Decided to put a skin, and I can say that I am impressed! I hope they can last a long time, and wouldn't get peeled easily. To those who are bothered by the stain might want to consider using this kind of skin.

Attachment 348882
    Attachment 348883
    But where did the logo go?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-22-15 11:16 PM
    Had the original and it had this ugly glue spot. I now have the AT&T version and it does not have this problem.

I believe only the red original does not have the glue problem

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:40 AM
    Red and probably White one as well.
    04-23-15 12:49 AM
    What skin is this one? Anywhere it can be purchsed?

Posted via CB10
    I bought this in Amazon.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00PQKZ...UvbUpU11583538

I could not find it in amazon.com.
    04-23-15 02:09 AM
    But where did the logo go?

It's still there. Under the skin. I gives a nice contour when touched at the logo. It leaves the imprints only, but yes, it's not too visible.
    04-23-15 02:10 AM
    Good times indeed.

The hardshell scratched mine too but as I have said in other threads, a couple of small scuffs are nothing to get too upset about. The Passport is going to be my phone for a long while to come. It's going to have a few battle scars along the way.

Besides, they are nothing compared to what my Otterbox Defender did to my Bold 9700!

It is kind of.. ironic when the case, whose purpose is to protect the device scratch the phone. I think. But everyone has their own choice! If you put them on all the time, no one would know about the scratch.
    torco3 likes this.
    04-23-15 02:14 AM
    Had the original and it had this ugly glue spot. I now have the AT&T version and it does not have this problem.

I believe only the red original does not have the glue problem

Posted via CB10
    Do they have different back material?
    04-23-15 02:14 AM
    i love my BB Passport
    04-23-15 03:50 AM
    i love my BB Passport
    Me too!
    04-23-15 06:02 AM
    I put this skin, it felt like sink, great material, but I took ot off within two days, idk, this phone is great as it is.
    The back cover of BlackBerry Passport-wp_20150422_20_55_37_pro.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 01:43 PM
    I put this skin, it felt like sink, great material, but I took ot off within two days, idk, this phone is great as it is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150422_20_55_37_Pro.jpg 
Views:	882 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	349079

Posted via CB10
    Why did you decide to take it off? O.o
    04-23-15 03:25 PM
    It is kind of.. ironic when the case, whose purpose is to protect the device scratch the phone. I think. But everyone has their own choice! If you put them on all the time, no one would know about the scratch.
    I think the 'scratches' are just wear from taking the case on and off. I use the case to protect my device if I were to drop it. Scratches happen. And I think this thing is too beautiful to not show it in all of its naked glory once in a while!

04-23-15 06:42 PM
    Firstly, why is your Passport getting wet? Seriously, that's not good. Shouldn't be wet...

The 'stain' is a known issue with many Passports, as you know. Some people in the forum have had success attempting to clean it, including myself, but the 'stain' always seems to return.

The first Passport I had, did have the 'stain' as well as a lose 'P' key, so I exchanged it. The Passport I'm using right now has the BlackBerry OEM hard shell case with the screen protector - and - I never remove the case, for any reason, except if I need to take out the SD/SIM cards of course.

Also, with this Passport, I did not remove the plastic film from the back cover from the manufacturer, I put the hard shell case on, and I don't have the 'stain' because it isn't possible to see it due to those 2 reasons.

Posted via CB10
    385xza likes this.
    04-23-15 07:50 PM
    My hard shell hasn't scratched my Passport at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 07:51 PM
    Passport is a very good device, but.. one thing disturbs me. The bad back cover is really bad. Compared with the Z30, which has a very good feel to it, the Passport doesn't feel that comfortable at hand. And what makes things worse is that, as every Passport users have known already, it has stain. A really ugly stain around the BlackBerry logo. I don't know what happened with it, but it is very obvious, especially when the device is wet. Has anyone found a solution for this? I know that this has been posted for many times before on the forum, but I couldn't find any solution to it yet. I post this in hope that anyone has found a solution to it. And... Has anyone use a good skin for Passport so that this part is covered? If yes, which skin would you recommend? Thanks!
    A really ugly stain around the BlackBerry logo...
    I've faced this problem with my PlayBook and can only hope the same doesn't occur to my beloved Passport. I noticed this stan on my PlayBook once I removed the flip case and it bothered me so much I replaced it in the case.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:38 PM
    Also, with this Passport, I did not remove the plastic film from the back cover from the manufacturer, I put the hard shell case on, and I don't have the 'stain' because it isn't possible to see it due to those 2 reasons.
    Wow. Do you cover your couches with plastic?
    04-23-15 10:35 PM
    Firstly, why is your Passport getting wet? Seriously, that's not good. Shouldn't be wet...

The 'stain' is a known issue with many Passports, as you know. Some people in the forum have had success attempting to clean it, including myself, but the 'stain' always seems to return.

The first Passport I had, did have the 'stain' as well as a lose 'P' key, so I exchanged it. The Passport I'm using right now has the BlackBerry OEM hard shell case with the screen protector - and - I never remove the case, for any reason, except if I need to take out the SD/SIM cards of course.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. It's wet a bit because our hands carry a bit of moisture. I realize this at the time I was cleaning it. The stain is extremely visible, if you wipe wet cloth on it. It just shines. So I'm not using the phone in a wet condition normally.

Yes. That seems like a good solution too.
    04-24-15 04:00 AM
    Wow. Do you cover your couches with plastic?
    I was also like that before. But later, I realized that if we cover everything like that, we won't enjoy the devices to the fullest! And after some time, the plastic would look really ugly, and I decided to take it off, but every aspect of the devices would already show signs of wear and tear. So some part looks new, the others look old. Which I find bad.
    04-24-15 04:03 AM
    A really ugly stain around the BlackBerry logo...
    I've faced this problem with my PlayBook and can only hope the same doesn't occur to my beloved Passport. I noticed this stan on my PlayBook once I removed the flip case and it bothered me so much I replaced it in the case.

Posted via CB10
    Cleaning the stain with certain cleaning liquid certainly removes it, but it would come back over time. I'm using a skin now to cover this problem.
    04-24-15 04:05 AM
    Use a leather sticker..gives it a nice grip and feel to it and looks supreme.
    The back cover of BlackBerry Passport-crackberry-image-2-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    known-associate likes this.
    04-24-15 07:12 AM
    Do they have different back material?
    As far as I could tell, the material is the same. The difference is between the process used to apply the logo on the back

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:16 PM
    This is a perfect reason to put your passport in a case. Every phone in my opinion should be in a case.

Posted via CB10
    My Q10 isn't in a case, but it's totally rock solid and has been dropped a few times without issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:52 PM
    I would love some one makes a back replacement in CF like the Z30 and Q10

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:58 PM
    I can't say I notice any of the issues the OP mentions. I'm no fan of fake leather covers or over engineered patterns and such.

Most important is the design of the software and the functionality, which rocks.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 03:56 PM
    I would love some one makes a back replacement in CF like the Z30 and Q10

Posted via CB10
    It wouldn't be difficult. The back cover can be popped off without much effort. (I dropped my Passport and the back cover popped off on one corner).

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 11:42 PM
71 123