Can anyone tell me if their passport has a loose back? When I picked it up lately, I noticed it sounded/felt funny so I got to looking a little closer. If I tap along the edge it seems solid except for the right side of the device holding it face down. It makes a tinny loose sound when tapped. If I squeeze it on that side, it gives a little. The device is less than two weeks old and appears to be coming apart. Can anyone tell me if theirs does this?
    11-11-14 06:29 PM
    That sucks to hear OP. If it were me, I'd be contacting the carrier/BlackBerry about obtaining a replacement. Issues like that shouldn't be happening on a two week old device. Best of luck with it.

Oh and BTW, I'm in before the Passport defenders come to demand proof of the issue and attack you.
    11-11-14 06:46 PM
    The back of my device is solid

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-11-14 06:53 PM
    Thanks. Bring them on. I don't have to prove anything. I have the device in hand and it didn't come to me loose, but is now. Guess that's what I get for trying to be easy with it. Luckily, I bought it through Amazon just in case. I've dealt with shopbb before and won't do it again. I really don't want to have to return it but it's looking like it's only going to get worse.
    11-11-14 07:01 PM
    Mine has some flexibility to it. I don't see a problem with that

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-11-14 07:21 PM
    Sorry to hear it. If it is a recent purchase you should look to get it replaced with the place where you bought it ASAP. If you get stuck dealing with BlackBerry support you may end up in a limbo of no return.
    11-11-14 07:32 PM
    Yes, that's why I went through Amazon. I've had to deal with ShopBB and never again. It's one of those issues where it came fine and less than two weeks later, it's getting loose. If it had a removable back it'd be different, but it doesn't. If it becomes looser, in a few weeks, I'm stuck with it. I'll probably end up sending it back to Amazon because I hate to pay $600 and be stuck with a coming apart phone.
    11-11-14 07:37 PM
    Makes perfect sense. Hopefully the new device is OK.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:42 PM
    I just want to say I have purchased and returned devices and accessories from shopblackberry since the BB10 launch and never had any problems. They have been great to me. Even got a refund on the Passport from the coupon code. Just received a mint Z10 and Z30 from them this week as well. No complaints there.

As far as your issue, if you really think that the device is falling apart or truly defective return it. Don't forget you have a warranty as well. It seems every minor "issue" with this phone is a catastrophe. I had a loose volume up key and had a TPU case on the device and now the hard shell and it is no longer loose. The device has been flawless since purchased.

Have always had either the TPU case or hard shell on the back and have not one mark, the logo is perfect, and I really couldn't tell you if the back cover is loose like yours is unless it is something completely obvious. I just think some are in overkill mode with these issues which to me appear to be nothing but the norm. Not directed at you as I do not know the extent or defectiveness of your device. Do what you think is best, hopefully the next one doesn't have the screen coming off lol. Kidding. Good luck, the Passport is the best piece of electronic hardware I have owned.

This Z30, along with the Z10 I just bought seem so odd. Funny how that happened after using the Passport for months. Wish there was a better way for you to explain or show your issue with the Passport.

The first thing I did when I got mine was put the hard shell on, then TPU case, now white hard shell... so I have not examined the back other than looking for marks and making sure the logo didn't disappear as per other threads!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:24 PM
    With all the issues arising I'm afraid of how mine is going to fair over time. This is going to be very bad for blackberry. Light bleeding ( whatever that means), loose back, screen splitting etc... it's getting scary

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-11-14 08:33 PM
    chill. 100000s of devices were shipped more 6 weeks ago. Many as you see here have had a device for awhile with no issue. I think this fear mongering is a method for the trolls not for the average user so don't get caught up in that.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-11-14 08:35 PM
    With all the issues arising I'm afraid of how mine is going to fair over time. This is going to be very bad for blackberry. Light bleeding ( whatever that means), loose back, screen splitting etc... it's getting scary

My Passport is as rock solid as all of my other BBs. Wouldn't expect anything different from BlackBerry. Over a month without any problems or signs of anything going wrong. Not a mark on the device.

