I have spent the last two years on the Android roller coaster trying to find an acceptable replacement for my geriatric z30. Tried a dtek50, LG g4, priv, galaxy s8+ and a moto e4 . They all went by the wayside for various reasons like low notification volume, overheating, bloatware, notification leds that light up for reasons not understood by beings inhabiting this plane of existence, etc. I finally lost all reason and bought a passport. After setting it up and being bathed in the red glow of the notification led, I feel cleansed! For a 3yr old device running a dying OS this thing kicks the proverbial buttocks.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax, krazyatom and berry1977 like this.
    07-23-18 12:44 PM
    For a 3yr old device running a dying OS this thing kicks the proverbial buttocks.
    Well summarized It truly does!
    07-23-18 12:47 PM
    Congrats, I just had a similar experience but in reverse:

Phase 1: I should get another phone for when my Passport kicks the bucket.
    Phase 2: Research phones, realize I don't really care, they all look the same to me, and would force me to go back to typing on a screen, which I hate.
    Phase 3: I'll get whichever sub $200 phone is available when it becomes a real problem. The Nokia 3.1 currently looks pretty decent, will probably get it for my dad.
    07-23-18 01:57 PM
    Welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-18 02:00 PM
    Congrats, I just had a similar experience but in reverse:

Phase 1: I should get another phone for when my Passport kicks the bucket.
    Phase 2: Research phones, realize I don't really care, they all look the same to me, and would force me to go back to typing on a screen, which I hate.
    Phase 3: I'll get whichever sub $200 phone is available when it becomes a real problem. The Nokia 3.1 currently looks pretty decent, will probably get it for my dad.
    You do realize that there are KeyOne/Twos available with keyboards, correct?
    Yes, they will be more expensive than your "Phase 3", but they won't force you to type on a slab!
    07-23-18 03:39 PM
    You do realize that there are KeyOne/Twos available with keyboards, correct?
    Yes, they will be more expensive than your "Phase 3", but they won't force you to type on a slab!
    One with a display that falls off, the other one with wobbly keys? At only 3x the price of a mid range regular phone . Thanks, but no thanks, maybe Nokia will have come up with a decent alternative with a keyboard by then, for peanuts. I'm just glad I got to experience Blackberry's best.
    Qorax likes this.
    07-23-18 03:57 PM
    One with a display that falls off, the other one with wobbly keys? At only 3x the price of a mid range regular phone . Thanks, but no thanks, maybe Nokia will have come up with a decent alternative with a keyboard by then, for peanuts. I'm just glad I got to experience Blackberry's best.

I'm also with your line of thinking in a lot of ways with regards to BlackBerry 10. It will serve your most basic needs for calls, texts, emails and some light web surfing for the time being. The end of official support is about 18 months away and you should get a little added runway after that.

Eventually you will need make a move to another platform in some capacity but by then you will have more BlackBerry options by than. All of my friends who have converted to BlackBerry Android have eventually grown to love them, nobody I know personally has any issues with the Key 1 or 2 thus far. The Priv was an excellent device for a lot of people but for others, it was a disaster. I really think it depended on usage, apps used and maintenance etc.

Long story short, if you replace your phone in 1-2 years, the Key 3 will be available and on sale and the cost of a new Key 2, which by than will be on the last available production runs, will be much lower.

Either way, welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-18 04:27 PM
    I'm also with your line of thinking in a lot of ways with regards to BlackBerry 10. It will serve your most basic needs for calls, texts, emails and some light web surfing for the time being. The end of official support is about 18 months away and you should get a little added runway after that.

Eventually you will need make a move to another platform in some capacity but by then you will have more BlackBerry options by than. All of my friends who have converted to BlackBerry Android have eventually grown to love them, nobody I know personally has any issues with the Key 1 or 2 thus far. The Priv was an excellent device for a lot of people but for others, it was a disaster. I really think it depended on usage, apps used and maintenance etc.

Long story short, if you replace your phone in 1-2 years, the Key 3 will be available and on sale and the cost of a new Key 2, which by than will be on the last available production runs, will be much lower.

