I purchased a keyone brand new for 236 euro last Saturday and only after two days...I have my Passport SE back in my pocket.
    It is a big problem as it is EOL but, guys, for me it is impossible to go back to Android...
    What would you suggest after the end of the year?

Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-27-19 05:50 AM
    I purchased a keyone brand new for 236 euro last Saturday and only after two days...I have my Passport SE back in my pocket.
    It is a big problem as it is EOL but, guys, for me it is impossible to go back to Android...

"Impossible to go back to Android?"
    Then your only alternative is iOS/iPhone.
    ppeters914, TgeekB, sesp9 and 2 others like this.
    03-27-19 06:40 AM
    The problem is that I love the physical keyboard but I hate android. I would like an iphone with keyboard..maybe..
    I will give another chance to my keyone but really I am still using my passport in these days...and the keyone is in the box.
    I am thinking to sell it...

AccanthusSpring likes this.
    03-28-19 01:53 AM
    The passport with OS10 has no equal. I am disappointed with the Android down grade. I lost sharing secure information such as account numbers and credit card numbers, I miss the one hand everything accessible with a thumb screen swipe (especially the passport maps.) The sound was a major downgrade too. Its a loss for sure.
    03-28-19 08:31 AM
    It took me some time to get used to the K1 after my Passport. There are many forum topics on how to de-google it and make it feel more like BB10. Passport is awesome hardware but the OS is dieing.
    03-28-19 08:46 AM
    The problem is that I love the physical keyboard but I hate android. I would like an iphone with keyboard..maybe..
    I will give another chance to my keyone but really I am still using my passport in these days...and the keyone is in the box.
    I am thinking to sell it...

Put the Passport in a drawer for at least a month before you decide.
    03-28-19 09:54 AM
    It took me some time to get used to the K1 after my Passport. There are many forum topics on how to de-google it and make it feel more like BB10. Passport is awesome hardware but the OS is dieing.
    I think many forget how long it took them to get use to BB10.... There was a time we would tell newbie to give it at least a month. But in truth Android wasn't as different from BB10 as BB10 was from BBOS.
    Tim-ANC, Rico4you, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    03-28-19 11:15 AM
    I think many forget how long it took them to get use to BB10.... There was a time we would tell newbie to give it at least a month. But in truth Android wasn't as different from BB10 as BB10 was from BBOS.
    Actually the love for BB10 was instantaneous for me. I was impressed with how intuitive it was and how organized the settings were. It's just done right and that's all that I can say.
    03-28-19 11:25 AM
    Actually the love for BB10 was instantaneous for me. I was impressed with how intuitive it was and how organized the settings were. It's just done right and that's all that I can say.
    Did you come straight from BBOS to BB10 in 2013 or so? It was awful until 10.2.1 and then 10.3.2 was the version that finally seemed BBOS successor worthy for me.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-28-19 11:30 AM
    As others have said, put the Passport away for 30, even 60 days to retrain your brain. I'm slower than most perhaps...
    03-28-19 11:32 AM
    I came from WebOs and it was a snap for me - maybe 2-3 days. Lots of similarities, I guess. But I still preferred WebOs even months and months later. I'm having a much tougher time going to android that is for sure.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and KAM1138 like this.
    03-28-19 11:33 AM
    I had same issue when I went from Passport SE to PRIV...then went KEYone, KEY2 and now KEY2 Red Edition !
    Passport SE is in the drawer, turned it on...OS felt outdated...overall a step back. Yes love it but would nver go from my KEY2 Red Edition. Have it set up with HUB swipe to left. Now so looking forward to KEY3!!
    the_boon, Wowan and Grungni like this.
    03-28-19 12:32 PM
    As others have said, put the Passport away for 30, even 60 days to retrain your brain. I'm slower than most perhaps...
    HP Pre³ had much in common what with swipe the rule and not exception and BEST portrait PKB ever... but webOS was murdered and I hung on for a long time...
    ibrycec likes this.
    03-28-19 04:50 PM
    Passport to PRIV was a painful transition for me. Going from Lollipop to Marshmallow helped. Now that we're on Oreo the Android experience is light years better.

Would I still prefer BB10 with an up-to-date ART? In a heartbeat! A BB10 with Google Services would be the holy grail of mobile OS's for me. But alas, we live in reality and if I'm going to have a no compromise pkb mobile experience, the KEY2 is the best there is.

For those of you who don't need anything beyond what BB10 can deliver in 2019, I envy you. I wish my mobile needs were as streamlined as yours.
    ppeters914 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    03-28-19 07:00 PM

I would also encourage some reading of degoogling the key phones and using different apps and launcher.

If you dislike the standard appearance of android (icons with numbers) and the way notifications are displayed then look at alternative launchers that present information in a superior way.

I came from windows phones and the live tile presentation is still superior to anything offered by the big 2. I now use a metro style launcher that provides notifications on the tiles and significant customisation of tile size, arrangement, colours and information. Android is all about customisation.

My biggest issue with android has always been google collating my usage data and it thrown back at me in ads etc. I turned off every setting I could find, but I am uncertain it had any effect.

