I haven't been on this forum long and I don't post a lot but I read it daily, and I just ordered a Passport.

To make a long story short....I've been on the crackberry train since 2005-2006. Not going to go through the whole history of devices but I will say i've owned every BB 10 phone except the z3 and the Porsche Model. Back in October, I decided that I had had enough with Blackberry because of issues I was having with my phone. I had done all the side loads for Snap, never getting my google services to work right, issues left and right with the Hub and my FB messages not updating, and a few more small things....I was using a z30 at the time and updated to the latest 10.3 software for the z30 and it was a different experience in a good way....but still felt sloppy...for example, the Android apps would just run down my battery.

So I switched to the iPhone 6 plus....after about a month it started to feel just like it felt when I used to use a iPhone 4 with my bold 9900....that the iPhone was nothing but a toy. I loaded all these games I never really play, apps that are offered on all devices these days (instagram, timehop, Facebook, Kindle, etc.) The iPhone 6 plus is really awesome phone but for sending out multiple e-mails and getting things done, nothing beats a Blackberry. It's hard to explain but BB10 makes me wanna do more work. In fact, many of the apps I thought I would have to have off iTunes I don't even really use them.

The reason why I was inclined to switch is because I find myself sending out more e-mails and reading more on my phone than ever before. I'm in law school and I also run my own business so I use my phone as more of a communication device than for games and robust apps. What really prompted this decision was when I got an iPad Air 2...i found myself on that more than the iphone. (Does anybody use a BB Passport in conjunction with an iPad or Macbook Air)

Things i'm wondering about that I might miss:

Does Blend allow voice messages to come in? I like the way another iPhone user can quickly send me a voice message.

Can I watch amazon Prime movies on the Passport?

Does anybody use Snapchat? Do snaps on a passport show up differently on another phones?

Is it possible to workout with the Blackberry Passport in your pocket?

I honestly thought Blackberry was about to die. I was watching John Chen's every move but didn't realize what he was doing until about a month ago. I now have a different feeling about the future, Blackberry made a good decision by going back to their roots.
    Kaniberry and mprattmd like this.
    01-19-15 07:55 PM
    I don't know the answers to any of your specific questions.

But, I think you already know what to do. Get the PP as your daily driver 'professional' phone and keep your iPad as an entertainment device.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 02:09 AM
    What I can answer is that since I bought this PP, I put the Ipad on the shelf. Since October, my Ipad became useless.
    As for the pocket, I always put it in mu pocket when wearing a jeans, and in my jacket when wearing a suit.

As for snapchat and Amazon, I don't use them so I can't help unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and Andy_bb_king like this.
    01-20-15 04:26 AM
    I work out with the passport in my pocket several times per week and I haven't experienced any issues.

Also: The native SnapChat-client Snap10 works decently though it's currently missing the chat functionality.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 05:05 AM
    You had a bad dream. Blackberry is still in business. Now that you're awake let me inform you the Passport is the coolest phone to date.
    01-20-15 05:46 AM
    Everything is relative to the eyes of the beholder. Your misfortunes with the blackberries in the past are the same of an android user who also overloads his phone and tweaks with it. Iphone has had its success cause it kept things simple. It's definitely not a work tool but it can be converted in one with the right applications which isn't very convenient and also can be pricey at times. There is always a way to get the job done no matter what device, OS you are using. The essence is what combination covers your needs to the fullest extent. I myself have been tormented weather to purchase a PP and replace my beloved Z10. But I do have a Lumia 1320 on the side for all the things blackberry lacks. My Z10 over a year now has never failed me never crashed dropped 1000 times I have a battery bundle so I make it easily through the day with heavy workload. And I love the fact it fits in my pocket without even feeling it. If I need the bigger screen there is the Nokia I also have an iPad mini retina which I use mainly for entertainment. Bottom line blackberry covers my needs for multiple emails attachments easy access to them via one drive Dropbox, blackberry link to my laptop. It is clearly designed for the needs of the modern business world while keeping you socially connected. Games and staff are for tablets and consoles. Phones where designed for a different reason in my opinion and the companies exploit the need of entertainment by adding the extra features.

