Look what I found gentlemen!

A pure joy to listen!!! Back when BB took risks!

10-08-18 02:16 PM
    How did that risk work out for them?
    the_boon likes this.
    10-08-18 02:24 PM
    How did that risk work out for them?
    May not have been a success for them for many reasons that have nothing to do with the device like marketing and such but it was one of the most business oriented get work done type of devices. For those that experienced it they had the privilege of knowing true innovation at its best.
    Smokeaire and SuperFister like this.
    10-08-18 02:48 PM
    From my point of view, the device has not been advertised enough. In comparison, there are many newer devices, which hardware is far overrated, but due to better marketing and shiny adverts, they have turned into a frequently chosen product. Colleagues have been always envious, saying 'I want it, as the screen is wonderful for reading!'.
    10-08-18 05:50 PM
    I don't recall the Passport being advertised at all. People always asked me about it as it stood out from all of the same slab phones coming out. If it wasn't for the Emergency Calls Only issue. I would still be using it and when I have a chance, will attempt the inductor replacement suggestion to see if I can revive it.
    10-10-18 08:49 PM
    I don't recall the Passport being advertised at all. People always asked me about it as it stood out from all of the same slab phones coming out. If it wasn't for the Emergency Calls Only issue. I would still be using it and when I have a chance, will attempt the inductor replacement suggestion to see if I can revive it.
    We are supposed to accept that everyone knew about it but just didn't want it -- even though everyone today still thinks it's a new device.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-18 02:50 AM
    Haha! Funny how one of the questions was: "BlackBerry has a brand problem. What can be done to fix it?"

Chen's answer in the real world: "banner ads for Crackberry readers and a partnership with a chain of hospitals."

I can't believe I watched that. Brought back a lot of memories. Still using Blend and realized in last few weeks I haven't been using its awesome calendar function.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-18 03:04 AM
    To the "masses". Don't cry after you see that great ad of BlackBerry. Only for the bold ones who take risks and are fearless.:

v=sZ0t8udpDeA
    10-13-18 12:14 PM
    He's wearing a suit. By the time the Passport was introduce no one in tech wore suits.
    10-13-18 12:25 PM
    Whats wrong with suits? Hope you're not serious here.
    10-13-18 12:37 PM