I'm one of those who doesn't need anything on Android and am loathing the inevitable. What
    #genefells says about customization with windows phone style tiles sounds interesting. Anyone know what launcher app that is?
    05-10-19 10:56 PM
    I'm one of those who doesn't need anything on Android and am loathing the inevitable. What
    #genefells says about customization with windows phone style tiles sounds interesting. Anyone know what launcher app that is?
    Launcher 10...
    05-25-19 05:49 AM
    Also try 'Square Home 3' this is a Windows Mobile style launcher however 'Launcher 10' is a more accurate copy of the Windows 10 home screen and App list...
    05-25-19 05:54 AM
    For me the pinnacle device was the 9900 and for it’s time, it still required me to dual carry Android phone. Any BBMo PKB Android device is better if not requiring me to dual carry.

The Classic was the best of the BB10 PKB devices since it’s form was closest to 9900 and the Z30 for getting the BB10 VKB form although I liked the 9860 running BBOS much better for it’s time.

Much of what makes BB so iconic was it’s history and place in 00’s and early 10’s before the consumer space crushed it’s hardware future.
    The bold 9900 is a nice looking device and I brought one just because it's probably the most iconic BB device, however, the OS is dreadful compared to BB10. Not sure why someone would have ever looked back.

Plus nothing beats a 3 row keyboard. Still love my Passport - it's still doing what I need it to do so so no way I am changing.

Still have my z10 and it's still working perfectly too.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-19 09:38 AM
    The bold 9900 is a nice looking device and I brought one just because it's probably the most iconic BB device, however, the OS is dreadful compared to BB10. Not sure why someone would have ever looked back.

Plus nothing beats a 3 row keyboard. Still love my Passport - it's still doing what I need it to do so so no way I am changing.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 was missing many features native to BBOS when it debuted. It got a few eventually but not all.
    05-25-19 09:41 AM
    Also try 'Square Home 3' this is a Windows Mobile style launcher however 'Launcher 10' is a more accurate copy of the Windows 10 home screen and App list...
    Thanks! I never did have a windows phone but found the tiles attractive.
    05-26-19 05:05 PM
    Went from bbos and playbook. So bb10 was good. Intuitive.
    Windows phone I can't ever get used to.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    05-26-19 09:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I went from BBOS to BB10 and my user experience went backwards as far as I’m concerned. My Q10 replaced my 9900 and I replaced that with Classic and Passport later. The KEYone is what the Q10 should have been hardware and software.

While the BB10 OS was fine after 10.2.1 and even better later with 10.3.2 for me, BBAndroid with the PRIV was light years ahead... I would gladly have accepted BBAndroid with 2010-2013 Android version base.... in 2013 over the BB 10.1 and ecosystem fail.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-26-19 09:17 PM
    The KEYone is what the Q10 should have been hardware and software.
    Lololol

Posted via CB10
    05-27-19 05:37 AM
    Lololol

Posted via CB10
    I know, right? When BB10 rolled out, it wasn't close to ready for Primetime and couldn't even do what BBOS did in the previous three years. When the additional problems of smaller app ecosystem than BBOS had currently and the initial BB10 ecosystem was just crap apps from sketchy developers that manipulated the bounty program, it's not surprising about BB10 consumer rejection from the few remaining hopefuls.
    Thud Hardsmack and TgeekB like this.
    05-27-19 01:37 PM
    I am thinking about going back to the Passport. Google lost their ever loving mind. I am ridding it. I miss my BB10. I only left because Whatsapp disabled their app. But now I see I can make it work. I am hoping I can get about 2 more years on my Passport, and then hopefully there is a better alternative OS. I just don't want to move to Apple at this point.
    06-26-19 01:11 PM
    I am thinking about going back to the Passport. Google lost their ever loving mind. I am ridding it. I miss my BB10. I only left because Whatsapp disabled their app. But now I see I can make it work. I am hoping I can get about 2 more years on my Passport, and then hopefully there is a better alternative OS. I just don't want to move to Apple at this point.
    What device were you using up till now?

And BB10 app support will only get worse, I can't imagine how bad in two years! Not to mention the battery degradation because even Passport SE batteries will be at least 6-7 years old.

