After 9 months using the iPhone 6 I have decided to Give a try to the blackberry passport.

These are my first impressions:

Emails: Okay what Is the Absolute first thing a blackberry user does with a new blackberry? Setup the email accounts!
    A few swipes, adding the accounts and Bang! All my emails are synchronized in the passport.

Apps: Installing the apps I need it was very easy also. With the help of a couple of videos and the crackberry forum I managed to install the google play store and I got the apps there where missing.

Keyboard: very different from the Q10, I keep trying to type shift key but instead I type Z. But I assume that in a few days I will get used to the new keyboard.

Amazingly the predictive words start Popping up almost immediately and I am making use of the keyboard swipes to choose the words.

That is something that The iPhone couldn't do in 9 months. I have tried with the iPhone and I gave Up Because doesn't work.

Speed: I am surprised how fast and Responsive the passport is! The quad core with 3gb of ram do an excellent job here.

Camera: good pictures at home with daylight but poor pictures outside at night. So far I can see a clear victory to the iPhone camera. I hope there is some configuration to improve the passport pictures.

What I miss from the iPhone so far is only the safari handoff so I can see the safari tabs that are open in the macbook.

I will miss facetime just a little bit, because I can still use in the macbook.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king, GeoK and RazzBerry like this.
    05-30-15 11:49 PM
    Take a look at push bullet and black bullet. https://www.pushbullet.com/apple black bullet is the app on BBW.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    05-30-15 11:53 PM
    Check out blend

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-31-15 12:09 AM
    Welcome to the Passport Family. Sounds like you did your home work.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:24 AM
    Thats a simple list of favorable aspects of the BB Pasport.
    And, I agree with all of them.

Thanks
    05-31-15 11:31 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the iPhone line. My wife loves her ip6 and can never see herself using any other platform. I personally don't like it for my needs. My first smartphone ever, was a blackberry Storm. The Storm 2 was better for me at the time. After a few years of using my Torch 9810 and finally my 9930. I gave Android devices a try. I was instantly hooked. Google play alone made me happy. HTC One X Plus and Galaxy S4 both served me well. However, something was missing. Enter the Classic. Moments after finding out of its existence, I knew one would find its way to me. Since January, I've been enjoying my reunion with BlackBerry. I even went as for as picking up an AT&T Passport just to see how good it is. BTW, I've been pleasantly surprised. However, it's greatest asset is its biggest challenge. The form factor. While my old eyes love it, my smaller hands feel a bit cramped. Otherwise, it's a wonderful device. Good luck with yours and welcome back to the blackberry community.
    uverz911 likes this.
    05-31-15 12:19 PM
    I would agree that the iPhone has a better camera but I will say that the Passport's browser experience is second to none. For the first time EVER, I actually use it to make shortcuts for apps I don't have such as American Express Serve. Every bit as good as an app in my opinion. Just an excellent browser for a phone. I think the more you use it, the more you'll appreciate the Blackberry. I didn't realize that until I used my Android phone for 5 days. NEVER again!
    Sonda Santiago likes this.
    05-31-15 12:25 PM
    I envy of people buying Passport, "SOMEDAY" i too shall get it.. but enjoy the device for BB is the best of all phone makers
    Sonda Santiago likes this.
    05-31-15 01:21 PM
    I envy of people buying Passport, "SOMEDAY" i too shall get it.. but enjoy the device for BB is the best of all phone makers
    I know exactly how you feel. I was there for months until last Tuesday. Now my BlackBerry Passport is at the local post office to be delivered tomorrow. You'll get there too.
    BB_Santa and Sonda Santiago like this.
    06-01-15 02:09 AM