I hope black remains black exactly the way it has been doing it so far. They always improve and they do it in ways that's exciting for the user.

Posted via CB10
    wasabiGT and GLTruesdale like this.
    01-20-15 05:51 AM
    Well my iPad Air 2 definitely isn't going on a shelf lol. Does anybody actually use the iPad in conjunction with the Passport.

I understand how people say they don't need the iPad anymore but let's be realistic. For example, my use case. I spend hours in class during the day and even more hours studying. Right now I read a lot of books off my iPad Air 2. I don't see that stopping just because I have a passport.

I want to know who uses both devices together. I feel like I'm not missing a thing having fusion on an iPad Air besides FaceTime? I can d that on skype and I don't even do it a lot anyway.

I'm also a heavy mac and win 8 user. Blend can be installed on both from what I've researched and I'm looking forward to that.
    01-20-15 06:57 AM
    Amazon Prime videos play.
    However, you will need to install Google Play Store or Snap. You can then grab the APKs for Amazon and Amazon Video. Amazon music works too.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:00 AM
    Actually I am selling a brand new Galaxy Tab S 8.4 because I have it shelved since I got my Passport ..not needing it anymore, I read books on a daily basis with my pp and Kindle, and it is a very pleasurable experience. ..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-20-15 07:38 AM
    i'm primarily curious about how blend works on a tablet. Right now I really enjoy being able to answer my sms' on my iPad to other iphone and non-iPhone users.....the reason I suspect i'm not losing much productivity with Blend is that i'm not big into FaceTime, which is the only feature natively that Apple has on any other ecosystem IMO...but like I said, I don't FaceTime a lot. Plus I figure if somebody really wants to do that I can pull out the iPad....anybody with a similar use case scenario?
    01-20-15 08:24 AM
    I have Blend both on my Ipad and my PC. I really do not use blend on both for the reason the passport satisfied my need to see emails in a large format. I do use blend for file transfers along with link. I use my Ipad mainly for Instagram and browsing when I am not on the run.
    01-20-15 08:37 AM
    Blend works perfectly fine on an ipad if that is the answer your looking for. It also does not carry voice yet but it does everything else. Maybe in the future voice will come. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and GLTruesdale like this.
    01-20-15 10:53 AM
    I use both devices my passport is my daily driver and I keep my ipad air for the things I like about apple. To me a match made in heaven!

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 11:15 AM
    Well my iPad Air 2 definitely isn't going on a shelf lol. Does anybody actually use the iPad in conjunction with the Passport.

I understand how people say they don't need the iPad anymore but let's be realistic. For example, my use case. I spend hours in class during the day and even more hours studying. Right now I read a lot of books off my iPad Air 2. I don't see that stopping just because I have a passport.

I want to know who uses both devices together. I feel like I'm not missing a thing having fusion on an iPad Air besides FaceTime? I can d that on skype and I don't even do it a lot anyway.

I'm also a heavy mac and win 8 user. Blend can be installed on both from what I've researched and I'm looking forward to that.
    well that's easy for me as I don't use any apple things at all ............and yes there is life outside of apple
    01-25-15 03:53 PM
    Blend is amazing on the desktop, but runs terribly on my Fiance's Galaxy tab 3.

Not sure if it's like that for all android devices or just the aging tab3.

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    01-25-15 04:06 PM
    I use both. Passport is my mobile beast and my ipad air I use around the house for mostly entertainment purposes. IMO I have the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:13 PM
    I use both. Passport is my mobile beast and my ipad air I use around the house for mostly entertainment purposes. IMO I have the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 1000%

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:38 PM
    I hope passport will be a long shot as it is to me.

Apps are coming, as we can see with instagram.

For snapchat, it's not the best but you can use snap10 for pictures send/receive and android snapchat for chat/receive pictures. Pictures might be cropped a little (I honestly didn't see if it was or not) but you get the most of all the picture if not the totality.

Did you receive your PP yet?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 02:35 PM