily. Maybe a prying tool.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:42 PM
    It pops off rather easily. Maybe a prying tool.

Posted via CB10
    I take it that you have done it. Are there any possibilities of puncturing the battery if someone is careless prying off the back case?

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.680
    05-20-15 04:49 PM
    If anyone finds a replacement back for an AT&T version I'd be interested.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 06:21 PM
    I take it that you have done it. Are there any possibilities of puncturing the battery if someone is careless prying off the back case?

Wow wait for a second, there are two screws on the front of the device. Beneath the keyboard. Start by lifting it up using your nails on the upper side ( so if you face the device, the top of the strip beneath the keyboard). Remove the plastic cover below the keyboard, unscrew both screws.
    Remove the sim/sd cover as well.. remove the screws that are visible including the one with the warranty seal. THEN you will be able to carefully remove the back cover using your nails or a prying tool.

*Edit* I opened it up a few weeks back and took some pictures. If you want I can post those tomorrow in this thread (Tomorrow cuz it's 12:35:17 AM atm)

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    05-20-15 06:32 PM
    Wow wait for a second, there are two screws on the front of the device. Beneath the keyboard. Start by lifting it up using your nails on the upper side ( so if you face the device, the top of the strip beneath the keyboard). Remove the plastic cover below the keyboard, unscrew both screws.
    Remove the sim/sd cover as well.. remove the screws that are visible including the one with the warranty seal. THEN you will be able to carefully remove the back cover using your nails or a prying tool.

*Edit* I opened it up a few weeks back and took some pictures. If you want I can post those tomorrow in this thread (Tomorrow cuz it's 12:35:17 AM atm)

I'm not planning on doing this myself, just trying to help protect others who might try pry it open with a steak knife! :-) . Look forward to the pics!

05-20-15 07:02 PM

Thanks for the correction. My back cover popped off partially once when I dropped the device on its edge. It seemed easy.

Posted via CB10
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    05-20-15 09:12 PM
    Still is haha, but don't start opening it up without removing those screws :P

deadcowboy likes this.
    05-20-15 10:01 PM
    Actually nobody order this! I got mine today, and it doesn't fit. It's too small -_- smh

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 08:57 PM
    Actually nobody order this! I got mine today, and it doesn't fit. It's too small -_- smh

Posted via CB10
    That stinks. That was the only place I found a sim cover for sale. I have a red Passport, but was going to settle just to have a backup part. Anyone have any luck finding the part?
    05-31-15 04:34 PM
    I will second that if anyone finds the backplate for att version I am in to buy as well. If I can get backup back plates I will have my passport going naked as a Jay bird. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:31 PM