Either way, welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    Good points.
    07-23-18 05:02 PM
    I have spent the last two years on the Android roller coaster trying to find an acceptable replacement for my geriatric z30. Tried a dtek50, LG g4, priv, galaxy s8+ and a moto e4 . They all went by the wayside for various reasons like low notification volume, overheating, bloatware, notification leds that light up for reasons not understood by beings inhabiting this plane of existence, etc. I finally lost all reason and bought a passport. After setting it up and being bathed in the red glow of the notification led, I feel cleansed! For a 3yr old device running a dying OS this thing kicks the proverbial buttocks.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport SE rocks!
    07-24-18 12:03 PM
    Not only the SE, I have two black Passports and they doing their Job very well.
    07-24-18 12:37 PM
    A SE just popped up on kijiji for a reasonable price. I am so tempted but I think my wife would have me committed if I bought it.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 02:53 PM
    A SE just popped up on kijiji for a reasonable price. I am so tempted but I think my wife would have me committed if I bought it.

Posted via CB10
    I hear your pain. Every time I show her a great deal on a '69 Dodge Charger with the 426 Hemi I get shut down .... sigh.

A man's gotta get to work somehow!
    07-24-18 04:11 PM
    She might say yes to a 440 version.

Posted via CB10
    glwerry likes this.
    07-24-18 04:14 PM
  14. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    passport is the best device ever. you will get more experience there about your PKB

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    07-26-18 07:27 AM
    Went from classic to keyone. Plan on going back to BB10 I can't stand all the distractions. Is there a difference from the BlackBerry passport black vs silver? Eyeing some on ebay.
    07-26-18 10:08 AM
    One thing that I always show to someone who buys a new phone is the useful BlackBerry is: Shortcuts.

I press T in the browser and goes rocket fast to Home position or top. Press again B and the webpage goes to the bottom in a second.

Now,here it comes the best part:

Show me how do you do that in your Android or Iphone....

BlackBerry wins again.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    07-26-18 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    She will get over it, grab your balls and do it.

Posted via CB10
    falbo likes this.
    07-26-18 10:26 PM
    Got an android slab as a main phone, but it also acts as a hotspot for my red passport. I still do emails and browsing on the BlackBerry. Now if I could just mirror sms to the passport.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    07-27-18 03:53 AM
    You can do all of this with a KEYᵒⁿᵉ or Two too! You can use the app Keyboard-Browser for it.

I'm using a Passport as mediaplayer and I would never go back.

Passport is slow compared with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ . The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is unlocked and all messages checked, in the same time I just unlocked the Passport and took a look in the hub. Blackberry Productivity App on Android is fast and with a nice and fast workflow. Batterylife of the Passport is not even half of a KEYᵒⁿᵉ !
    One thing that I always show to someone who buys a new phone is the useful BlackBerry is: Shortcuts.

I press T in the browser and goes rocket fast to Home position or top. Press again B and the webpage goes to the bottom in a second.

BlackBerry wins again.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-18 05:47 AM
    A very timely thread! I just fired up my AT&T Passport and everything seems to be fine. I am getting emails,texts, and Youtube! Calls sound great also! I just need to migrate my account and my two BBM contacts (lol) from my iphone and I am good to go! I have to admit I am struggling a bit with the keyboard, but that will pass soon enough!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-18 08:43 AM

BlackBerry wins again.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I don't use shortcuts on my PRIV.

For many of us, there are certain apps that JUST DO NOT WORK on BB10. So, I switched to a PRIV - now I have the critical business apps that I need, without crazy work-arounds.

As a side bonus I can fire up my bank app and deposit a cheque without going to the bank.
    So, SEND MONEY! I can take cheques!
    07-27-18 10:15 AM
    She will get over it, grab your balls and do it.

Posted via CB10
    You know the old saying...
    "Happy wife, happy life." 😀
    07-27-18 11:16 AM
    True that my friend, true that!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-18 04:59 AM
  24. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    yes that true, young wife will leave you, but old wife will together with you forever. LOL

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    07-28-18 07:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is just awesome! Nothing beats it as a well integrated Os for productivity and communication.
    08-09-18 07:52 PM
28 12