Is there a way to natively get the camera light to flash for calls, texts and other alerts? I know there are apps available, but I hear their functionality comes and goes. It was in the accessibility option on my GS4, and it was a nice little feature to be able to catch a notification as it comes in even with my phone face down.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:27 AM
    Is there a way to natively get the camera light to flash for calls, texts and other alerts? I know there are apps available, but I hear their functionality comes and goes. It was in the accessibility option on my GS4, and it was a nice little feature to be able to catch a notification as it comes in even with my phone face down.

Posted via CB10
    You can try my Power Tools app here

Power Tools - BlackBerry World

When the put the BB face down you can set the camera led to flash for incoming calls and messages.
    12-05-14 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:29 PM
    You can try my Power Tools app here

Power Tools - BlackBerry World

When the put the BB face down you can set the camera led to flash for incoming calls and messages.
    Just bought it for this feature. Where do I set this?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:20 PM
    Did anyone get an answer for this?
    07-31-16 12:30 PM
    Power tools does let you use the Flash Light LED for notifications. Once you have downloaded the app:

Home/Menu --> Custom LED --> Pick BBM/Messages/Phone --> Select "New" --> Select "LED" tab

You will see settings for using the Flash Light LED when face down: blink speed, pattern, and duration.

In the "General" tab you can configure the notifications for particular contacts or messages/calls as a whole, etc.

Power Tools is an incredible application. Highly recommended. Thanks for making it Smiley88!
    otaku2 likes this.
    07-31-16 01:24 PM