Therefore I removed, uninstalled, disabled as much of google as I could without limiting the phone operation. Chrome, YouTube, Gmail, gmaps were the first to go. Replaced by other apps and open source apks that provide the same (and better) functionality. VPN runs 24/7. I never realised how imprecise my search queries were until I started using duck duck go.

To set this up will take time and patience. Ultimately, persistence will result in a great set up that can be used over and over again in future android phones.

The alternative is ios which is apple's way or no way. Some prefer this structured / controlled environment; I prefer my own. Unfortunately, you will have to move away from BB10 eventually and therefore it's either one or the other.
    Tim-ANC, ppeters914, falbo and 3 others like this.
    03-28-19 10:19 PM
    That was me. Was very reluctant to give up my Torch, but it just couldn't hang anymore. History repeats itself.

Ah, and just thinking about my Torch. I remember when I first got it, I found the touchscreen to be super annoying and wanted to disable it. Was the first question I asked on CB before I joined. Got flamed for that
    03-29-19 08:25 AM
    That was me. Was very reluctant to give up my Torch, but it just couldn't hang anymore. History repeats itself.

Ah, and just thinking about my Torch. I remember when I first got it, I found the touchscreen to be super annoying and wanted to disable it. Was the first question I asked on CB before I joined. Got flamed for that
    See I came from Palm... didn't understand why the BOLD didn't have a touch screen back in 2007.
    03-29-19 08:43 AM

By 2013, I was more than ready to give up my Torch. IMO, it was still functionally superior, but horribly slow compared to my wife's Motorola Atrix. That functionality didn't extend to the touchscreen. Used the PKB 99-percent of the time, which had me a bit nervous going to Z10 in 2014. Transition wasn't bad. My main grip was all the good BBOS stuff that was missing. Like others have said, it's as if the BB10 devs had zero BBOS experience.

Oh, well..... water under the bridge, and that bridge has collapsed and sunk.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-29-19 02:21 PM
    By 2013, I was more than ready to give up my Torch. IMO, it was still functionally superior, but horribly slow compared to my wife's Motorola Atrix. That functionality didn't extend to the touchscreen. Used the PKB 99-percent of the time, which had me a bit nervous going to Z10 in 2014. Transition wasn't bad. My main grip was all the good BBOS stuff that was missing. Like others have said, it's as if the BB10 devs had zero BBOS experience.

Oh, well..... water under the bridge, and that bridge has collapsed and sunk.
    Reality is it was a new OS and they weren't going after the 80 Million or so BBOS users, but the 100's of millions of potential new smartphone users that were buying each year. That the Q10 didn't have keyboard shortcuts... was very telling of what they taught of the future of the PKB market and BBOS users in general.

The Passport and Classic were a result of an attempt to do some back tracking to at least sell some of that hardware that they had already purchased.
    03-29-19 02:31 PM
    sell some of that hardware that they had already purchased.
    Not quite--the Passport had the Snap 801 freshly purchased while the others had chipsets from the bin. No?
    03-29-19 02:45 PM
    Not quite--the Passport had the Snap 801 freshly purchased while the others had chipsets from the bin. No?
    True, but the PP was also being tested as an Android phone, specifically with the viability of running Play Store apps on a square screen - and had that been successful (it wasn't), the PP might have been the first BB Android phone instead of the last BB10 phone.

Either way, they couldn't keep releasing new models based on the old S4 SoC forever.
    03-29-19 03:06 PM
    The 801 was committed to much earlier.
    03-29-19 03:23 PM
    The 801 was committed to much earlier.
    Agreed but I still think it was a last hail Mary and not just to "use up" old parts as DDD implied above. And I also disagree with TT in that it was an effort specifically to run android. I think that was an afterthought with BB10 still being the main objective. It's all moot though, the game is over.
    03-29-19 03:42 PM
    Agreed but I still think it was a last hail Mary and not just to "use up" old parts as DDD implied above. And I also disagree with TT in that it was an effort specifically to run android. I think that was an afterthought with BB10 still being the main objective. It's all moot though, the game is over.
    The Passport was a Heins project, and hardware commitments were made. So, in a sense, they had to burn through those commitments before getting out of BB10 in an even worse way.

The SE was intended to be Android (the Oslo), but when that initiative failed, they retooled.
    03-29-19 03:44 PM
    The Passport was a Heins project, and hardware commitments were made. So, in a sense, they had to burn through those commitments before getting out of BB10 in an even worse way.
    Oh yeah, in that sense I guess it was using up prior hardware commitments but at the time that hardware was not old (like the stuff making up the Classic, Leap etc.). I do remember that Chen probably had to be convinced to continue on with the Passport or maybe everyone else wanted to move on to android and Chen pushed for another BB10 device. I think the android attempt on the Passport was just an unauthorized attempt with some insider basically "stealing" one or two units and playing around in the basement of his house. I doubt it was ever a serious attempt by BlackBerry. Who knows!
    03-29-19 03:56 PM
160 123 ...