Most people will post problems or ask questions, rather than all of us making a post stating "I just got the Passport and there is nothing wrong with it". Not to mention the trolling on the Passport... the jealousy that this is a BlackBerry device is real. This is true innovation!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:47 AM

Be aware that most of those problems were. Reported by the same person.

Z30 STA 100-2
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-12-14 03:39 AM
    Be aware that most of those problems were. Reported by the same person.

Z30 STA 100-2
    Honestly, jere in the forums I just read the forum posts, I never pay any mind to who's posting what. I'll read a post and reply lol. There's a select few I acknowledge just from pure consistent posting in other threads lol

11-12-14 06:13 AM
    It feels solid but now that you mentioned it, it's indeed not sounding the same way in the right extremity (face down) of the back. I assume it is because there are no component right behind the cover and you hear the "emptiness".
    That said, I didn't try to open and will not. Except the sound it makes when hiting this part, nothing seems "wrong" so far.
    I'm still waiting for a protective case anyway and I guess I won't "hear" it anymore as soon as I have it
    11-12-14 07:03 AM
    Yup. Noticed the same thing a week back. Hasn't caused any issue yet. Hoping it holds together.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:33 AM
    Sorry to hear it. If it is a recent purchase you should look to get it replaced with the place where you bought it ASAP. If you get stuck dealing with BlackBerry support you may end up in a limbo of no return.
    Our resident device return expert. I really am hoping you write up a "how to" guide for the best method of returning defective Passports! (I'm actually only half joking).

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:52 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:29 PM
    Our resident device return expert. I really am hoping you write up a "how to" guide for the best method of returning defective Passports! (I'm actually only half joking).

Posted via CB10
    Lol...this one got me..but ok let's leave him alone now. We've picked on him enough. We don't honestly know his situation.

11-12-14 12:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Quite the opposite, hence the advice. I never got BlackBerry to honor a warranty claim to date. The best they ever offered to my recollection is something like a repair for one of the Torch 9800 devices back in the day. If you want assistance with repairing your Passport, I can certainly help there. The only piece I haven't figured out how to take apart yet is the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:26 PM
    just get my hard case from amazone after 3 weeks so I'm save now
    11-12-14 01:39 PM
    Quite the opposite, hence the advice. I never got BlackBerry to honor a warranty claim to date. The best they ever offered to my recollection is something like a repair for one of the Torch 9800 devices back in the day. If you want assistance with repairing your Passport, I can certainly help there. The only piece I haven't figured out how to take apart yet is the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Haven't you managed to return 6 (or 7)? Or did you just return them and haven't actually managed to get a refund/credit for them?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:43 PM
    chill. 100000s of devices were shipped more 6 weeks ago. Many as you see here have had a device for awhile with no issue. I think this fear mongering is a method for the trolls not for the average user so don't get caught up in that.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    Adif_70....i can feel the terror in your voice everytime someone mentions a defect in their Passport. Chill man, nothing to worry about. Doesn't mean blackberry will disappear. They'll tweek their production to fix all these issues overtime. But don't get so scared everytime someone mentions something that you gotta quickly say "mine is fine...mine is fine...mine is fine" . I have a strong feeling that your phone actually might be more screwed than anyones, but I doubt if it is you'd even admit it.
    11-13-14 03:58 PM
    Thanks. Bring them on. I don't have to prove anything. I have the device in hand and it didn't come to me loose, but is now. Guess that's what I get for trying to be easy with it. Luckily, I bought it through Amazon just in case. I've dealt with shopbb before and won't do it again. I really don't want to have to return it but it's looking like it's only going to get worse.
    If it's been less than 30 days, you're in luck with Amazon, they handle these issues promptly with no drama. They will cross-ship one to you asap if they have stock.

I had two very replacements for the same one device, so I guess that makes me the resident return pro

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-13-14 06:24 PM
    So far Amazon has been great to deal with. I contacted them and they told me since it wasn't delivered until in November, I have until January 15th to return it. Part of their holiday season return special. But like you said, it's normally 30 days which is still great.
    deltact likes this.
    11-13-14 06:30 PM
28 12