WhatsApp android could still be working for a while.
    06-26-19 03:15 PM
    Put the Passport in a drawer for at least a month before you decide.
    I think its kind of difficult to carry around your passport in your drawers, So deliberately trying to make the passport uncomfortable to wear, besides getting stares from others, is not a fair eval, any other suggestions?
    TgeekB, ppeters914 and rarsen like this.
    06-26-19 03:31 PM
    I think its kind of difficult to carry around your passport in your drawers, So deliberately trying to make the passport uncomfortable to wear, besides getting stares from others, is not a fair eval, any other suggestions?
    I can probably think of other places to put it, although I'm not sure they would be any more comfortable.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-26-19 03:36 PM
    I went from BBOS to BB10 and my user experience went backwards as far as I’m concerned. My Q10 replaced my 9900 and I replaced that with Classic and Passport later. The KEYone is what the Q10 should have been hardware and software.

While the BB10 OS was fine after 10.2.1 and even better later with 10.3.2 for me, BBAndroid with the PRIV was light years ahead... I would gladly have accepted BBAndroid with 2010-2013 Android version base.... in 2013 over the BB 10.1 and ecosystem fail.
    Thing is Android wasn't ready back then... if BlackBerry had jumped from BBOS to Android, we would have a forked version that had no more apps than BB10 did. Probably something along the lines of Silent Circles first phone....

Only reason BlackBerry was able to switch was the efforts that Google had put into securing Android.

In the end BlackBerry should have moved sooner (2007 - 2008) to make a changes of their own, and found a way evolve BBOS into that change and not just start all over. But they never really had a chance... just too small of a company to compete once the big boys really got interested.
    06-26-19 03:43 PM
    I went to an LG V10 and now a V20. I enjoyed them. But I just want to break my reliance on Google. Maybe it's a 6 month experiment. However, I am not that needy. I just need access to email, Whatsapp, Telegram, bowser, Dropbox and texts. I am fine using shortcuts to mobile websites.

I actually miss my speakers, battery life, connct to Dropbox app, and superior reception. And I don't fear that my phone is listening to me lol. I can use Scout or Waze for navigation.

I am buying a new Passport for $250
    Last edited by leglace1; 06-27-19 at 12:06 AM.
    06-26-19 11:09 PM

A Passport halfway through 2019 for $250!? I hope it's the Red Edition at that price
    06-26-19 11:40 PM
    I went to an LG V10 and now a V20. I enjoyed them. But I just want to break my reliance on Google. Maybe it's a 6 month experiment. However, I am not that needy. I just need access to email, Whatsapp, Telegram, bowser, Dropbox and texts. I am fine using shortcuts to mobile websites.

I actually miss my speakers, battery life, connct to Dropbox app, and superior reception. And I don't fear that my phone is listening to me lol. I can use Scout or Waze for navigation.

The Dropbox app no longer works on BB10, the browser might be kind of hit or miss as well depending on the site.
    06-27-19 12:35 AM
    The Dropbox app no longer works on BB10, the browser might be kind of hit or miss as well depending on the site.

Damn, this is feeling so futile.
    06-27-19 11:22 AM
    Yup, unfortunately BB10 for all its strengths is getting less useful by the day even if it's not immediately noticeable (i.e., the browser). If you want to avoid Android I think your only options are iOS and Sailfish.
    06-27-19 12:00 PM
    Basket (in BBW) still works well as a DropBox app for BB10 and it is a native BB10 app, however it does require some workaround to install and it has no File Manager integration. If you are going to try Basket make sure to watch the installation video in the app description that the dev has so kindly included.
    06-27-19 12:38 PM
    A Passport halfway through 2019 for $250!? I hope it's the Red Edition at that price
    Maybe he meant $2.50
    the_boon likes this.
    06-27-19 05:11 PM
    Yup, unfortunately BB10 for all its strengths is getting less useful by the day even if it's not immediately noticeable (i.e., the browser). If you want to avoid Android I think your only options are iOS and Sailfish.
    Sailfish really isn't even an option... finding a phone that it will run on is not all that easy at this point. The 2018 Sony Xperia XA2 is your best option, but only very specific models of it.
    07-10-19 08:21 AM
    Hey leglace,

You can always map up your Passport as a network drive and use that to connect/sync to cloud storage if you like. Via Link you can even set up access in such a way that it will work on the go.

I realize it can seem like BB10 is failing, not useful, etc, but sometimes it just depends on who you ask.
    rarsen likes this.
    07-10-19 10:26 PM
    You and I disagree strongly here. I found BB10 superior to BBOS in almost every way, and I find Android to be a huge step down for core functions.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BBOS strength was the services and ecosystem. BB10 couldn't match it which is why many blackberry users were reluctant to move off BBOS in favor of BB10. If BB10 had a BIS option it would have been superior, along with the rich browsing and media experiences that BB10 came with out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-19 02:50 PM
160 ... 23456 ...