Passport is a very good device, but.. one thing disturbs me. The bad back cover is really bad. Compared with the Z30, which has a very good feel to it, the Passport doesn't feel that comfortable at hand. And what makes things worse is that, as every Passport users have known already, it has stain. A really ugly stain around the BlackBerry logo. I don't know what happened with it, but it is very obvious, especially when the device is wet. Has anyone found a solution for this? I know that this has been posted for many times before on the forum, but I couldn't find any solution to it yet. I post this in hope that anyone has found a solution to it. And... Has anyone use a good skin for Passport so that this part is covered? If yes, which skin would you recommend? Thanks!
    klobb likes this.
    04-20-15 04:20 PM
    Yeah the back of my passport is pretty crappy. On top of the stain you mentioned I also have a loose SD/Sim card door and the BB logo has turned from silver to a copper-penny color. Never had this issue with any of my other BlackBerrys...

Sent from my Passport
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    04-20-15 05:36 PM
    My red one looks fine. Haven't had it for that long yet though.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:51 PM
    This is a perfect reason to put your passport in a case. Every phone in my opinion should be in a case.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 06:04 PM
    This is a perfect reason to put your passport in a case. Every phone in my opinion should be in a case.

Posted via CB10
    I also have the case.. but I like to use the phone naked actually.. ==
    kertong likes this.
    04-20-15 06:12 PM
    My red one looks fine. Haven't had it for that long yet though.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the red one has a different material? I'm talking about the black Passport..
    04-20-15 06:13 PM
    Makes me wonder, is the back of the Att passport different, I like how it feels, there is no stain around the BlackBerry logo, and it is still a nice Shiny silver. I think a copper color would be sweet though, but that is just me. I have never had a case, so my passport is always naked, and I keep it in my pocket, no problems

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 06:34 PM
    Passport is a very good device, but.. one thing disturbs me. The bad back cover is really bad. Compared with the Z30, which has a very good feel to it, the Passport doesn't feel that comfortable at hand. And what makes things worse is that, as every Passport users have known already, it has stain. A really ugly stain around the BlackBerry logo. I don't know what happened with it, but it is very obvious, especially when the device is wet. Has anyone found a solution for this? I know that this has been posted for many times before on the forum, but I couldn't find any solution to it yet. I post this in hope that anyone has found a solution to it. And... Has anyone use a good skin for Passport so that this part is covered? If yes, which skin would you recommend? Thanks!
    I don't have a stain.

Posted via CB10
    EmaliMcrtny likes this.
    04-20-15 06:37 PM
    Hi, my black BB Passport (purchased from Amazon) had a stain. It did not show for a while, but with sweaty and greasy hands, it started.. In several other threads, some users suggested multiple methods to remove the stain: toothpaste, cleaning things, dancing in the rain... I tried them all and nothing worked - not the long term.

It was annoying and I purchased 'OEM battery door cover' for the Passport. However, that one (cheap) was wrong in size and did not perfectly fit Passport... So few bucks wasted.

Few weeks ago, while focusing on the important business in the toilet, I noticed non-acetone based nail polish remover from the female member of my family. While pressure was mounting, I said "..what the heck" and tried...I applied drop of remover on the cotton pad, diligently rub the back of my passport , dried immediately and ...Since, no stain! This is also a proof that man CAN do two things at the same time :-)

IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU USE WRONG (ACETONE BASED) LIQUID, YOU WILL DAMAGE BACK PLASTIC DOOR!!
    greenberry666 likes this.
    04-20-15 07:06 PM
    Hi, my black BB Passport (purchased from Amazon) had a stain. It did not show for a while, but with sweaty and greasy hands, it started.. In several other threads, some users suggested multiple methods to remove the stain: toothpaste, cleaning things, dancing in the rain... I tried them all and nothing worked - not the long term.

It was annoying and I purchased 'OEM battery door cover' for the Passport. However, that one (cheap) was wrong in size and did not perfectly fit Passport... So few bucks wasted.

