Does anyone else's Passport smell on the back cover? It smells like a mix between rubber and clove...quite strong. Realized this when I took my cover off today. Tried cleaning it with some alcohol swabs and it did nothing.

What gives? It isn't the case...it's just a simply clear plastic case with no smell. Any tips? It even stings my nose slightly if I hold it to my face. Really weird.
    01-08-15 05:01 PM
    That is really weird. Must be something that was there before? or have you stored it somewhere where it could have picked up this smell??
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-08-15 05:04 PM
    Well, that's a new one. Never heard that before.
    raqball and The_Passporter like this.
    01-08-15 05:05 PM
    Definitely something I've never heard of. Then again, I don't usually put my nose to things I open.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Scarlet Passport or Onyx Classic.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-08-15 05:10 PM
    That is really weird. Must be something that was there before? or have you stored it somewhere where it could have picked up this smell??
    Got it used on Swappa...like new...didn't notice it then. Had it in the OEM flip cover case for about a week before moving it to the cheap plastic case it's in now that doesn't smell. Hasn't been stored anywhere or anything like that.

So I don't know if it's something new or like this when I got it...never noticed it til today. I mean, I can even catch a wiff of it when I'm just using it.

I've got no idea. Is it possible to replace the back cover?
    J.Bell likes this.
    01-08-15 05:11 PM
    Maybe try keeping your clove cigarettes in a different pocket than your passport
    Maybe it was the inside of the cover

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    Maybe try keeping your clove cigarettes in a different pocket than your passport
    Don't smoke...especially wouldn't smoke clove cigarettes!

Maybe it was the inside of the cover

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    Inside of both cases smell fine. Even the plastic one which would have picked up the scent.

I'm going to keep the cover off for a few days and see if that helps. Does no body elses come close to a smell like this? If it is just mine then...wtf?

Edit: Actually, smelling the sticky part of the flip case I do catch a scent of it...maybe it's the adhesive?
    01-08-15 05:14 PM
    Don't smoke...especially wouldn't smoke clove cigarettes!

Inside of both cases smell fine. Even the plastic one which would have picked up the scent.

I'm going to keep the cover off for a few days and see if that helps. Does no body elses come close to a smell like this? If it is just mine then...wtf?

Edit: Actually, smelling the sticky part of the flip case I do catch a scent of it...maybe it's the adhesive?
    Makes more sense that it'd be the adhesive, usually they have a smell to them

BlackBerry Passport, the anything device.
    01-08-15 05:32 PM
    Mine smells of garlic.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-08-15 05:34 PM
    Remember to wash hands before and after eating every meal

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    01-08-15 06:00 PM
    Does anyone else's Passport smell on the back cover? It smells like a mix between rubber and clove...quite strong. Realized this when I took my cover off today. Tried cleaning it with some alcohol swabs and it did nothing.

What gives? It isn't the case...it's just a simply clear plastic case with no smell. Any tips? It even stings my nose slightly if I hold it to my face. Really weird.
    When I got mine there was something spilled in the box.... blue stuff I think. it was awful. It stunk up the room I was in and I couldn't bare to even smell it. I wonder if it is something like that..... I'm thinking it is something the shipping company used.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 07:04 PM

12-12-16 07:43 PM
    Send it to BlackBerry for repair. Obviously a warranty defect.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    12-12-16 07:49 PM
    Send it to BlackBerry for repair. Obviously a warranty defect.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    Ha! I have to know how that turns out. I've never heard of a warranty covering smell on a phone unless the back cover is supposed to be a scratch and sniff bubble gum flavor.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-16 04:14 AM
    Let me tell you the truth... your son (or daughter or kids if you have one) have been smoking clove cigarette like gudam garam or djarum black near the passport... it happened to mine too

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 09:37 AM