Few weeks ago, while focusing on the important business in the toilet, I noticed non-acetone based nail polish remover from the female member of my family. While pressure was mounting, I said "..what the heck" and tried...I applied drop of remover on the cotton pad, diligently rub the back of my passport , dried immediately and ...Since, no stain! This is also a proof that man CAN do two things at the same time :-)

IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU USE WRONG (ACETONE BASED) LIQUID, YOU WILL DAMAGE BACK PLASTIC DOOR!!
    Wow. What kind of nail polish remover was that?
    04-21-15 08:29 AM
    I have the AT&T version and I have absolutely no complaints about mine. Still looks great.
    Huy o Nguyen likes this.
    04-21-15 09:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    If so, they should be manufactured in a case then.
    Never heard a bigger bul***it. It's individual preference of owner.
    It's phone for you or you are for a phone?
    Get insurance for peace of mind and stop worrying about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 10:19 AM
    I have the AT&T version and I have absolutely no complaints about mine. Still looks great.
    Maybe your version has a better back door.. congrats if you don have this issue!
    04-22-15 01:42 AM
    I had a stain, I removed it with water, it's gone now. No stain for months.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 03:39 AM
    Mine has also that stain around that logo, it is also the black version. So far I cleaned my Passport with a special cleansener for flat screens and computer monitors as well as that hip Whoosh! stuff. While both a good to make the device clean (Whoosh! in particular, very good, though not cheap), the couldn't deal with that stain. My girlfriend has aceton-free polisher remover around, I might try that later on.

By the way, I also dislike the back material, it is extremely prone to fingerprints and lint, doesn't offer enough grip to justify that downside. I wish they would've used the woven-glass there: Offering enough grip, no problems with fingerprints and pretty durable.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 04:13 AM
    IDk when I'm using my device I typically look at the front not the back. Mine has a stain and yes the back is fingerprint prone, but who the h*ll is looking at the back that much to really care about a stain from the glue used to hold the logo on.

If it really bothers you that much, buy a new device. Man some people and their OCD is really a downer sometimes. FYI nothing mass produced is perfect, get over it!! There are a million other things to worry about in the world then a simple little stain on your precious device.

It really isn't that big of a deal, specially not enough to create multiple threads over it. For the love of all things holy, get out and enjoy life instead of fretting over what your cell phone is made of and why there is a stain on it.
    beamolite and Mo Cat like this.
    04-22-15 06:56 AM
    Mine has also that stain around that logo, it is also the black version. So far I cleaned my Passport with a special cleansener for flat screens and computer monitors as well as that hip Whoosh! stuff. While both a good to make the device clean (Whoosh! in particular, very good, though not cheap), the couldn't deal with that stain. My girlfriend has aceton-free polisher remover around, I might try that later on.

By the way, I also dislike the back material, it is extremely prone to fingerprints and lint, doesn't offer enough grip to justify that downside. I wish they would've used the woven-glass there: Offering enough grip, no problems with fingerprints and pretty durable.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you one hundred percent.

And... Now I've used a skin. It feels nice to the touch! . I think it's better than the original backdoor feel. I'll post picture later.
    04-22-15 02:59 PM
    I had a stain on mine but it came off after a while on its own. Natural oils from my hands would constantly leave fingerprints and I would just wipe them away with a cleaning cloth or even my tshirt. Eventually the oily 'stain' around the logo disappeared on its own.

I personally like the feel of the material but I also like the added 'bulk' of a case. The official hardshell is nice because it has the BlackBerry logo on it and now I'm using the Seidio convert case which adds a very nice 'bulk' to it. It kind of feels like the original Gameboy in terms of girth. Of course, I am way more productive on this thing.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-22-15 03:09 PM
    IDk when I'm using my device I typically look at the front not the back. Mine has a stain and yes the back is fingerprint prone, but who the h*ll is looking at the back that much to really care about a stain from the glue used to hold the logo on.

If it really bothers you that much, buy a new device. Man some people and their OCD is really a downer sometimes. FYI nothing mass produced is perfect, get over it!! There are a million other things to worry about in the world then a simple little stain on your precious device.

It really isn't that big of a deal, specially not enough to create multiple threads over it. For the love of all things holy, get out and enjoy life instead of fretting over what your cell phone is made of and why there is a stain on it.
    I know.. maybe I'm OCD. Especially for the electronic devices. Maybe it doesn't bother you, but it does me. Someone are bothered with other things, I am not. People are just different, and notices different things. I don't like my phones, my tablets, or laptops to be dirty. Some people aren't bothered with it. Some are bothered by the Passport's weight, I'm not. Some are bothered with the Z30 brightness, I'm not. There are things which bother me, there are things that aren't.

Actually I never wanted to complain about this, but I want to know whether anyone has found any solution. So I'm asking the people who might have the same problem and concern with me, whether they have found any solutions or not.

Dude.. we are on a BlackBerry forum, we're here to talk about our phones.. in my defense, I don't think I've made multiple threads about it as well. And it's especially out of the question to buy a new device.. and once more, I wanted to find solution, not just complaining..

.. and I'm also worried about important things, I only write this because I'm on this forum. I'm not saying that I'm worried about the unimportant stain on my phone over some more important things in life.

Sorry I have to write this. I just feel some of your judgments and comments are unfair. I do my share in my society, and I don't complain about this on Facebook, Twitter, or some forums about politics, history, science, philosophy or anything that you find matter more. I really think that I've written this in a right forum, in a right place, without wanting to hurt or offend anyone.
    Last edited by Andy Wijaya; 04-22-15 at 04:04 PM.
    04-22-15 03:44 PM
    I had a stain on mine but it came off after a while on its own. Natural oils from my hands would constantly leave fingerprints and I would just wipe them away with a cleaning cloth or even my tshirt. Eventually the oily 'stain' around the logo disappeared on its own.

I personally like the feel of the material but I also like the added 'bulk' of a case. The official hardshell is nice because it has the BlackBerry logo on it and now I'm using the Seidio convert case which adds a very nice 'bulk' to it. It kind of feels like the original Gameboy in terms of girth. Of course, I am way more productive on this thing.

Lol. Original Gameboy. XD. Good old times. 90s kids I presume, born in the 80s?

I also have the official hardshell, but it actually does scratch my device.

I've put the skin on and it looks pretty nice!
    04-22-15 03:46 PM
    Makes me wonder, is the back of the Att passport different, I like how it feels, there is no stain around the BlackBerry logo, and it is still a nice Shiny silver. I think a copper color would be sweet though, but that is just me. I have never had a case, so my passport is always naked, and I keep it in my pocket, no problems

Posted via CB10
    Maybe so. I'm not in the US, so I've never seen one. I honestly prefer the silver one! I also love the naked feel of a phone much better than being inside a case.
    04-22-15 03:47 PM
    Decided to put a skin, and I can say that I am impressed! I hope they can last a long time, and wouldn't get peeled easily. To those who are bothered by the stain might want to consider using this kind of skin.

The back cover of BlackBerry Passport-img_20150423_035527.jpg
    The back cover of BlackBerry Passport-img_20150423_035509.jpg
    04-22-15 03:59 PM
    I have the AT&T version, so far all is good.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:57 PM
    Decided to put a skin, and I can say that I am impressed! I hope they can last a long time, and wouldn't get peeled easily. To those who are bothered by the stain might want to consider using this kind of skin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150423_035527.jpg 
Views:	1921 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	348882
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150423_035509.jpg 
Views:	1918 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	348883
    What skin is this one? Anywhere it can be purchsed?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:06 PM
    Lol. Original Gameboy. XD. Good old times. 90s kids I presume, born in the 80s?

I also have the official hardshell, but it actually does scratch my device.

I've put the skin on and it looks pretty nice!
    Good times indeed.

The hardshell scratched mine too but as I have said in other threads, a couple of small scuffs are nothing to get too upset about. The Passport is going to be my phone for a long while to come. It's going to have a few battle scars along the way.

Besides, they are nothing compared to what my Otterbox Defender did to my Bold 9700!

Andy Wijaya likes this.
    04-22-15 11:14 PM
71 123